You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Diouf upto old tricks

Guest U.M.C

Listening to the Legends last night (Northeast) a guy came on saying he was at Boro / Bolton Game. He was sitting near dug outs.

When Diouf was subbed he was thrown a water bottle by a team mate or coach. He was taking a drink as he was heading to his seat. As is the way of home supporters he was given a bit of abuse (acceptable in this day and age) anyway he decides to react and spits a mouthful of water into the crowd all over some 11 yr old kid. There was a bit of bother and the police are involved.

SOME people never learn

Unfortunately I think we're stuck with at least Diouf. Who'll want to buy him with his behaviour on and off the pitch? The only solution is sending him on loan and that way recoup part of the salary Lfc is paying him.

Cheyrou is another prospect entirely. I don't think he's on the same wages as Diouf, and he is both a decent player and a decent person afaik. Thus he should be easier to offload.

Allardyce has already said he is goin back to Lpool at the end of the season....

Feck. It's a bit like the end of Souey's reign when we struggled to get shut of Stewart and Clough. Nobody will match their LFC salary but cancelling their contract will cost a bomb.

He played a big part in Bolton's result against Boro by being a constant source of irritation and free kicks.Allardyce may just be trying to reduce the price for next summer.He's hardly going to say that he's desperate to sign him.

Unfortunately I think we're stuck with at least Diouf. Who'll want to buy him with his behaviour on and off the pitch? The only solution is sending him on loan and that way recoup part of the salary Lfc is paying him.

Cheyrou is another prospect entirely. I don't think he's on the same wages as Diouf, and he is both a decent player and a decent person afaik. Thus he should be easier to offload.

Cheyrou was second highest paid player at the club when he signed....I heard he was on £55k!

aws, true about Allardyce, I think we'd take 2 or 3m for him.....

He played a big part in Bolton's result against Boro by being a constant source of irritation and free kicks.Allardyce may just be trying to reduce the price for next summer.He's hardly going to say that he's desperate to sign him.

Agree. He said something like 'we can't affords to pay what Liverpool will be asking'

Erm, you what? I don't think so. Liverpool will take pretty much any offer that comes in. The talk in the summer was £3m. We'd snatch someone's hands off if they offered that. If Bolton offered us £2m or so I'm sure we'd take it.

Allardyce is just playing it cagey.

Cheyrou was second highest paid player at the club when he signed....I heard he was on £55k!

I don't believe that for a second. Perhaps someone else knows? If it's true I am absolutely shocked!

Personally I'd give Diouf away for free, though I hope the club can get a fee. He obviously won't be playing so it would be nice to not have to pay his wages.

i heard cheyrou had a clause like the one bilic had at the shite - where he had to be in the top 3 earners at the club. usually though the wages can go down in those situations too, so maybe with owen gone we might have reduced his money a bit.

If we gave terms like that to Bruno fucking Cheyrou, we deserve everything we get. What other club of our stature would take a risk like that on an unproven player? And if that was the only way we could entice him, then we should have told him to fuck off. Damien Duff wouldn't have caused all this bother. I know it's very old news, but that still makes me angry: Damien Duff for £13m or the three cackers for £20m? It's a fucking no-brainer to everyone except GH.

I fucking hate players like Diouf.

Makes me really angry when I see players behave like that. Diouf has a lot of talent but lets himself down by acting like a complete little prick. Doesn't deserve the chance to be playing football every week. Plenty of players behaved themselves and conducted themselves professionally yet they've had their careers either cut short or ruined by injury - Jamie Redknapp for one. Nice guys finish last eh?

Bolton and all their horrible chavvy little inbred Manc supporters are welcome to this low life.

Could have all been so different if the summer of 2002 had seen us end up with Duff. Can't change it now though, and I'm sure Gerard knows that as much as anyone.

/QUOTE]

No chance. He only cost £4.5m and had no French caps when we signed him. Why pay him that when Lille were probably not even paying him £10,000 a week before he signed for us?

I image some large-breasted slapper telling him how manly it is to do charly should do the trick. Quick phone call to FA, on the spot test, and we're free Mutu stylee!
In principle, it's a nice idea. However, if rumours are to be believed, Diouf would be unlikely to have his head excessively turned by a large-breasted slapper. I shall say no more...

StD

/QUOTE]

No chance. He only cost £4.5m and had no French caps when we signed him. Why pay him that when Lille were probably not even paying him £10,000 a week before he signed for us?

Like I said, its only what I heard at the time and it was from more than one source.....I don't know what any of the players are on, I just heard he was second highest after signing......which completely baffled me!!!