You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

WhiskeyJar

I'd hoped Coutinho would be improving that side of his game this season, sadly it's not evident so far.

Sterling will easily get 10, as will Gerrard when we ditch this fucking idea of playing him further back than the CB's.

Remember that Gerrard? The one arriving late into the box and rifling one in to the top corner from 25 yards. I miss him. This sweeper version who gets left for dead by Downing is a poor imitation.

Bring back the real Gerrard!

• Upvote 2

I just hope he's not got the johnsons, the type of play where you run at someone and achieve fuck all everytime but people get hardons because you ran at someone and achieved the same thing as you would if you just hoofed the ball into the crowd everytime you touch it. Ooooh that professional footballer can run with the ball at his feet.

I think footballers are actually getting shitter, they are too bastard pampered, theyre not learning any real skills playing on a pitch like a rolled carpet from the age of 7 no severe weather a pitch with no grass or big ditches or trying to play on a slope. A player backheels a ball and commentators nearly rip their cocks off, its a shit skill. We used to play 20 aside with stray dog attacks and random purple aki has been spotted in the area warnings. Bastard council knocked our park down so we took to smoking , drinking and sitting on benches. What thread is this? Yeah lallana do better.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I really really enjoyed Lallana's performance last night.  The close control was amazing.  The game awareness that meant he could direct his first touch to how he wanted to turn on the ball was really good. And the little flick around the back for Enriques move to the line was a joy.  His preferred foot was whichever one it made more sense to use.

A long way to go of course, but I love watching a player like that.  It gave me real hope that he could be a big player for us.

Agree with all of that. He was very good. Getting back to full fitness will be good for us. The crowd showed their appreciation when he headed over to take the corners.

He'll thrive with the love.

His technique of trapping a ball and the way he positions his body is a sight to behold. I've genuinely never seen a player so naturally gifted at doing it. Whether its something that becomes practical and useful is yet to be seen but in my opinion it will. All of the players just need to get used to playing with each other.

I'd love to see Adam Lallana on a boggy rain drenched field in Norris Green trying to cruyff turn a bunch of scally's whilst skipping over dog shit, that would be riveting viewing.

Lallana has played lower league football where opponents kick the fuck out of flair players. He'd be up for it.