You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp's Methods Getting Stick Again...

an tha

I don't believe for one second that Klopp has got himself into this without knowing exactly what the situation was. If he's saying the squads his now but he doesn't really believe it is his then he's lying to us. If he says it's his decision not to buy players in January but the money is there if he wanted to but actually he has no control over any of that then again he's lying to us.

I don't believe he's lying to us at all.

Nor do I but he has over-estimated the potential of this group of players and shown a stubborn  attitude to changing his strategy to reflect the limitations of the squad, 

• Upvote 2

I don't want Klopp sacked, I just want him to know how serious we take the matter of not winning the title for decades. He seems happy to laugh off these defeats, and I know he's not REALLY happy, but....

I don't think anyone is suggesting he should be sacked. Just people losing faith.

He just needs to be a cunt in getting rid of the gutless fucks who never turn up against the smaller clubs and getting some hard bastards in.

Spineless and lacking a spine all the way from keeper to striker.

People losing faith in another manager 15 months or even discussing the possibility of him going is another reason why we don't deserve nice things. 

Spot on Robbie. All this bullshit about 3 transfer windows and he hasnt been here one full season (Aug to May) yet. Up until the new year, many people wouldnt accept we were in a title challenge depite being wel placed and now 4 or 5 league fixtures later, Im seeing posts from people about losing faith in him! FFS, its incredible and a lot downheartening.

So 15 months in 2 finals. Still in with a more than reasonable shout of top 4. Seems to be working on a sell to buy policy.

Loosing faith in him seems ridiculous to me.

For years people moaned we pissed away 8-10ml on 3 signing rather thsn buy one good player now Klopps doing it people moan that he hasn't blitzed out the deadwood.

He needs a good bloody window or two spending 50-60ml before sales to get a decent squad together

• Upvote 3

So 15 months in 2 finals. Still in with a more than reasonable shout of top 4. Seems to be working on a sell to buy policy.

Loosing faith in him seems ridiculous to me.

For years people moaned we pissed away 8-10ml on 3 signing rather thsn buy one good player now Klopps doing it people moan that he hasn't blitzed out the deadwood.

He needs a good bloody window or two spending 50-60ml before sales to get a decent squad together

This is an overly simplistic way of looking at it. We're almost two years into his reign and we're just as likely to beat someone 3-1 as we are to lose 3-1. We have runs where we look unbeatable and runs where we don't look like buying a win.

Klopp will still be here for a while and his prior achievements grant him time, but he has to find a way to make the performances more consistent because it's unfathomable that we can do so well against the top dogs and then get eaten alive by the puppies of this league. 

He's not been backed at all for two of his three transfer windows at the club. In the one window he was backed we had the 17th highest net spend in the league.

How anyone expects a man to finish top 4 when he gets no backing from the owners every January and has a net spend below Bournemouth is beyond me. Look at our squad for gods sake.

• Upvote 1

I love klopp and stand by him. Think he's a great manager and hope he stays for the duration of his contract. But I don't think he is as good as I thought he was. But I think he's probably the best we're going to get as a tight ass club who expects managers to build a team on a shoestring budget.

People losing faith in another manager 15 months or even discussing the possibility of him going is another reason why we don't deserve nice things.

This.

I will counter it by playing Devil's Advocate and say that supporters pay a hell of a lot of money to watch Liverpool depite living in an economically deprived area and think they deserve better value for money,eg a trophy now and again.

I do agree with your post though.

The jobs a poison chalice. People expect success from a club who spend less than Stoke and Bournemouth. Might get the odd high but it's never going to be sustainable.

The fact the club is completely fucked with no hope at all is probably too much to take so it's easier to blame the manager and players. Most of whom bought from shite teams, who couldn't believe their luck to be handed a 70 grand a week contract at a club.

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

He's not been backed at all for two of his three transfer windows at the club. In the one window he was backed we had the 17th highest net spend in the league.

How anyone expects a man to finish top 4 when he gets no backing from the owners every January and has a net spend below Bournemouth is beyond me. Look at our squad for gods sake.

It's by no means clear that he has had no funds to spend.  He tells us that money was available, but he couldn't get the players he wanted.  Let's see what happens in the summer. 

This.

I will counter it by playing Devil's Advocate and say that supporters pay a hell of a lot of money to watch Liverpool depite living in an economically deprived area and think they deserve better value for money,eg a trophy now and again.

I do agree with your post though.

Whether we were winning the treble year on year fans would not be getting value for money because football is too expensive. 

Some people will always find a way to attribute onto fans all the mismanagement at the club by people who are paid world class sums of money to do a better job.

I don't think there's a harder job in football than being Liverpool manager.

We're in the richest and most competitive league in the world, with an ageing fanbase who grew up expecting to be challenging for domestic and European honours every season, and owners who don't want to spend any money.

You're expected to win every home game in front of that ageing, increasingly silent fanbase, while at least 15 out of 19 visiting teams will raise their game and play out of their skins to get a point.

Meanwhile your rivals can think nothing of dropping massive amounts on players who aren't even expected to be first team players, and can pay enormous wages to attract world class talents even while they're not winning anything.

You basically have to be perfect in the transfer market, identify players who are gonna be great in two years time, have two or three well-drilled game plans, get a bit of luck with the fixture list and hope that you don't get any injuries to key players.

You don't hire Klopp if your primary goal is to win titles.  You hire Mourinho.

You hire Klopp to head up a development project (as he's fond of saying), that as a side-effect, may win a few trophies along the way.  That's his track record, that's his experience.  And it fits in perfectly with the FSG view of the world.  Which after all is trophies as a side-effect of developing a leg of a media conglomerate.

All the key decisions made since he's been here are consistent with that viewpoint.  They'd both rather spend 50m on training facilities than on a viable forward to challenge the front 3 and provide cover for Mane's  absence.

FSG aren't holding him back IMO, they're in bed together.

This is who we are now.  Deal with it.

We're in the richest and most competitive league in the world, with an ageing fanbase who grew up expecting to be challenging for domestic and European honours every season, and owners who don't want to spend any money.

You're expected to win every home game in front of that ageing, increasingly silent fanbase, while at least 15 out of 19 visiting teams will raise their game and play out of their skins to get a point.

Meanwhile your rivals can think nothing of dropping massive amounts on players who aren't even expected to be first team players, and can pay enormous wages to attract world class talents even while they're not winning anything.

You basically have to be perfect in the transfer market, identify players who are gonna be great in two years time, have two or three well-drilled game plans, get a bit of luck with the fixture list and hope that you don't get any injuries to key players.

Outside Liverpool, there isn't much expectation of Liverpool to do anything.  

Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City.  That's where the pressure is these days.  Harder, for lots of reasons, to manage that lot.  Pressure doesn't come from down below.  It comes from up above.  The reality is, Klopp could keep us outside the top 4 for 10 years and not get sacked.  

And you have to hope all the petro-teams drop a bollock at exactly the same time as all that.