You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

How many times have Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal changed managers since Klopp was appointed? I have lost count. We all know why City have not changed the manager the sportswashing cunts.

Shows the kind of genius he is to have completely transformed our club in such a short space of time. With a little more help he would have at least won another title and CL. But FSG being the cunts they are, probably on the phone now with him saying "see Jurgen, money isn't everything..."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

The new Chelsea owners sound like dickheads. They'll fit right in. 

Hope they put that £260m they gave him onto the club debt. 

Potter would be better staying at Brighton as he'd just become another casualty after a couple of months or a few bad results. At least at Brighton he has a board that will be patient and seemingly are able to get good players for relatively nothing. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Hope they put that £260m they gave him onto the club debt. 

Potter would be better staying at Brighton as he'd just become another casualty after a couple of months or a few bad results. At least at Brighton he has a board that will be patient and seemingly are able to get good players for relatively nothing. 

The debt was effectively wiped out when Boehly bought the club.

Tuchel's tactics were like cryptonite to us. I know he didn't beat us many times but they had our number in many ways, but for really bad finishing they would have beaten a few times. I'm taking this as a positive, Chelsea look to be run the way we all hoped, some flash yank spending the family silver on Ronaldo.

There are a lot of ‘Why did he give him £250M to spend then sack him?’ shouts online, when it feels a somewhat safe bet Tuchel wasn’t the one spray-gunning money at anyone in a pair of shorts all summer. Bizarre read when there’s a new owner playing Championship Manager involved. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

There's plenty of talented players in that Chelsea squad, could definitely see a different coach getting a lot more out of them. Big pressure on us for top four if they get Potter or Pochettino.

Not sure how those appointments would translate into Liverpool scraping top 4....especially after 6 games and just 6 points off top of table. If Ancelotti or Conte took job perhaps something, but failing to win the PL or worse not get to top 4 will be down to Liverpool alone and definitely not likes of those two being appointed at Chelsea. I think Chelsea are a laughing stock! Long may it continue. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Nolongerathletic said:

Not sure how those appointments would translate into Liverpool scraping top 4....especially after 6 games and just 6 points off top of table. If Ancelotti or Conte took job perhaps something, but failing to win the PL or worse not get to top 4 will be down to Liverpool alone and definitely not likes of those two being appointed at Chelsea. I think Chelsea are a laughing stock! Long may it continue. 

It's pretty simple. We're shit compared to last year's Liverpool side. We're still better than this year's Chelsea side so far, though. They're shit as well.

With Poch or as it's looking like Potter I expect them to improve, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them winning more points than us over the course of the season. Unless we improve as well.

1 hour ago, Nolongerathletic said:

Agree with you but it seems some are all for throwing the towel in after an admittedly poor start.

Whoever gets the chelsea job will be casting one eye at Boehly and the other at the cliques in a squad who downed tools for the now departed manager.

Potter seems a nice guy and a good manager but I remember the same things being said about Eddie Howe before Bournemouth were relegated. And make no mistake, if results went against Brighton he would be shown the door. There’s no loyalty in football for Managers.

If I was him, I would take the Chelsea job as it would set my up for life with the anticipated payout in 12-18 months time.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, CrownPaints said:

Potter seems a nice guy and a good manager but I remember the same things being said about Eddie Howe before Bournemouth were relegated. And make no mistake, if results went against Brighton he would be shown the door. There’s no loyalty in football for Managers.

If I was him, I would take the Chelsea job as it would set my up for life with the anticipated payout in 12-18 months time.

This why he absolutely cant turn it down.

Football is mental like that.  

34 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Agree with you but it seems some are all for throwing the towel in after an admittedly poor start.

Whoever gets the chelsea job will be casting one eye at Boehly and the other at the cliques in a squad who downed tools for the now departed manager.

Can't see Potter turn it down...if he did it would really signify what a shit-show it is. Tuchel has to take a lot of blame also...never a fan of some of those players, particularly Lukaku/Werner, but to be as dreadful as they were takes some doing.

Seems bizarre to me that according to Sky Sports, Potter was today at a full team photo shoot with the Brighton squad but is now literally, hot footing it to chelsea for an interview!

Normally, you'd think an interview would take a couple of days to arrange never mind the interviewee wanting a couple of days to prepare.

I mean if Boehly was to ask 'So Graham, how do you plan to take this squad of expensively assembled players, many that I personally brought in, forward over the rest of the season?' I dont think a long pause is going to cut it!