You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Modern day phrases and general shit you hate

Lee909

I know it's ubiquitous now, but "can I get ...?" fucking raises my hackles. No, you cannot simple 'get' the chattel you have requested. You may have it once I bring it to you upon your request. But if you 'get' it, I'll call the manager and have you in chokey for pilfering. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

Cheat day.

Hump day 

cunts who say “see you on the other side” or even worse (and I’ve been a victim of this being said directly too me) “see you on the flip-side” when some cunt left the office on a Friday afternoon. Ruined my weekend , my exes weekend and the dogs weekend that did. Fucking inhumane prick. 

Ive also heard someone refer to ‘pre-drinks’ as “prinks”. If that doesn’t summon up murderous thoughts then I don’t know what else to do 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SasaS said:

Do you go there to play with your moobs?

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Or get a suck treat?

2 hours ago, Anny Road said:

Can I have no beans but an extra vege sausage please?

Triple affirmative.  Prinks are being served, see you on the flippity-flop side. 

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Hump day 

cunts who say “see you on the other side” or even worse (and I’ve been a victim of this being said directly too me) “see you on the flip-side” when some cunt left the office on a Friday afternoon. Ruined my weekend , my exes weekend and the dogs weekend that did. Fucking inhumane prick. 

Ive also heard someone refer to ‘pre-drinks’ as “prinks”. If that doesn’t summon up murderous thoughts then I don’t know what else to do 

I’ll catch you on the flip side was my normal statement after dropping eccy’s, which to be fair would be reasonable behaviour. As is the use of the verb dropping when referring to illicit drugs rather than overpriced slippers.

plus boondock saints was a boss film and it’s a good reference.

Most of this egregious stuff comes from women having too much power in society and boys being raised poorly by single mothers or busy/deadbeat fathers. The education and psychological system treating boys as defective women doesn't help much either.

1 minute ago, Hades said:

Most of this egregious stuff comes from women having too much power in society and boys being raised poorly by single mothers or busy/deadbeat Dads. The education and psychological system treating boys as defective women doesn't help much either.

Just pay someone to stand on your balls. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, arthur friedenreich said:

I’ll catch you on the flip side was my normal statement after dropping eccy’s, which to be fair would be reasonable behaviour. As is the use of the verb dropping when referring to illicit drugs rather than overpriced slippers.

I am known to say "Catch you on the flip side, dudemeister" purely because of Poochie and his radical, in your face ways.

11 hours ago, arthur friedenreich said:

I used to say, Ding Dong, Next level for such things back in the day

Doesn't sound too good now... think you had to be there

5 hours ago, Hades said:

Most of this egregious stuff comes from women having too much power in society and boys being raised poorly by single mothers or busy/deadbeat fathers. The education and psychological system treating boys as defective women doesn't help much either.

Oh, Hades.

I find the overuse of 'Empower' irritating, a lot if the time it feels like it is directed towards the notion of individuals having to make more choices do the running  rather than things just being sorted for them I.e. the onus is on you instead of the rest of the company/ society to be there to help out.

I would have a moratorium on it's use unless directed at allowing underrepresented groups* a chance to be heard.

*within reason no fascist/rascist bawbags