You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite film scene

Captain Howdy

I’m sure this has been done before but I’m shite at the search function so apologies in advance,  been watching a few films lately and I’m one who will watch a scene over and again. Two that I watch on a regular basis are the opening scene of “Inglorious basterds ” with the nazi and the farmer ( I actually think this is the best movie scene I've ever seen) and the petrol station scene in “no country for old men” any others……friendo 

• Upvote 1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every group meeting scene in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, they are masterpieces of pacing & tension

The Godfather Part II when Vito goes back to Italy & slashes the fat cunt who killed his Mum.

The Godfather Part II when Vito kills the Blackhand, the whole build up to it is phenomenal.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The scene in the thing where they test the blood.

The scene in big lebowski when he etches the notepad expecting to see a phone number written down  but its just a sketch of a dude with a hard on.

De Niro bar scene in good fellas when the camera pans in and sunshine of your love is playing.

There's literally dozens of great scenes in cinema history... dozens!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Simbo said:

Blimey…..there’s loads.

First one off the top of my head is the shootout scene in Heat

I saw that in the cinema- my ears are still ringing...

This seemed impossibly, ridiculously cool at the time-

I'm not sure if it counts as a scene as they're both multiple takes over 20 minutes or more, but both the Helm's Deep and Rohirrim charge in LotR are sensational. Bernard Hill setting it up would probably be closest to the original idea, very stirring-

I also like the Full Metal Jacket opening scene- I'd just joined the OTC (university TA) and shat myself...

• Upvote 1