You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harry Kane

Bjornebye

Where will he end up next season?   

134 members have voted

1. 1. Where will he end up next season?

It's always hard to take when one of your better players wants to move on. If it is a player at another club, you dont really bother except maybe just a passing interest of who it is.

Personally, I cant blame Kane. He's like the rest of us, can see Spurs are going on a downwards trend. A footballer's career is short and Spurs arent going to be challenging for the title or CL any time soon. Levy's big mistake was getting rid of Pochettino just because the team dipped after the disappointment of Madrid.

Id love Kane at Anfield but it aint going to happen. Im convinced he'll rock up at city, maybe not this summer but next. I cannot see him signing for the mancs while the gimp is there.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Razoray said:

Imagine if Pogba or Rashford did an interview with Xavi on the golf course talking about leaving Utd with 3 years left on his contract? How would Gary Neville feel about that? 

It's fucking disgusting. If he wants to have a discussion with Levy, then maybe he should have the discussion with Levy and not a cheerleader of a prospective buyer. 

If Big Nat did it, I'd be livid

We all would mate. 

Isn't the rumour he wanted out last summer but was convinced to give Mourinho a season and see how it pans out? Allegedly, he has a gentleman's agreement from last summer that he can leave if unhappy?

Who knows, maybe he'll be cheaper than the £100m we all expect but he'll still be hugely expensive.

As much as I'd love it to be us, I can only see it being either of the Manchester clubs signing him. 

11 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

It's always hard to take when one of your better players wants to move on. If it is a player at another club, you dont really bother except maybe just a passing interest of who it is.

Personally, I cant blame Kane. He's like the rest of us, can see Spurs are going on a downwards trend. A footballer's career is short and Spurs arent going to be challenging for the title or CL any time soon. Levy's big mistake was getting rid of Pochettino just because the team dipped after the disappointment of Madrid.

Id love Kane at Anfield but it aint going to happen. Im convinced he'll rock up at city, maybe not this summer but next. I cannot see him signing for the mancs while the gimp is there.

I get where your coming from with this but I also kind of think Pochettino's race was ran.

He had minimal upgrades when he was there (relatively speaking anyway) and they lost a League Cup Final, League Runners Up twice and beaten CL Finalists. Without investment and refreshing the squad, the same players will be hearing the same message over and over, thinking about how much effort they put in under Pochettino (and they really, really did) and thinking "Fuck it, we'll only come second again".

If Pochettino had more funds to rejuvenate the side, he likely could have kept on with the ultra hard work ethos, but they had to pay for the stadium and he was more or less stuck with what he had.

I'd hate to think where we would be had we lost in Madrid. 2 CL finals lost on the bounce & 97 points and still came 2nd. 

43 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think Levy was well aware before that Kane wants to leave. This isn't some revelation.

Also, if Salah did that, it would be weird given what he's won at the club. Kane has a right to be sick of Spurs, to be honest. He's within his rights to believe that, even with a contract extension not long ago, Spurs haven't been competitive enough since. In terms of what players have done to try to get moves, this interview is very, very far from disgusting. If the big problem is that it's with Neville, ok, maybe it could have been with a presenter and not an ex-player. I don't get the big deal, but ok.

The part where I agree it's bad is when he says it's his choice what will happen. Clearly it won't be.

Well we are different types of supporters I suppose

I think him being interviewed by Neville when one of the clubs he could end up at is United is a bit problematic! United would be up in arms if say Caragher has a nice little chat with lets say Grealish when we were a club who he was linked with. I think that is a fair criticism of Kane. 

But I think had they won the league in 2016 then he'd be staying. I can understand why.

I feel unfulfilled at my current job and it has failed to live up to my expectations- but I am a lazy cunt and I get away with being bang average - so I'm going see my career out with them. 

5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Suarez has been treated like shit by the club and then he played out of his skin for a year. Worra cunt!

Suarez treated like shit by Liverpool? Weird way of looking at the nonsense his numerous stupid actions put the club through. Good thing he was a world class player, it made him not completely dislikeable.

10 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Suarez has been treated like shit by the club and then he played out of his skin for a year. Worra cunt!

Was with you with the bite thing, but how did the club treat him like shit? They backed him constantly!

I'd actually have a little bit more respect for him if he went to yernited over city. If he ends up at city, which I think he will, he won't have to make a difference or work hard as the trophies will just roll in anyway, each of them with a big fat pound shaped asterix stamped on it. 

If he stayed there he'd never win anything, spurs are a team of losers and have a loser mentally that runs throughout the club from levy down. It was glaringly obvious watching the documentary "all or nothing" and performances on the pitch too. Son if he has any sense should go too. 

The stadium they have is magnificent and the best in the country but its like the lottery winners have moved in and don't have a clue how to maximise its and the clubs potential. 

Son if you are reading this get in touch. Naby likes London and we'll swap. 

11 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Suarez treated like shit by Liverpool? Weird way of looking at the nonsense his numerous stupid actions put the club through. Good thing he was a world class player, it made him not completely dislikeable.

His numerous stupid actions?

1.  Using a Spanish word that everyone  (except the incompetent agenda-driven arseholes at the FA) agree is neither racist nor insulting.

2. Flipping the bird at Fulham fans who called him racist. 

3. Having his head mashed by a national witch-hunt.

4. Being thrown under the bus by LFC, who refused to appeal a clearly perverse decision against him.

5. Wanting to get away from all that shit.

6. Biting Branko Ivanovic. 

7. Quietly moving on when Evra refused to shake his hand.

8. Not rising to Evra's attempts to provoke him (the handshake, the attempted leg-breaker, getting right up in his face)

9. Playing out of his skin for a year after he'd been sent to train with the kids.

What other "stupid actions" have I missed?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Chairman Meow said:

Yes, he openly stated he always wanted to live in Spain because his wife's family lived there. 

I meant the national football team, obviously.

Also, it's not that he wanted to leave his country; it's that he didn't want to leave his missus.

1 hour ago, belarus said:

Was with you with the bite thing, but how did the club treat him like shit? They backed him constantly!

His team-mates backed him. But when that dodgy panel returned a verdict so perverse that Lionel Hutz could have won the appeal, the club decided to let Suarez carry the can (and to let the record state that he's racist).

19 hours ago, andyj said:

i think levy will price him out of any move he has years on his contract so not like there is any pressure to sell him

I think levy needs to be careful. Admittedly it was a mistake from kane not getting something written in a contract, but he had a verbal agreement to go. Players need to feel trust - kane signs a contract that means should he want to leave, spurs still get rewarded instead of him walking on a free (which I think this would have been the point his last contract would have expired). I'm all for trying to hold players to contracts, but if you make a verbal agreement, be man enough to stick to it. There's clearly blame on both sides here, but we have to consider Kane's decision when he signed - it's his club and he doesn't want to fuck them. If Levy prices kane out of a move, then there'll be lots of players (and agents) down the line who won't let Levy off the hook. 

• Upvote 2