You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mario Balotelli

WhiskeyJar

I wish someone would love me in work. Maybe I would reach my potential. WHAT THE FUCK IS GOIN ON HERE!? Christ sake

Your right players don't need to feel loved or supported to succeed, just look at Sturridge and torres, a lack of support and belief at Chelsea didn't affect their performances their did it?

Napoli being in for him would not surprise me as the best performance I have seen from mario was against them, pepe saved a penalty from him but mario was running the game.

I feel mario hadn't been getting enough support from Rodgers until after the Madrid game, before it he was critical of mario but now he seems to be getting behind him which is what mario needs.

Aye, between that and the fact that his user name is Lenin's and he has a picture of him for his avatar, you might be onto something.

I liked the Maserati precisely because it's neither big nor particularly flash, in fact it's one of the most understated and quietly classy cars I've seen a PL player driving.

It's OK though, he made up for it with the Bentley...

article-0-15F34081000005DC-179_634x451.j

Sadly no, that isn't photoshopped.

Mario: Dov'è la mia auto?

The back page of the mail the other day had Van Persie sliding after scoring the late equaliser, with the title saying something about a great comeback and extolling the virtues of Van Gaal. Todays back page is "Flick-Flak - Mario in new row after flicking Shelvey's ear" with a photo of Mario with his hand near Shelvey's ear.

The media are fucking scumbags.

• Upvote 5

The back page of the mail the other day had Van Persie sliding after scoring the late equaliser, with the title saying something about a great comeback and extolling the virtues of Van Gaal. Todays back page is "Flick-Flak - Mario in new row after flicking Shelvey's ear" with a photo of Mario with his hand near Shelvey's ear.

They are scumbags but if he hadn't blatantly tried to get Shelvey sent off there wouldn't have been a story. It was funny though seeing the idiot pole-axed and motionless after pretending  he had been headbutted whilst the rest of the lads where playing on around him .  Finally he had to give it rest and get up and carry on. Hes a fucking tit and deserves most of the flack he gets.

• Upvote 1

Dunno if it was on here that I read it but someone said on the radio they were making out Balotelli was forced to leave the pitch during the warm up for carrying on. Supposedly he actually just picked up a knock and went to go get it checked. 

Dunno if it was on here that I read it but someone said on the radio they were making out Balotelli was forced to leave the pitch during the warm up for carrying on. Supposedly he actually just picked up a knock and went to go get it checked.

Rightly or wrongly he just gets so much attention is unreal, no matter what he does its either exaggerated so much it's nothing like the real story or a non-story becomes an issue. I know he brings somethings on himself. If he really just had a knock and went to get it checked out, how in the media has that become he upset Moreno and got dragged off from the warm up. What would be the point of dragging away from a warm up anyway?

The problem is complete retards believe everything written about him, it says a lot about him that he rarely speaks to the media which to me says he thinks they are all completely full of shit.

In terms of the game, he looked decent when he came on, got a goal and linked up well, still had 2/3 40 yard shots that went miles over, he's adapting though which is encouraging moving forward. I still don't think he'll be here long term however.

Mario Balotelli unfairly 'stereotyped' as a wild man, says Daniel Sturridge

The ESPN FC crew discuss Luis Suarez's Ballon d'Or shortlist snub, Mario Balotelli's future at Anfield and debate whether or not Marco Reus should leave Dortmund.

Daniel Sturridge has claimed his Liverpool strike partner Mario Balotelli is misunderstood after backing the Italian to answer his critics following a tough start to his career at Anfield.

Thigh and calf problems have meant Sturridge has not played for Liverpool since August, with Balotelli struggling in the lone striking role as some of his critics have suggested his future at Anfield is already in doubt.

Balotelli's goal in Tuesday's Capital One Cup win against Swansea was a much-needed boost for the striker who has yet to score a Premier League goal for the club that paid 16 million pounds to sign him from AC Milan last summer, yet Sturridge stresses questions over Balotelli's character on and off the pitch are misguided.

"Mario is really cool and I get along with him -- I enjoy working with him," Sturridge told the Daily Mirror.

"He is just a regular young guy, but everyone says similar things about him like he is wild and then he ends up getting stereotyped.

Mario Balotelli's antics are no worse than the average university student's, says Daniel Sturridge.

"He is under the microscope and he is at that level where he is known around the world and he does get scrutinised. I think the average 24-year-old or guys who go to university who are a little younger will have done a lot crazier things than him. Everyone makes mistakes and has flaws -- he is just finding his way."

Balotelli received a mixed reception from the Liverpool supporters when he took to the field for the final few minutes of the cup tie against Swansea on Tuesday, but the scepticism turns to cheers as he scored seven minutes after his arrival on the field.

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers will now face a decision over whether to start with Balotelli in Saturday's Premier League game against Newcastle at St James' Park, with Sturridge still some way off a return to first team action.

• Upvote 1