You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

23 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

United to bid for Thiago that would stir some shit.

I don't think they actually want to sign him given that they're about to sign Van Der Beek. I think it's an attempt by Thiago's agent and Bayern for us to get our skates on with a deal. The Mancs won't mind being name-dropped because they know it's likely to make Bayern jack up the price. Either we end up paying a bit more than we wanted, or we simply walk away. There is a 3rd option though, which is us paying what Bayern wanted in the first place (€30m).

1 minute ago, Trumo said:

I don't think they actually want to sign him given that they're about to sign Van Der Beek. I think it's an attempt by Thiago's agent and Bayern for us to get our skates on with a deal. The Mancs won't mind being name-dropped because they know it's likely to make Bayern jack up the price. Either we end up paying a bit more than we wanted, or we simply walk away. There is a 3rd option though, which is us paying what Bayern wanted in the first place (€30m).

Just hope we don't get too smart with this one. Thiago seems like he is really keen to come. Let's not piss him off and then see some cunts like United or Juve come in and get him. Sometimes you need to pay the price. Yeah he is free next year, but as it stands so is Gini.

He is a world eleven candidate. 30 million is nothing if he is a big part of us winning another league or European Cup. He pays for itself then.

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

0b2b425e271a216b018a2886625a1201.gif

Ok he is the current pusher giving mane firmino and Salah a kick up the "form" backside. Anyway when I saw your reply i had a flash forward two years and our front three was Origi Brewster Elliot reminded me of the balotelli Lambert borini pic a few years ago. 

17 minutes ago, an tha said:

We usually do our business early in windows don't we?

I realise this one is potentially different because of everything being changed timewise - but for my money if there is nobody else in by time we play Leeds, then nobody else is coming.

I reckon Thiago has gone away on his hols and is getting his lean on for when he returns from his jollies.

37 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Just hope we don't get too smart with this one. Thiago seems like he is really keen to come. Let's not piss him off and then see some cunts like United or Juve come in and get him. Sometimes you need to pay the price. Yeah he is free next year, but as it stands so is Gini.

He is a world eleven candidate. 30 million is nothing if he is a big part of us winning another league or European Cup. He pays for itself then.

He wasn’t really a world eleven candidate until he was linked with us though, was he?

I saw a swiss ramble thing on Chelsea where the case was made that all this expenditure was legit.

It's bullshit, obvs.  Yes they moved Pedro and Willian on, but you can't tell me Silva/Havertz/Werner don't want the same as them. 

Let's look back over the last 5 seasons and see where the money has been flowing on the big signings, and big wages, and bear in mind that in each season they have around 20-30 players out on loan, details of who pays their wages is not clear.  I'm not going to bother doing youth players either, many are on smaller wages, and there are too many buys and sells, but it doesn't help their argument, put it that way. 

16/17 in (9) includes:

Batshuayi - £33m

Kante - £32m

Alonso - £23m

Luiz - £30m

16/17 out (11) includes:

Falcao/Pato (end of loan)

Salah - £14.5m

Oscar - £60m

Obi Mikel - undisclosed

Ivanovic - free

17/18 in (9) includes:

Barkley - £15m

Emerson - £17.5m

Giroud - £18m

Caballero - free

Rudiger - £29m

Bakayoko - £40m

Morata - £58m

Zappacosta - £23m

Drinkwater - £35m

17/18 out (21) includes:

Costa - £50m

Remy - free

Matic - £40m

Terry - free

Ake - £20m

Cuadrado - £17.3m

Begovic - £10m

18/19 - in (10) includes

Jorginho - £51m

Kepa - £72m

Pulisic - £57m

Higuain - £7m loan

Kovacic - loan free

18/19 - out (16) includes

Fabregas - £8m

Courtois - £31m

19/20 - in (2)

Kovacic - £40m

Fiabema - £540,000

19/20 - out (27) includes:

Robert Green - free

Eden Hazard - £103m

Ola Aina - £8.8m

Tomas Kalas - £8.1m

Gary Cahill - free

David Luiz - £7.8m

20/21 - in (10) includes:

Ziyech - £36m

Werner - £50m

Chilwell - £45m

Sarr - free

Silva - free

20/21 - out (13) includes:

Morata - £50m

Willian - free

Pedro - free

Pasalic - £13.5m

There are a LOT of the outgoings being padded by youth players being let go, where the needle isn't really altered in terms of wages, probably.  Lots of small fees, sometimes free, but here are the ones over the past 5 years that have crept out for a fee.    

Nathan - £2.7m - Atletico Mineiro

Aina - £8.8m - Torino

Dasilva - £2.1m - Bristol City

Angban - £5.4m - Metz

Kalas - £8.1m - Bristol City

Redan - £2.4m - Hertha Berlin

Palmer - £3.4m - Bristol City

Omeruo - £4.5m - Leganes

Hector - £5.3m - Fulham

Lamptey - £2.9m - Brighton

Panzo - £2.7m - Monaco

Boga - £2.7m - Sassuolo

Solanke - tribunal - LFC

Atsu - £6.2m - Newcastle

Traore - £8.8m - Lyon

Ali - £500k - Vitesse

Perica - £3.4m - Udinese

Djilobodji - £8m - Sunderland

Marin - £3m - Olympiakos 

Bamford - £6m - Middlesborough

My suspicion in some cases is sponsorship income in return for transfer fees.

Obviously some dodgy sponsorship issues with both Chelsea and City.  

Anyway, this is potentially their matchday squad this season:

-------------------------------Kepa-----------------------------------

James----------T Silva-------------Azpilicueta----------Chilwell

------------Havertz--------Jorginho-------Kante------------------

-----Pulisic-----------------Werner-------------------Ziyech

Subs:
Sarr

Alonso

Giroud

Kovacic

Mount

Gilmour

Abraham

Nah....

That first XI looks handy on the break, with 3 players in the middle capable of threading balls, and two full-backs with lots of stamina and speed and good delivery...but the central defence and keeper still looks a problem, especially if they get countered-on with everyone else going forward.

Also the subs bench is weak.  Could make a case for Husdon-Odoi, I would, otherwise not much in the way of a game-changer.  Also, injuries. Pulisic seems like he might have a few in him, and he is key to this team. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I saw a swiss ramble thing on Chelsea where the case was made that all this expenditure was legit.

It's bullshit, obvs.  Yes they moved Pedro and Willian on, but you can't tell me Silva/Havertz/Werner don't want the same as them. 

Let's look back over the last 5 seasons and see where the money has been flowing on the big signings, and big wages, and bear in mind that in each season they have around 20-30 players out on loan, details of who pays their wages is not clear.  I'm not going to bother doing youth players either, many are on smaller wages, and there are too many buys and sells, but it doesn't help their argument, put it that way. 

16/17 in (9) includes:

Batshuayi - £33m

Kante - £32m

Alonso - £23m

Luiz - £30m

16/17 out (11) includes:

Falcao/Pato (end of loan)

Salah - £14.5m

Oscar - £60m

Obi Mikel - undisclosed

Ivanovic - free

17/18 in (9) includes:

Barkley - £15m

Emerson - £17.5m

Giroud - £18m

Caballero - free

Rudiger - £29m

Bakayoko - £40m

Morata - £58m

Zappacosta - £23m

Drinkwater - £35m

17/18 out (21) includes:

Costa - £50m

Remy - free

Matic - £40m

Terry - free

Ake - £20m

Cuadrado - £17.3m

Begovic - £10m

18/19 - in (10) includes

Jorginho - £51m

Kepa - £72m

Pulisic - £57m

Higuain - £7m loan

Kovacic - loan free

18/19 - out (16) includes

Fabregas - £8m

Courtois - £31m

19/20 - in (2)

Kovacic - £40m

Fiabema - £540,000

19/20 - out (27) includes:

Robert Green - free

Eden Hazard - £103m

Ola Aina - £8.8m

Tomas Kalas - £8.1m

Gary Cahill - free

David Luiz - £7.8m

20/21 - in (10) includes:

Ziyech - £36m

Werner - £50m

Chilwell - £45m

Sarr - free

Silva - free

20/21 - out (13) includes:

Morata - £50m

Willian - free

Pedro - free

Pasalic - £13.5m

There are a LOT of the outgoings being padded by youth players being let go, where the needle isn't really altered in terms of wages, probably.  Lots of small fees, sometimes free, but here are the ones over the past 5 years that have crept out for a fee.    

Nathan - £2.7m - Atletico Mineiro

Aina - £8.8m - Torino

Dasilva - £2.1m - Bristol City

Angban - £5.4m - Metz

Kalas - £8.1m - Bristol City

Redan - £2.4m - Hertha Berlin

Palmer - £3.4m - Bristol City

Omeruo - £4.5m - Leganes

Hector - £5.3m - Fulham

Lamptey - £2.9m - Brighton

Panzo - £2.7m - Monaco

Boga - £2.7m - Sassuolo

Solanke - tribunal - LFC

Atsu - £6.2m - Newcastle

Traore - £8.8m - Lyon

Ali - £500k - Vitesse

Perica - £3.4m - Udinese

Djilobodji - £8m - Sunderland

Marin - £3m - Olympiakos 

Bamford - £6m - Middlesborough

My suspicion in some cases is sponsorship income in return for transfer fees.

Obviously some dodgy sponsorship issues with both Chelsea and City.  

Anyway, this is potentially their matchday squad this season:

-------------------------------Kepa-----------------------------------

James----------T Silva-------------Azpilicueta----------Chilwell

------------Havertz--------Jorginho-------Kante------------------

-----Pulisic-----------------Werner-------------------Ziyech

Subs:
Sarr

Alonso

Giroud

Kovacic

Mount

Gilmour

Abraham

Nah....

That first XI looks handy on the break, with 3 players in the middle capable of threading balls, and two full-backs with lots of stamina and speed and good delivery...but the central defence and keeper still looks a problem, especially if they get countered-on with everyone else going forward.

Also the subs bench is weak.  Could make a case for Husdon-Odoi, I would, otherwise not much in the way of a game-changer.  Also, injuries. Pulisic seems like he might have a few in him, and he is key to this team. 

That’s a real good squad. Chelsea will challenge. I rate CHO, but they could quite easily play Havertz up front, bringing Kovacic in and push Werner to the left too if Pulisic is out.

6 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Leeds allegedly after Luis Alberto of Lazio. At least if they buy him and someone buys Ryan Kent we get 30 and 20% of the respective transfer fees.  

Honestly though, what the fuck is wrong with football of the lad gives up champions League football for a newly promoted Leeds? The lad was 9 last time Leeds played in the premier league. Fair play to Leeds if they can pull it off, but wtf. 

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

I think sometimes we can think all me, me, me. The thiago man united link came from someone who tweets about the mancs. It seems.most logical to me the link of Thiago to Salford was to put pressure on Ajax to get the vdb deal over the line. 

12 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Three of that front 5 have never kicked a ball in this league. Another is American FFS.

Pretty happy to be getting them away early tbh.

To be fair and being completely selfish. That American would appear to carry some type of kryptonite with us. He ripped is to bits in a friendly a couple of years ago for Dortmund and then looked like an absolute superstar against us this season too playing for Chelsea. I starting to hate him like hazard already. 

18 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Leicester are in advanced talks with Atalanta to sign Timothy Castagne. Price tag around €25m. The Belgian right back is ready to join Premier League. @SkySport #LCFC #Castagne #transfers

Leicester probably just need to sell some right backs before completing the deal. 

4 minutes ago, Horus said:

In that case they've only sold one left back, so they probably need to get 3 more off the wage bill before being in position to possibly or possibly not bid for one.

No, they’ve bid for Jamal Lewis got rejected and now in talks with Ajax over Tagliafico apparently.