You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ched Evans

Bjornebye

The problem with experts reports on alcohol consumption is they are based on formulaic principles and are not an exact science. An expert really can't tell how a level of alcohol consumption will affect one person compared to another as everyone reacts differently.

I agree, but from once an expert is recognised as one, they have a huge advantage that is pretty difficult to pull apart, competence aside.

Yes, when they score on Soccer Saturday or something.

But, if it was a story about their convictions, I don't doubt they'd adopt the same approach.

If you don't want to be called a convicted rapist, the best idea is to lay off the ol' raping for a bit.

As I said, don't have an issue with them referencing the crime, it's the way they are doing it which is different to how they've treated footballers crimes in the past. All very tabloid.

It all seems a bit "eye for an eye" to me.

With this in mind, can't we just have him bummed by Nightcat and have done with it? If he survives, that is.

I've got no intention of negging you. I don't neg people just for disagreeing with me, unlike certain other people. My problem is with cowards who hide behind what they perceive to be anonymity to hurl disgusting abuse at other people.

With that said, I do think you should pay closer attention to what is going on, as nothing I've written is as bad as the stuff that is hurled, unprovoked, at me (of course, I am morally entitled to retaliate to such abuse).

Let's be fair Stronts.  Everybody knows Adam is called Adam and those of us who've been here long enough (including you) know why he chose his current forum name.  He lives in Wrexham, as he's repeatedly said.  He's hardly anonymous; in fact it's a long time since I had to dox anybody but I'm pretty sure I could find him in five minutes if I decided to.

I could probably find you without too much difficulty as well Danny, but I think it's fair to say your real-life identity is somewhat more obscured.

Not getting into the whole bitchfight, just thought it was a point worth making.

Well, love makes you do funny things.

It's the people who are defending Evans despite having no connection to him who are beyond the pale.

Oh the hypocrisy. You defend stuff daily that you have zero connection with. Mong

• Upvote 1

No, you started it when you negged me for stating that I don't understand why anyone gives a fuck if some unrepentant rapist has his career ruined.

Obviously, since you negged me for criticising a rapist, it's completely accurate to call you a defender of a rapist.

This prompted the usual anonymous shithousery about fucking dogs and supporting genocide, or whatever cretinous criminal filth passes for commentary from you.

You are a disgraceful excuse for a human being. So rare to encounter a person with no redeeming features whatsoever.

You are a fucking disgrace and a massive two faced hypocritical shithouse.

And a bit thick.

This is what happens when a few people meet up in a room late at night and people start misinterpreting things.

Come the morning, there's a hell of a mess, nobody really remembers who made the first move, and at least two people are left accusing each other of some terrible acts.

One will end up going into hiding, and the other will struggle to find a forum that'll take him.

It's becoming like 'The Premier Inn Way'.

• Upvote 1

Sorry but I think that he should be allowed to play again.

Regardless of guilt or innocence and I cannot be bothered to look at the facts of the case to see if this conviction is sound or not. I am just assuming that it is.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/ched-evans-has-served-his-time--and-other-misconceptions-about-the-convicted-rapist-footballer-9957849.html

Has  a number of very dubious points including the one below. It lists doctor, teacher and policeman as the type of jobs from which you are excluded if convicted of rape. Sorry but that is nonsense. The restriction is clearly job specific. Nobody would suggest that a convicted rapist should be allowed to be a doctor and hence examine patients. Or  teacher with access to 15 year old girls. Or a policeman. They are jobs with high levels of trust.

This surely does not apply to a footballer.

And  please do not spout the role model nonsense. If as a parent tour childs influences are footballers then you have failed as a parent

Is he never allowed to work again?

Of course he is! But a rape conviction automatically excludes you from a vast number of professions. A convicted rapist couldn’t be a teacher, doctor or police officer, for example. In fact, there can be few companies that would allow you to walk straight back into your job after leaving jail. Should football be so different?

Exactly, this is summed up in the comment below

Web Applications UK said it will continue to sponsor Oldham irrespective of their decision over Evans.

The company’s chief executive, Craig Dean, said: “To deprive a human being of the right to work in their chosen profession should be a decision taken by a judicial system that dispassionately balances the rights of the individual against that of the society as a whole.

“Whether Oldham Athletic choose to employ Ched Evans is a decision for the manager and board of directors of the club; we will not interfere with that decision.”