You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

On 11/01/2024 at 08:08, Barrington Womble said:

And it doesn't matter if they're full, because they give them away. And even then they struggle to fill it. Yet still have the world's biggest commercial income. Those sponsors must really get their money's worth. 

How does the sponsorship deal loophole even fucking exist? From shit rule changes and VAR to non-enforcement of FFP clubs should tell the incompetent cunts to fuck off and form their own league/leagues.

3 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Still no movement on the 115 charges. Amazing. 

The rest of the league have had to play by the rules Ev & Chavs not included but these cunts are left to continue as per hovering up titles and trophies and you can guarantee they'll get off those 115 charges with a slap on the wrist. 

Everything they have won should be stripped and they should be relegated and banned from promotion for 3 seasons. 

6 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Imagine how Klopps time would look here if Abu Dhabi hadn't decided to buy in and cheat the sport. You wouldn't have pricks like Roy Keane going on about only 1 title. A prick like Keane would have fuck all to show for his career if a country  bought a club during his playing days and subverted all the rules to gain an unfair advantage. I feel pissed off every time city win because they have stolen other clubs success and a lot of it was ours. I have zero respect for them, in my opinion they have won nothing, their players have won nothing and have just wasted their careers with hollow success born of cheating. They can't fill their ground because anybody with integrity can see its shit, like putting cheat codes at the start of a game you get bored far quicker and abandon it sooner.

Yep. The Mancs were so lucky that they were able to outmuscle everyone financially. Yes they had a great manager but whenever he wanted a player there was no one else that could outbid them or compete with their wages. Very rarely did anyone turn them down. Their fans don't like it that they aren't top dogs anymore and just bleat on about the 90s and 2000's

4 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Still no movement on the 115 charges. Amazing. 

Look how long it took them to charge Everton for 1 charge that Everton had admitted. This is 115 charges against an entity that has put every barrier imaginable in its way. It’s going to take years for this to come to the punishment stage. 

4 hours ago, kemskem said:

How does the sponsorship deal loophole even fucking exist? From shit rule changes and VAR to non-enforcement of FFP clubs should tell the incompetent cunts to fuck off and form their own league/leagues.

Yeah, they're supposed to show value in the market and have deals that make sense commercially if they're with businesses they own. But it seems that's pretty impossible to measure, so they mostly don't. It's like the Geordies this summer. Made a pretence of doing a tender for their main sponsor. Didn't much like the outcome, so awarded it to Sela who were not part of the original bidding process. It's a fucking joke the whole thing. 

• Upvote 1

I noticed the latest superfan behaviour from our lot on Twitter after the City game yesterday.

People, rightly so, were a bit resigned to the probability that De Bruyne coming back changes everything in terms of where everything truly stands after City's first half of the season. 

Loads of biffs, like this particular fucker who's always popping up on my timeline, seem to think it's being a shit fan to be forlorn about this. That believing and getting behind our team somehow makes a difference to the winning run City are probably about to go on, and how it's going to probably take 15 wins for us to match them.

Get fucked, man. We've got the fucking scars. We're entitled to feel a bit bereft when the thing that has happened in three of the last few seasons, could happen again at the hands of those cheating fucking bastards. We've been in the ground on the last day of the fucking season TWICE and been top for periods of those games before those fuckers do what they do. 

It's not being a fanny. It's not being any less of a fucking fan to feel really fucking shitty about the prospect of history repeating itself and there not being a whole lot you can do about it, other than matching the perfection they achieve through illegal means, while we play by the fucking rules.

"What type of support is that?" Fuck off, mate. 

• Upvote 6

15 minutes ago, Chris said:

I noticed the latest superfan behaviour from our lot on Twitter after the City game yesterday.

People, rightly so, were a bit resigned to the probability that De Bruyne coming back changes everything in terms of where everything truly stands after City's first half of the season. 

Loads of biffs, like this particular fucker who's always popping up on my timeline, seem to think it's being a shit fan to be forlorn about this. That believing and getting behind our team somehow makes a difference to the winning run City are probably about to go on, and how it's going to probably take 15 wins for us to match them.

Get fucked, man. We've got the fucking scars. We're entitled to feel a bit bereft when the thing that has happened in three of the last few seasons, could happen again at the hands of those cheating fucking bastards. We've been in the ground on the last day of the fucking season TWICE and been top for periods of those games before those fuckers do what they do. 

It's not being a fanny. It's not being any less of a fucking fan to feel really fucking shitty about the prospect of history repeating itself and there not being a whole lot you can do about it, other than matching the perfection they achieve through illegal means, while we play by the fucking rules.

"What type of support is that?" Fuck off, mate. 

It’s just a different point of view.

Not the same thing, but the negative hysteria on match threads here when we concede a goal (‘gOmeZ dInished aT this lEvel) has long been par for the course.

I’m sure he feels pretty similar to yourself about Manchester City and their influence on the game. 

I’m not too strident about it either way, but I’m happy to tell myself that there’s a decent chance City won’t go on quite as good a run as they’ve done on in other years from this point. 

Next few weeks are crucial for us and our 13 man squad, though.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

It’s just a different point of view.

Not the same thing, but the negative hysteria on match threads here when we concede a goal (‘gOmeZ dInished aT this lEvel) has long been par for the course.

I’m sure he feels pretty similar to yourself about Manchester City and their influence on the game. 

I’m not too strident about it either way, but I’m happy to tell myself that there’s a decent chance City won’t go on quite as good a run as they’ve done on in other years from this point. 

Next few weeks are crucial for us and our 13 man squad, though.

I'm all for the different perspective. It's just the "I am superior because I don't feel this way" attitude by cunts like that.

Just now, Chris said:

I'm all for the different perspective. It's just the "I am superior because I don't feel this way" attitude by cunts like that.

Fair enough, we all have stuff that sets us off. That tweet looks more like fingers in the ears delusion/positivity than a cut at others to me. Don’t know him from Adam though so maybe I’m wrong.

38 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

A narrow 3-2 win away at geordie arabia and all the journo's are jisming like the custard pie fight in bugsy malone.

Yep. A last minute win against a team that lost five of their previous six league games, and now the league has been wrapped up already. 

When the owners get bored and want a new challenge. When the tainted glory years are a memory and the cobwebs grow on their stadium. The extent of their improbity will come out.  

...but not now. Not just yet. Not while lots of people are making lots of money on the back of it.

The last thing we need is the Premier League starting to rush this thing to a conclusion due to pressure from clubs that, lets face, it, broke rules and are rightly getting punished.  What an City have done has no bearing on the actions of Everton or Forest.

Man City WILL be punished.  Despite all the bleating from understandably pissed off fans, this process was always going to take years due to the volume of findings, the nature of them (actual fraud and cheating) and the actions of the people they are investigating.  When it's watertight, they will issue their punishment, and it'll be extreme.  

Everton and Forests findings are basic accounting issues and very simple to conclude.  Man City's were always going to take years.

6 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

The last thing we need is the Premier League starting to rush this thing to a conclusion due to pressure from clubs that, lets face, it, broke rules and are rightly getting punished.  What an City have done has no bearing on the actions of Everton or Forest.

Man City WILL be punished.  Despite all the bleating from understandably pissed off fans, this process was always going to take years due to the volume of findings, the nature of them (actual fraud and cheating) and the actions of the people they are investigating.  When it's watertight, they will issue their punishment, and it'll be extreme.  

Everton and Forests findings are basic accounting issues and very simple to conclude.  Man City's were always going to take years.

What makes you so sure that they will be punished and what sort of punishment do you expect them to get? 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

What makes you so sure that they will be punished and what sort of punishment do you expect them to get? 

The reason I think they'll be punished is there is no way the Premier League would go so far as to have 115 findings against their own competition without full knowledge in what they were finding against.  This wasn't an external group making findings that the PL would want to go away.  This was the PL openly embarrassing themselves saying their own competition has been corrupted for years and listing their findings.  Also, the time it is taking, while pissing off others, is giving me confidence that they are doing this properly.

As for the punishment?  I don't think we'll see titles stripped or anything like that.  I don't want Liverpool getting back dated titles so I'm not arsed about that anyway.  I think they'll get huge fines and I think there's a very real chance they'll be demoted out of the PL.  But, for me, most importantly, it'll be confirmed that they're cheats.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

The reason I think they'll be punished is there is no way the Premier League would go so far as to have 115 findings against their own competition without full knowledge in what they were finding against.  This wasn't an external group making findings that the PL would want to go away.  This was the PL openly embarrassing themselves saying their own competition has been corrupted for years and listing their findings.  Also, the time it is taking, while pissing off others, is giving me confidence that they are doing this properly.

As for the punishment?  I don't think we'll see titles stripped or anything like that.  I don't want Liverpool getting back dated titles so I'm not arsed about that anyway.  I think they'll get huge fines and I think there's a very real chance they'll be demoted out of the PL.  But, for me, most importantly, it'll be confirmed that they're cheats.

I hope you're right.

Personally I would like to see them getting stripped of all titles and kicked out of English football completely. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Megadrive Man said:

I hope you're right.

Personally I would like to see them getting stripped of all titles and kicked out of English football completely. 

I completely get that.  I'd be very happy to see them stripped of titles too. I just wouldn't be arsed with them being handed out to the ones in 2nd place.  But I do think they could end up getting something severe like demoted out of the 4 divisions.  Man City are simply not a big name and if they ceased to exist tomorrow it really wouldn't make a difference to the rest of football like us or Man Utd no longer existing would.

The list of findings is in the extreme and I think the punishment Everton received for 1 finding that they admitted has set a bar that could see City receive the most severe of punishments.