You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wild celebrations

Pidge

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Mo v the Mancs in 2020 - we all knew we weren't being caught after that.

I've never felt anything quite like that.  Nobody quite wanted to admit that we were on course for winning the league, for fear of speaking too soon and jinxing it, but Mo scored and everyone started with "Now you're gonna believe us".

Pure, pure joy.

• Upvote 4

Mostly it's fist pumps and shouts of "Get in!" but I remember my palms stinging after I slapped my hands together following Stan's last-minute winner against the Geordies in 1996. Same with Gary Mac in the derby. Both were batshit crazy games with plenty of twists and turns. The former ultimately didn't do much for our season as we weren't in the title hunt and later shit the bed in the cup final, but I'm convinced the latter turbocharged our season and led to the treble (I think we got a draw against Chelsea in the league but we won every other game and scored a boatload).

43 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I've never felt anything quite like that.  Nobody quite wanted to admit that we were on course for winning the league, for fear of speaking too soon and jinxing it, but Mo scored and everyone started with "Now you're gonna believe us".

Pure, pure joy.

Yeah this. Pure unadulterated joy because we knew the wait was over. Still get a buzz watching it now.

Rushie's winning goal in the 89 Cup final was extra special for me and I guess most Reds given the context and who it was against plus they had equalised twice. Pure happiness.

The final few moments of the Cl second leg as well then watching Milly, Gini and Hendo collapsing to the ground right at the final whistle. Special moment that.

• Upvote 1

Owen winner in 2001 in Cardiff

Final whistle against Chelsea in the semi final 2005 

The Barca 4 nil although I was very very very drunk and it didn’t sink in until the hangover subsided (Great night with @Dr Nowt afterwards, I doubt two Northern Irish lads expected their taxi to get hijacked over here) 

Randomly Coutinho’s opener against Southampton about 7 years ago. It was a screamer after a minute or two but I didn’t see it because the weather was so shite and I was two rows from the front, some twat landed on me and we all fell forward onto the soaking floor. 

Fabinho’s screamer against City was pretty special. For once “shoot” actually worked 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Pure, pure joy.

I think that celebration was partially to blame for what followed - everybody celebrated so hard it knocked the world off its axis. 

• Upvote 3

At the match, the first one I remember is the last home match of the promotion season, There was nothing on the game, we were already up as champions, but the hope was we could get through the home season unbeaten. After 85 minutes we were losing 1 nil and the 8 year old me was probably in tears and wanting to go home (some things don't change). 5 minutes later and we'd won 2-1. I think it was the first time I'd seen the passion and joy that football can bring,

At home it would be Owen's second goal in the Cup final and Gerrard's screamer against Olympiakos. On both occasions I was sitting on one side of the room and ended up both times on the other side of the room, screaming and waving my arms in the air without any knowledge of how I'd got from A to B. I was so out of it that I even missed Gray's commentary for the Gerrard goal.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Randomly Coutinho’s opener against Southampton about 7 years ago. It was a screamer after a minute or two but I didn’t see it because the weather was so shite and I was two rows from the front, some twat landed on me and we all fell forward onto the soaking floor. 

Was that the away where some lad wasn't shifting to let us (me) to our seats? I missed it too, think Mark did too, not sure he's forgiven me for it.

18 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Was that the away where some lad wasn't shifting to let us (me) to our seats? I missed it too, think Mark did too, not sure he's forgiven me for it.

Not sure, I ended up stood in-front of you lads on my own between 4 lads, one of whom leant over and grabbed my cock thinking I was his mate..... Strange game. 

6 hours ago, No7 said:

At home probably Coutinho in the 3-2 against City.

The fast start at the Sterling goal was utter carnage.

I hate that goal. That was the moment it felt we all believed. It made the fall hurt even more.

Some obvious and memorable ones already mentioned. A few personal ones:

1. A Robbie Fowler last minute winner against Everton, late 90’s probably.

2. Ronnie Whelan’s extra time equaliser against Portsmouth at Highbury (I didn’t even know he’d scored it until the journey home. I’d thought it was John Barnes as I was swallowed up by the North Bank).

3. The FA Cup third round last minute equaliser at Blackburn, early 90’s again I think

4. Collymore’s winner in the first 4-3.

10 hours ago, Scott_M said:

That’s untrue.

I disagree. Nowadays they are always looking for an excuse to rule it out which involves a long wait after which the moment is gone. Look at that farcical alleged penalty for Madrid in the last moments at the Bernebeu when everybody knew it was never a penalty based on FIFA's own recommendations. A goal nowadays is just as bad.

18 minutes ago, Barnesey said:

To turn this on its head somewhat, the goal I have celebrated the least was Cody’s at Newcastle. From my standpoint it was clearly offside so I didn’t raise a cheer. 

When VAR confirmed it I barely raised a smile - the moment had gone

At home it looked well offside.