You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Happy Birthday, Champ!

Captain Turdseye

On 20/10/2022 at 10:33, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Happy birthday. Hope you've got some flowers left in full bloom.

We got back home yesterday after a few days away. It was incredible how the garden had wilted in such a short time…like someone had sat on it. I was expecting to go into the garden today and add some pictures on here but unless you like decay (which increasingly I do) it all looks a bit sad.

That said, there were plenty of really ripe raspberries to pick which was very exciting…the result of me moving a row of canes into a more open site last autumn. I’ll be making space for the rest if the weather holds tomorrow 

• Upvote 1

On 20/10/2022 at 12:51, Remmie said:

Happy birthday Miss Lady. Did you ever get that frying pan you can out in the oven? 

What did I want it for again?

I got a small oven proof Le Creuset style shallow non stick pan and then followed it up with a much larger hob to oven sauté pan with a glass lid which I use loads.

You didn’t really want to know, did you?

• Upvote 1

On 20/10/2022 at 13:05, Stouffer said:

Get some, get some.

Birthday cake.

My birthday turned out to be a bit of a washout…and it turns out one of the things I like having on my birthday is a cake…so I bought an overpriced but very nice cupcake today

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Champ said:

What did I want it for again?

I got a small oven proof Le Creuset style shallow non stick pan and then followed it up with a much larger hob to oven sauté pan with a glass lid which I use loads.

You didn’t really want to know, did you?

First post of the foodie thread if that helps. Le Creuset eh? Fancy

54 minutes ago, Remmie said:

First post of the foodie thread if that helps. Le Creuset eh? Fancy

Ah…

I did say Le Creuset ‘style’. It was a Sainsburys own brand copy. Cast iron Le Creuset is beyond my ‘everyday’ budget these days

• Upvote 1