You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

What would be the point of changing them? Sky isn't going to change how they view/cover football. It'll always be hype and "banter". Wall to wall fucking cuntery. They aren't about to hire someone like James Richardson with a bit of charm and humour, nor someone like Jonathan Wilson to analyse the game, or any ex-footballers who say anything remotely critical about the "product".

Pretty much this. We live in a talkshite twatterville world. Everything is designed to piss you off. Why the fuck else do you employ Micah Richards or Robbie Savage?

15 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

Sorry I think we've got wires crossed. I meant he is not there  for any insight. Same as Robbie Savage. Broadcasters want them there to piss people off. My point was Jesse Marsch gave a brilliant insight into pressing football. How US and German football are similar in their approaches. Imagine that from a vacuous cunt like Micah Ricards or Robbie Savage.

Fair enough.

And you're right, he probably can't do that. But that's not his job and I think it's fine for there to be different people. It's entertainment and people want different things. Not everyone wants to hear Jesse marsch and his spiderwebs too. There's room for it all.

But for me they don't keep it fresh. I don't need the same clown every week, you can give me new ones. Just as I wouldn't want the same out of work, over hyped coach, who's trying his best to promote himself for a new job. 

18 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

What would be the point of changing them? Sky isn't going to change how they view/cover football. It'll always be hype and "banter". Wall to wall fucking cuntery. They aren't about to hire someone like James Richardson with a bit of charm and humour, nor someone like Jonathan Wilson to analyse the game, or any ex-footballers who say anything remotely critical about the "product".

They should change it up for the same reason everything gets change. BBC news changes who presents the 6pm news from time to time. Radio 4s Friday night comedy rotates different shows through the year. One of the longest running shows on TV, have I got news for you rotates the host every week. It keeps things fresh. People hate on Richards, because they see him on sky once per week and he'll do half a dozen other shows in-between. Familiarity breeds contempt as they say. All of those key sky people believe they're playing a role. And it's just fucking tired. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

They should change it up for the same reason everything gets change. BBC news changes who presents the 6pm news from time to time. Radio 4s Friday night comedy rotates different shows through the year. One of the longest running shows on TV, have I got news for you rotates the host every week. It keeps things fresh. People hate on Richards, because they see him on sky once per week and he'll do half a dozen other shows in-between. Familiarity breeds contempt as they say. All of those key sky people believe they're playing a role. And it's just fucking tired. 

Fair enough, not for me.

I just think they're fucking shit. Not arsed who presents the news, most of the "comedy" on telly is shite, most of the HIGNFY hosts are rubbish and I'd much prefer they found a decent one. "keeping things fresh" isn't the issue, "keeping things shit" is.

Richards is, rather humilitatingly, playing the role of a clown. There is something deeply distasteful about it, to be honest. Replacing him someone else playing the same role isn't going to improve anything.

Sky has helped to make football shitter basically. Rubbish, biased, xenophobic, lowest common denominator, shit-stirring, snidey, paddypower-esque bants masquerading as sports analysis. As with our wider media, we have comfortably the worst in Western Europe. Football coverage in Italy, Spain and Germany is simply unrecognisable compared to ours.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Fair enough.

And you're right, he probably can't do that. But that's not his job and I think it's fine for there to be different people. It's entertainment and people want different things. Not everyone wants to hear Jesse marsch and his spiderwebs too. There's room for it all.

But for me they don't keep it fresh. I don't need the same clown every week, you can give me new ones. Just as I wouldn't want the same out of work, over hyped coach, who's trying his best to promote himself for a new job. 

Haha love your way of putting things. Bang to rights on the over hyped coach thing but it was interesting.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Fair enough, not for me.

I just think they're fucking shit. Not arsed who presents the news, most of the "comedy" on telly is shite, most of the HIGNFY hosts are rubbish and I'd much prefer they found a decent one. "keeping things fresh" isn't the issue, "keeping things shit" is.

Richards is, rather humilitatingly, playing the role of a clown. There is something deeply distasteful about it, to be honest. Replacing him someone else playing the same role isn't going to improve anything.

Sky has helped to make football shitter basically. Rubbish, biased, xenophobic, lowest common denominator, shit-stirring, snidey, paddypower-esque bants masquerading as sports analysis. As with our wider media, we have comfortably the worst in Western Europe. Football coverage in Italy, Spain and Germany is simply unrecognisable compared to ours.

This. Saved me writing it..

43 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Fair enough, not for me.

We're in danger of making this thread as bad as sky TV (I think we can both agree the punditry is poor, even if we disagree why). So maybe we should just go back to calling out these fucking cheats, which is what this thread is for. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Fair enough, not for me.

Repped for calling out paddy power bants

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

James Richardson with a bit of charm and humour, 

Came out with a cracker tonight

Mentioned Molde game and it was something along the lines of "the greatest collection of Molde since Alexander Fleming" 

Not sure that would go down well with Sky watchers are what theyve been used to for decades

• Upvote 1

They thrashed United 3-0 and Bournemouth 6-1 in late October, early November. 

Since then, their league results are:

Chelsea draw

Liverpool draw

Spurs draw

Villa loss

Luton win (2-1)

Palace draw

Everton win (3-1)

Sheff Utd win (2-0)

Newcastle win (3-2)

Burnley win (3-1)

Brentford win (3-1)

Everton win (2-0)

Chelsea draw 

Brentford win (1-0)

Played 14, won 8, drew 5, lost 1 (averages at a 79 point season) with a goal difference of +12. 

Since 4th November, they've beaten one team above 14th in the table, and that was in the last minute against a Newcastle side that had lost their previous four games. City haven't been convincing in any league game in their last 14. Maybe they will go on a multiple game winning run, but I just don't see it. They are getting by at the moment and in their next 6 games have:

Bournemouth away, United home, Liverpool away, Brighton away, Arsenal home, and Villa home. If they get 15+ points from that, then they have a great chance, but they would need a massive upgrade in form to achieve it. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Razoray said:

They thrashed United 3-0 and Bournemouth 6-1 in late October, early November. 

Since then, their league results are:

Chelsea draw

Liverpool draw

Spurs draw

Villa loss

Luton win (2-1)

Palace draw

Everton win (3-1)

Sheff Utd win (2-0)

Newcastle win (3-2)

Burnley win (3-1)

Brentford win (3-1)

Everton win (2-0)

Chelsea draw 

Brentford win (1-0)

Played 14, won 8, drew 5, lost 1 (averages at a 79 point season) with a goal difference of +12. 

Since 4th November, they've beaten one team above 14th in the table, and that was in the last minute against a Newcastle side that had lost their previous four games. City haven't been convincing in any league game in their last 14. Maybe they will go on a multiple game winning run, but I just don't see it. They are getting by at the moment and in their next 6 games have:

Bournemouth away, United home, Liverpool away, Brighton away, Arsenal home, and Villa home. If they get 15+ points from that, then they have a great chance, but they would need a massive upgrade in form to achieve it. 

Interesting figures. The indication would be that, yes, they aren’t the “behemoth” they have been in previous seasons and we shouldn’t be expecting a fifteen game winning run anytime soon.

Much as I’d love that to happen, there is the caveat that they now have, arguably, their two most talented players available to them again in de Bruyne and Haaland and they have started to show in recent weeks what influence they have in games.

I just hope other teams start to believe that they should have a go against them, rather than pull down their kecks and bend over. Might make things more interesting.

11 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Sky sports coverage of footy is for people who don't really like footy, it's aimed more at people who view it as entertainment, like ant and Dec shows, or are into gambling.

That's why they're obsessed with "high scoring end to end games", "and we're live", survival Tuesday, top four Wednesday, Midlands grand slam Sunday. 

Red vs blue, scouse vs manc, jumpers for goalposts. And ads and ads and ads for gambling.

6 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Would like to see the wider context of this qoute.

IMG_3021.jpeg

I think the general context is that he's a weird, thin skinned, passive aggressive cunt, and it's eating him up inside that he's managing on cheat mode and not getting a tenth of the coverage we get.

• Upvote 2

He's a weird, bald, cheating fucker who can't stand the fact that virtually no on outside of Manchester gives a fuck about what he & his team "win".