Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 940 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

1 hour ago, Duff Man said:

Uni halls seem like a pretty grim place to be atm. Again, given that it was entirely predictable, you have to wonder what the thinking was. I'm going with student accommodation is highly profitable.

Just had this from my friend whose son went off to Glasgow last week

‘Four kids we know have it. And 9 of one of their flat mates. For the first few days A’s flat was the only one that didn’t have it, but yesterday 2 tested positive! So he says it’s inevitable he will get it if he hasn’t already. He hasn’t gone for test yet, cos he has no symptoms. At mo he seems ok within himself, but apparently told my sister he is going to come home as soon as allowed.‘

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Champ said:

Just had this from my friend whose son went off to Glasgow last week

‘Four kids we know have it. And 9 of one of their flat mates. For the first few days A’s flat was the only one that didn’t have it, but yesterday 2 tested positive! So he says it’s inevitable he will get it if he hasn’t already. He hasn’t gone for test yet, cos he has no symptoms. At mo he seems ok within himself, but apparently told my sister he is going to come home as soon as allowed.‘

I think drop out rates will be insanely high. Difficult to imagine a better set of conditions for absolutely ruining a young person's mental health.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Fighting for our children, apparently.

Sterilise them, build them their own city, build an enormous wall around it.

• Upvote 1

Students, the only demographic it's acceptable to keep confined in quarters because of covid.

I feel so sorry for them, university is supposed to be the time of their lives, instead they're having to suffer through some hapless pastiche of East Germany. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

Students, the only demographic it's acceptable to keep confined in quarters because of covid.

I feel so sorry for them, university is supposed to be the time of their lives, instead they're having to suffer through some hapless pastiche of East Germany. 

Well if dickheads didn't keep breaking the rules...... 

They shouldn't be allowed to keep the students locked in their digs. Thats an over reach. People are allowed to come and go as they please. Wear masks be socially responsible but fuck off with confinement if that really is the case.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

They shouldn't be allowed to keep the students locked in their digs. Thats an over reach. People are allowed to come and go as they please. Wear masks be socially responsible but fuck off with confinement if that really is the case.

Absolutely. Unfortunately this bit in bold people seem to really struggle with. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It's scandalous. Imagine if it was your kid and they phoned you in tears and plod told you you couldn't take them home?

It's like some kind of mania, was talking to the Mrs before about it actually, thinking back to when it was full lockdown and if your head was wrecked you couldn't even sit down on a park bench, and people sailing their own boats were being confronted by fucking patrol boats, people just trying to escape and catch their breath. 

Someone round warrington got into trouble because coppers went through their shopping bags and spotted that they'd bought an Easter egg which said patrol considered to be a non essential item.

None of us I think realised what we were going through at the time, it was like a Bishop Brennan moment, but people were being harassed by drones for walking in the countryside. Amazing stuff.

43 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

"They can't stay in the pub after 10 PM" was one of the sarcastic responses to a post I made regarding student liberty. There is a broad set of people for whom it still does not seem to have dawned just how deeply civil liberties are being trespassed against. These are unimaginable, and unforgivable, times. An entire subset of society, for whom covid plays an absolutely infinitesimal risk less than that of a road traffic accident, being placed under effective house arrest. It is going to take an unemployment line of 3 or 4 million for the worm to truly turn I fear.

Alex briefing against his own chancellor now, the chancellor whose office was wholly absorbed by number 10 months ago resulting in Javed quitting, however, if shit goes tits up it will be his fault of course. 

Daily Mail.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson abandoned his plans for a second national lockdown over fears Rishi Sunak could quit, a senior MP said as rift claims deepen. 

Mr Sunak warned the economic impact caused by a second national lockdown would make his job near impossible.