You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

His numerous injuries.

It was the same injury that kept him out though wasn't it?

Thought he screwed up his ankle playing for England and when he tried coming back it went again due to a poor surgery. Im saying if he stays fit during the season i'd take a look. Great keeper

Watching Napoli, Diarra defensive midfield is what we need.

Diawara. 

Mentioned it a couple of times already, but if it were up to me, he would be our no 1 midfield target. You would never think the lad is barely 20 given his maturity level. Unfortunately, don't think we will ever get him as long as Edwards is in place. Diawara's talent is not easily quantifiable via any statistical model, and Edward's valuation system will almost certainly fall short of what Napoli would ask.

Diawara. 

Mentioned it a couple of times already, but if it were up to me, he would be our no 1 midfield target. You would never think the lad is barely 20 given his maturity level. Unfortunately, don't think we will ever get him as long as Edwards is in place. Diawara's talent is not easily quantifiable via any statistical model, and Edward's valuation system will almost certainly fall short of what Napoli would ask.

that makes him about the same as every player on the planet. 

That's the least of our worries 9 god. It feels like a strange time to bring it up as well. There aren't DeGeas growing on trees and any keeper we sign always faces the same pressure issues. It's took Mignolet a while but he's a good keeper now and makes solid saves all the time. His kicking is solid and he comes and punches and claims nearly all the time it's required.

That's the least of our worries 9 god. It feels like a strange time to bring it up as well. There aren't DeGeas growing on trees and any keeper we sign always faces the same pressure issues. It's took Mignolet a while but he's a good keeper now and makes solid saves all the time. His kicking is solid and he comes and punches and claims nearly all the time it's required.

I agree that he's a solid shot stopper, but he doesn't come for the ball anywhere near enough. He did it once at the end of the game and I was relived. I want somebody big and commanding in there to take the pressure off. The first two things I'd do to fix the defence wouldn't be to do with the defence. It would be DM and GK.

That's a fair point. Arguably they might not rate Matic all that highly, so they were not too worried about selling him to Man Utd? He's decent and all, but perhaps Chelsea were thinking Man Utd could easily buy a midfielder who was just as good, so they might as well sell them Matic and line their own pockets?

Just speculating.

On the Matic thing, most pundits wanted Fabregas to play ahead of Matic last season at Chelsea. Now this season, since he has joined the Mancs he has become Makelele, Rijkaard and Sounness in one.

• Upvote 1

Kinell, what with all the maguire stuff? He's a fucking yard dog.

He's really not a yard dog. He's a bit more cultured than a Matt Elliott. He's not what we need though. I'd have him as 3rd choice but we need a Sol Campbell who has a head and physical presence to raise our defensive game. It's probably why Klopp is so hung up on Virg.

Maguire a yard dog?

Hahahahahahahaha.

There might still be questions if his defending ability is good enough (I think it is), but a yard dog can't run out with the ball into midfield with such ease, or switch the ball 30 to 40 yards to the flanks, right to feet.

At £15m, he was a no brainer signing for me. Better than Klavan and Gomez and probably better than Lovren. Would've definitely improved the squad and maybe the first XI too.

• Upvote 1