You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid - The European Cup final

Zidane, arguably the greatest manager in the history of European competition now despite seeming to do very little. That’s the luxury afforded to certain teams.

If I’m forcing myself to be positive, maybe this will be a reverse of 2005-7. Maybe we’ll reverse it and win the thing with a dour display a couple of years down the line.

Yeah I'm much less arsed about this than I expected. Feels like it was a bit of a shot to nothing, we did amazingly to even get here and we'll be stronger next season for sure.

Once Mo went off it had an air of inevitability about it.

Game over once Mo went off unfortunately, up until that point we looked well on top. Just didn't expect Karius to win it for them, obviously I should have done.

Biggest take for me is yet again how little depth we have. In many ways it's amazing we've got this far.

Big summer for FSG.

Zidane, arguably the greatest manager in the history of European competition now despite seeming to do very little. That’s the luxury afforded to certain teams.

If I’m forcing myself to be positive, maybe this will be a reverse of 2005-7. Maybe we’ll reverse it and win the thing with a dour display a couple of years down the line.

VERY fucking arguably

Guarantee Klopp won't replace him.

I`m inclined to agree with you here. It will a nightmare of epic proportions though. Imagine him getting hounded by opposition players and especially supporters. He`ll be a wreck before each and during every game.

Yeah I'm much less arsed about this than I expected. Feels like it was a bit of a shot to nothing, we did amazingly to even get here and we'll be stronger next season for sure.

Indeed. Well over achieved making the final. Shame the squad was too thin to compete at an even level. Onwards and upwards.

VERY fucking arguably

I mean, three in a row in an era where no-one has retained the trophy for decades is an astonishing statistic on the surface of it. Yet he barely seems to do anything. I’m not even sure he exists in the typical sense of the word and I wouldn’t be surprised if the real Zidane is in the black lodge and this is a doppelgänger.

Game over once Mo went off unfortunately, up until that point we looked well on top. Just didn't expect Karius to win it for them, obviously I should have done.

Biggest take for me is yet again how little depth we have. In many ways it's amazing we've got this far.

Big yacht for FSG.

Fixed.

I`m inclined to agree with you here. It will a nightmare of epic proportions though. Imagine him getting hounded by opposition players and especially supporters. He`ll be a wreck before each and during every game.

Opposition supporters? Our fans will be lining up to twat him

It's still an exceptional achievement to reach the final. No reason if we build on this and don't short change the manager this summer then this is the beginning rather than the end.

Still proud of the team to get this far. We're ahead of schedule.