You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

The shitter we get, the more I think the Bellingham thing is a good idea. That's assuming he'd still want to come.

Normally, I'd say buy 3 40m midfielders with the money, but we need a big jolt of any kind, no matter that he's probably not worth the money and even if we have to blow the whole budget on him.

We also don't really need numbers, is the thing. People are kidding themselves if they think that more than 2, or at most, 3 midfielders, are going. 

13 minutes ago, andrew78 said:

I'd take a punt that without a sale and nobody is stupid enough to invest without out being the controlling owners , Allison will be sold as the will make kellegher number 1 

There is only Bayern who needs a top keeper. 

56 minutes ago, andrew78 said:

Ah right,do u think they would dare sell to any of our rivals , arsenal maybe and I'm not being funny Newcastle they can blow anyone out of the water 

Well, Madrid have Courtois, Barca have Ter Stegen, Atletico have Oblak, PSG have Donnarunna, doubt anybody in Italy could afford him and there is no way I’d be selling him to another English side. 

With Neur being 36 and recovering from a broken leg, I’d say Bayern are the only option.

Either way, he is the last player in our squad I’d be looking to sell. 

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Well, Madrid have Courtois, Barca have Ter Stegen, Atletico have Oblak, PSG have Donnarunna, doubt anybody in Italy could afford him and there is no way I’d be selling him to another English side. 

With Neur being 36 and recovering from a broken leg, I’d say Bayern are the only option.

Either way, he is the last player in our squad I’d be looking to sell. 

I just think there will be someone to sacrifice and I think he is out biggest asset 

If we had Edwards and Graham running the show, I'd take that 80m in a heartbeat and give it to them. They'd probably find a replacement for 40m and use the other 40m to buy some unknown midfielder that would turn out to be the next Alonso.

With the current situation in our recruitment department, I'm not so sure. Lijnders will just buy Benfica's or Sporting's best player and hope that he can replace Salah's goals that way.

20 hours ago, an tha said:

Cancel the summer spending plans and get ready for the leccy to be cut off...

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/02/failed-brewster-payment-2-reds-edge-closer-to-return-latest-lfc-news/

They should be made to pay the double of what they owe. Fucking punishment for paying 23.5m for Brewster!!

13 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

If we had Edwards and Graham running the show, I'd take that 80m in a heartbeat and give it to them. They'd probably find a replacement for 40m and use the other 40m to buy some unknown midfielder that would turn out to be the next Alonso.

With the current situation in our recruitment department, I'm not so sure. Lijnders will just buy Benfica's or Sporting's best player and hope that he can replace Salah's goals that way.

That's why we need Bellingham. Get the most fool proof player, no need to scout and overcomplicate. That's where we are.

26 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Wouldn't put it past FSG if we signed him in the summer, gave Kieta and Milner extensions and get kante on a free. While selling Mo and coming out with the no CL football means no money unless we sell excuse. 

What an absolute shit show.

That’s an absolute stretch. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Wouldn't put it past FSG if we signed him in the summer, gave Kieta and Milner extensions and get kante on a free. While selling Mo and coming out with the no CL football means no money unless we sell excuse. 

What an absolute shit show.

You do understand that a rumour from a blag comedy football account and you adding your own made up negative future predictions because you’re pissed off doesn’t make the club “an absolute shit show”?

It’s grand to be pissed off, but can we all stop doing this nonsense please?  Stating stuff that hasn’t happened and then taking the leap to it being fact so you can slam the club is the actions of a child. 

18 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

You do understand that a rumour from a blag comedy football account and you adding your own made up negative future predictions because you’re pissed off doesn’t make the club “an absolute shit show”?

It’s grand to be pissed off, but can we all stop doing this nonsense please?  Stating stuff that hasn’t happened and then taking the leap to it being fact so you can slam the club is the actions of a child. 

Personally, I’m looking forward to next season in the Championship - some new grounds to go to and we get to keep the games v Everton. 

9 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Personally, I’m looking forward to next season in the Championship - some new grounds to go to and we get to keep the games v Everton. 

I read on @topbantzFSGOUTthat Henry is moving Liverpool to MLS and signing Joe Cole again. 

We really are a fucking mess 

2 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

I support Leyton833’s imagination not Liverpool FC.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

A good post in full. 

I've been a fan of Gomez for years but I don't see the point anymore, if he still has 2 functioning legs by June sell him. He's a good player but he needs 20 games to get back to previous levels and he isn't getting that here.

7 minutes ago, No2 said:

I've been a fan of Gomez for years but I don't see the point anymore, if he still has 2 functioning legs by June sell him. He's a good player but he needs 20 games to get back to previous levels and he isn't getting that here.

Even at his best, Gomez wasn't smart enough tactically in the biggest European games. He was all physicality and he's lost that physicality. We should sell him, but I don't think we want to as we extended him recently enough. 

It says it all when he plays right back and people fall over themselves to praise him. It's like man, how far has he fallen.

Skriniar going on a free to PSG in the summer. This is the type of player and deal we should be looking at.

Every player that comes in now should be far better than what we’ve got (I know) and our rivals and be able to hit the ground running.

An experienced top level centre half

A proper right back

2 world class midfielders who can run, create and get to the ball first.

A right sided forward with pace and goals. 

No one should feel their place is secure next season.