You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Leicester, Thursday 1st January

Mook

Gerrard was used similarly when he came through, as was Carra. People used to talk about how he was too versatile for his own good.

The simple fact is we do not have a single midfielder, barring Coutinho (and he would not get into a few of those squads) any of the other top 6 teams would want. period.

Even when he was in form 2nd half of last season Henderson never shined as part of a two deep triangle.

Seemed to be fine against Swansea though.  To be honest mate I've never been one of the ones eviscerating him anyway though, I think he's a good solid player.

The simple fact is we do not have a single midfielder, barring Coutinho (and he would not get into a few of those squads) any of the other top 6 teams would want. period.

Whilst true, it doesn't mean we have to set up the ones we do have to ensure we're as shit as possible. We'd just twatted Swansea with a different set up, why change?

Being honest, if we're saying Gerrard needed to be on in case we got a penalty because he's the only person in our team who could be trusted to score one, we have worse problems that I thought.

Unfortunately for this historic club, that's exactly what a lot of friggin idiots are saying.

Gerrard would t get in the top 200 players list in this division,

Unfortunately for this historic club, that's exactly what a lot of friggin idiots are saying.

Gerrard would t get in the top 200 players list in this division,

Funny that as he made The Guardian's top 100 globally. Gerrard isn't finished. He will be if he continues to play out of position, in confusing systems and under Rodgers. If he moves onto a city, Chelsea or arsenal say, he will be their rolls Royce to bring in when needed and this worries Rodgers too I reckon. Someone else who hasn't worked with him day in day out for a few years will immediately get the best out of him and show him (Rodgers) up as a fraud.

I've got angrier as the day has passed. Why address and fix issues, then repeatedly remake the same mistakes? It's like the alcoholic who drinks himself into a hospital bed, sees the error of his ways, straightens himself out, gets life going well and then gets pissed again. Self destruct button. I wish he'd ram it up his own arse.

• Upvote 2

A real game of two halves, at the start of the second they looked more like we did in the first half. you just felt, dreaded, that they would score so it didn't really come as a surprise when they did, twice.

Bottom of the table fodder, at home and we throw away a 2-0 lead. 

There's not a single positive to take from this, hugely disappointing and not good enough. 

Before kick off I was chatting with a mate about how leaving him in place until the end of the season and if we didn't make top four then sacking him was probably the way it would go.

Now I'm leaning towards just putting us out of our misery and sacking him asap. If you can't take three points at home against the team at the bottom of the league, when you're 2-0 up, well you don't deserve the job.

I think I'm hiding my anger really well. 

I wanted him sacked about a month ago and thought the owners could act after the CL debacle. Since then I have grown a little more sanguine about his position. FSG seem settled on giving him until the end of the season but with no more money, That's what yesterdays interview was all about imo, There is no obvious  immediate replacement so the tactic would seem to be to give yourself some breathing space and have the option of kicking him to the kerb in April, Getting someone in now at great expense , letting them spend in January whilst cleaning up Rodgers mess ,resolving the Gerrard situation and with the clubs support split down the middle is all too much whilst expecting  we would turn a corner in the second half . Clean slate for a new guy in the summer unless Rodgers pulls off a miracle. There just isn't a better scenario out there right now, He is pretty much a lame duck because I don't believe he will pull it back which makes for a fairly dismal few months. All I can say is these boys in Boston better be getting their fucking act together and getting an experienced guy that has actually won a few things line up . Klopp would seem to be a sensible option. There may be others but no more fucking rookies; we are not a kindergarten   

• Upvote 3