You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stefan Bajcetic

John102

Big performance from the lad. Man of the match for me. He went in there and stood his ground. Had a physical precense that’s been missing from this team, and so composed on the ball.

The second goal was a great team goal, made possible by his pressing and in the end tackling to win it inside our half. 

Delighted about this one, and fuck me do we need him.

I think his early integration into the first team is down to the fall-off in form of older midfielders, so at least there's been some positive from that.

Sometimes these things just work out really well. Who knows what would happen if he'd been knocking around the reserves for another year, or if we'd loaned him out?

Also, I thought he looked far too frail when we started introducing him at the start of the season, but he's so good his physique doesn't even matter much. 

35 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I see him in Fabinho's position.

Yeah.  At the moment he's the only one with sprightly legs in midfield, so he's probably been our best at pressing up the pitch.  His best attributes are probably on the defensive midfielder side though - reading the game, and getting a tackle in, avoiding pressure to play smart little passes between the lines.

Maybe you'd want to see a little more creativity in the long run if you were going to play him as a more advanced midfielder?

13 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Brilliant tonight. Haven't seen a teenager play so well in centre mid in the PL since early Fabregas.

Some player, him. Mad that Spain had Xavi, Iniesta, Xabi and Fabregas all at the same time. Had he played in any other era, Arteta would have had a lot more caps, but he was never forcing his way past that lot.