You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

Maybe for a 10th of the Sterling fee and you'd have a deal.

Benteke for 15m plus at least one world class forward and we'd have a chance.

Benteke as our main man and were shafted

And he has about 10th of the talent.

If Benteke joins he will be our main striker.

Our scouts have to be able to spot potential, a young player with the potential to be great who, for whatever reason, are not progressing or getting game time - eg Pogba, De Bruyne, Coutinho. Sign them, play them or bang them out on loan.

That is the way to get value and make serious money, not by watching match of the day.

Great stuff from Ibe, sorry if it's been posted elsewhere already:

He said: “Liverpool want me to stay here and my mum and step-dad are sorting that out with the club. So hopefully everything will just get sorted by the end of the season because this is where I want to be.

“I don’t need an agent. I just think my parents can do the job. For me they are the best people to look after me and my future.

“I’ve never seen the need to have an agent. My concern was just playing football and if I needed help deciding contracts off the pitch, then I would always go to my parents.

“My family will always be number one to me because I trust them. It’s not that I’ve had a bad experience with agents. But I don’t see what they can do that my parents can’t do either.”

• Upvote 4

Ibe may change his view at some point in the future but yes, it is refreshing to see a player intent on concentrating on his game and not joining the bandwagon of eternal malcontents that footballers in general have become. It's a contrast from Yaya Toure, who lets his gobshite agent portray an image of him as an entitled and greedy mercenary twat.