You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone’s Having a Real Laugh - How Long Until They ‘Bin Bag’ Ten Hag?

I was chatting to a United fan in work earlier this week. He’s a lovely lad but he often talks shit about football but not in a knobhead way. 

anyway, he was saying with tongue in cheek that they were apparently the most in form team in the league and over the past however many games Onana was the keeper with the most clean sheets. 

I took him at his word but just said “you’re not though”. This is where you need to believe your eyes and throw stats in the bin. 

anytime I’ve seen them they’ve looked shit. Even when they’ve won.

That’s their current form. Looking shit.

• Upvote 2

I reckon they’ll beat a disinterested Bayern side and maybe get through. 

Anyway, they’d be going out early in the knock-outs so I’m not that arsed either way.

Have to say, it will be bleak if we don’t beat them at Anfield next month after the hidings we’ve dished out in recent times. They look decent going forward when there’s a bit of space but absolutely woeful at the back. 

On 28/11/2023 at 20:48, Lee909 said:

Reckon they'll make a bit with selling Varane to Saudis amd Sancho to a West Ham type. 

Sancho is on 350k pw. West Ham or similar will only pay a quarter of that. The only way he leaves, is if they offset his wages with a large portion of the sale. I can see him try outlast Ten Hag

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Anyway, they’d be going out early in the knock-outs so I’m not that arsed either way.

Have to say, it will be bleak if we don’t beat them at Anfield next month after the hidings we’ve dished out in recent times. They look decent going forward when there’s a bit of space but absolutely woeful at the back. 

They'd still need a draw in the Copenhagen v Galatasaray game. They could go through but I think they are gone. My fear is that they win and qualify for the Europa

1 hour ago, Razoray said:

They'd still need a draw in the Copenhagen v Galatasaray game. They could go through but I think they are gone. My fear is that they win and qualify for the Europa

And why would that cause fear?

Just seen their fixture list.  A few potential Onana skins in there.

66C2B123-EDF8-449E-AE3D-0D181E83481A.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, El Rojo said:

They can't qualify unless the other game is a draw though, so they need an incredible amount of luck on the last day.

If Tuchel and Bayern have got any sense they will go for the jugular and eliminate them.

20 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

They can't qualify unless the other game is a draw though, so they need an incredible amount of luck on the last day.

If Tuchel and Bayern have got any sense they will go for the jugular and eliminate them.

Unfortunately they are the spawniest side the word has ever seen. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Just seen those goals. Onana should have done better with all of them,.but the 1st two are slapstick. 

I’ve only just seen them now, staggering. But I used to dance a little jig whenever they fucked up, these days I can barely be arsed checking twatter.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Just seen those goals. Onana should have done better with all of them,.but the 1st two are slapstick. 

I've watched them multiple times now (for research reasons) and for the life of me I work out  how he let the second one in. 

• Upvote 1

Detailed breakdown of Rasmus Højlund's league goals and assists below. If I've made an error or left anything out, feel free to edit:

He should score an own goal. At least he will have a goal credited to his name.

Detailed breakdown of Rasmus Højlund's league goals and assists below. If I've made an error or left anything out, feel free to edit:

Cost the same as Nunez, no league goals going into December yet doesn't seem to get a fraction of the stick Nunez gets, from all angles.

• Upvote 1

On 30/11/2023 at 12:25, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah, I only just caught the highlights, rightfully the one everyone made a big deal of was the 2nd but the 1st goal was also was also awful(so much so I initially thought thats what everyone was talking about).

Everything you need to know that what you see with your eyes means more than what the stats say!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67587754

Those numbers come from Opta calculations, with actual goals conceded being subtracted from the expected goals on target (xGOT) conceded figures, which reflect quality of chances for the opponent and shot execution.

Defending his keeper, Ten Hag said: "If you analyse it well then you see he is the second-best goalkeeper in the Premier League based on stats, so his expected defending goals is the second best in the Premier League."

• Haha 1