You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

Now we are fucking talking Liverpool could make a shock swoop for Real Madrid midfielder Mateo Kovacic, according to Gazzetta dello Sport. The Croatian midfielder is reportedly unhappy with his lack of playing time at the Bernabeu and would consider a move away. It is thought that Kovacic would be available for around £24million but could also be prized away on a season-long loan deal. Kovacic, 22, has only made eight starts since signing for Real Madrid last summer and Jurgen Klopp is keen to help him play further football next season.

Meh. I'll believe it when I see it.

Sounds like his agent just using our name in order to help get him a move to a club who can offer him more money or CL football. The little slagbag.

Sounds like his agent just using our name in order to help get him a move to a club who can offer him more money or CL football. The little slagbag.

It did work very well for him last summer.

At what point do you reckon agents will stop using our club as the go to for contract / playing time negotiations?

Besiktas have denied reports that they are ready to sign Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli - with the Turkish club’s sporting director saying they would prefer to keep Germany international Mario Gomez.

Balotelli’s agent, Mino Raiola, claimed that the Turkish champions were ready to offer the Italian striker an Anfield escape route, saying he had offered his client to Besiktas and that he was ‘quite sure’ the transfer would happen.

Raiola said: “I offered Mario to Besiktas and I’m waiting for their answer.

“But I’m quite sure the transfer will happen, as the president already assured me in the past that he would do everything he can to sign him.”

Besiktas sporting director Erdal Torunogullari denied Raiola’s claims, saying the club’s priority was to keep Gomez, who hit 26 goals in the Turkish Super Lig last season.

He said: “We know Raiola well.

“He’s even said Balotelli will go to Besiktas, but it’s not like that. We’re not interested, our priority is to hold on to Mario Gomez.

“This month will be decisive, everything depends on him [Gomez]. Only then will we decide what to do.”

Liverpool have been left desperately searching for a buyer for Balotelli after AC Milan decided against making the 25-year-old’s season-long loan a permanent deal.

Balotelli scored just one goal in 20 appearances for the Italian giants. He struggled at Anfield after a £16m move from Milan in 2014, scoring just four goals in all competitions.

There has been interest from Chinese clubs for Balotelli but the striker is keen to stay in Europe.

Was always too good to be true.  We're going to be stuck with this unflushable turd. 

At what point do you reckon agents will stop using our club as the go to for contract / playing time negotiations?

They don't just use us. It's just we don't hear about them using other clubs so much because it doesn't involve us.

Oh and It will never end. Agents have been using this trick every since 'player power' came in. They hold all the cards now.

In other news, Chris Morgan, head physio, is leaving after 10 years of service to the club. From the club website:

Liverpool Football Club today confirmed head physiotherapist Chris Morgan is to leave his role this summer.

Club bosses have thanked Chris for his hard work and dedication during 10 years of service for the Reds, including the important contribution he has made to both the first team and Academy.

Liverpool FC said: "Chris is someone who commands the professional respect and personal warmth of the first-team players and all his colleagues at Melwood.

"The dedication and commitment he has shown to Liverpool, over a long period, has been immense. His expertise and experience has rightly gained him industry-wide recognition.

"We thank Chris for his considerable contribution and everyone at the club wishes him success for the future."

Tottenham have beaten off interest from Leicester and struck a deal to sign Victor Wanyama from Southampton .

A fee, believed to be around £11million, has been agreed between the clubs and the Kenyan midfielder is expected to have a medical in the coming days.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-beat-leicester-transfer-race-8218986

Tottenham have beaten off interest from Leicester and struck a deal to sign Victor Wanyama from Southampton .

A fee, believed to be around £11million, has been agreed between the clubs and the Kenyan midfielder is expected to have a medical in the coming days.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-beat-leicester-transfer-race-8218986

That's a steal for the price.

Southampton cunts. They'd want £20million+ if us or the Mancs were after him regardless of his contract. We payed £11mill or more for Clyne when he had a year left on his contract and he was know where near as influential as Wanyama for them.

#LFC forward Danny Ings had his odds slashed to 4/5 by betting company SkyBet on Friday afternoon to make a sensational move Rangers

Dave O’Connell ‏@DaveOCKOP 34m34 minutes ago

I'm sure you've read it by now but there is lots of speculation that Danny Ings may go to Rangers, loan most likely. Strange.

Wanyama's a shit footballer. Even the Southampton fans dont rate him all that highly.

Agreed. He's a mule. A rich man's John Obi Mikel. It's not a bad signing for the price but he'd only be really useful for them in games where they play big teams. 

#LFC forward Danny Ings had his odds slashed to 4/5 by betting company SkyBet on Friday afternoon to make a sensational move Rangers

Dave O’Connell ‏@DaveOCKOP 34m34 minutes ago

I'm sure you've read it by now but there is lots of speculation that Danny Ings may go to Rangers, loan most likely. Strange.

Why would we loan ings?