You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call Of Duty - 2014 Reveal

Allan

Haven't been on since last week, but I'm really struggling at the moment. Level 47, my K/D is plummeting and I am really struggling for kills now. 

I don't know if its because I realised I was still on a low sensitivity and I've boosted it to insane and haven't quite adjusted or it's a hot fix/patch or what.

I was sounding like Al the other night!

I didn't get on over the festive period, as I was either ill or working, or ill at work. Couldn't be arsed playing anything during these past few days, and I start my next set of 4 shifts tomorrow morning, so won't get on until Monday coming, at the earliest.

I still think this is a very fun game to play, and it's the best since MW2. I reckon I'll properly get playing again when the first map pack is released for PlayStation in February.

My K/D is still below 1, I am struggling a bit.  But have the odd good match.  I find the spawn system similar to Ghosts and you can get screwed straight away.  

Agreed on explosive drone uselessness.  

I don't think I've found my best class or scorestreaks yet one prestige in.   Not sure whether to use the Atlas or MORS.  I'm going for the power of the Atlas but it's a bit of a weird gun.  The MORS just doesn't do it for me, though.  Not powerful enough.  Seem to get more one hit kills with the Atlas.

I carry a semtex around but I might bin it off for a perk. 

I still play on evo mode as I like finding jumpy spots and  I think the maps were designed predominantly with that mode in mind.  They're a bit bland in classic mode. 

Had a go on this the other night. 

Was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed it.

I have ordered it.  Might change my tune after playing it for longer, but it seems like the best COD game for a long time.  

Not sure about the boost jumps though.  

I can't get away with the boost jumps myself so mainly play in classic tdm which doesn't allow them.

It's a good game I think, had some dodgy spawns but nothing to the extent of Ghosts. 

Seems a very even game with pick 13, it's very rare anyone seems to go on a massive killstreak run. 

I can't get away with the boost jumps myself so mainly play in classic tdm which doesn't allow them.

It's a good game I think, had some dodgy spawns but nothing to the extent of Ghosts. 

Seems a very even game with pick 13, it's very rare anyone seems to go on a massive killstreak run. 

Yeah the maps don't seem ridiculously big in this one as well.

If I'm not on here give me a text of whatever and I'll jump on. Odds are I'll probably already be on anyway. 

Sorry mate, I fell asleep on the couch. I doubt I'll get on this evening, after work. Might get on Sunday evening, and I'll get some time in on Monday morning/afternoon.

• Upvote 1

It's all kill, die, kill die. The scores at the end of the matches reflect this.

Also, my shitty Internet is ruining online gaming for me. I lose 90% of one on ones in this game. Same with Ghosts. My k/d is abysmal compared to all my other Cod ratios. I miss living in a fibre broadband area. It sucks.

• Upvote 2

It's all kill, die, kill die. The scores at the end of the matches reflect this.

Also, my shitty Internet is ruining online gaming for me. I lose 90% of one on ones in this game. Same with Ghosts. My k/d is abysmal compared to all my other Cod ratios. I miss living in a fibre broadband area. It sucks.

It's pretty much been designed this way, so that your scorestreaks feel much more rewarding when you earn them, if you're running any.

I've found that you either need to be super aggressive, or super defensive to have much joy in this. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground otherwise.

I still really like it, and do think it's the best CoD since MW2, it's just that I'm far too lazy to play when I have time off, as I'm either sleeping or just catching up on films/TV.

I do want to get some time during this DXP weekend, so I may jump on this evening after work, and I'll certainly look to get on tomorrow morning/afternoon before work.

• Upvote 1

I'm still think Black Ops 2 is my favourite.

It's very difficult to get a good run going on this, I think a lot of it is the pick 13 system, you so many variables that you don't really get a best class and a lot more varied setups. 

If I start a game on fire you can be sure I end it badly and vice versa most of the time. 

• Upvote 1

I'm still think Black Ops 2 is my favourite.

It's very difficult to get a good run going on this, I think a lot of it is the pick 13 system, you so many variables that you don't really get a best class and a lot more varied setups.

If I start a game on fire you can be sure I end it badly and vice versa most of the time.

It's a lot of messing about before you play. I rather a more simplistic method than picking 13 items in your class.

It's pretty much been designed this way, so that your scorestreaks feel much more rewarding when you earn them, if you're running any.

I've found that you either need to be super aggressive, or super defensive to have much joy in this. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground otherwise.

I still really like it, and do think it's the best CoD since MW2, it's just that I'm far too lazy to play when I have time off, as I'm either sleeping or just catching up on films/TV.

I do want to get some time during this DXP weekend, so I may jump on this evening after work, and I'll certainly look to get on tomorrow morning/afternoon before work.

There doesn't seem to be any tactical element to it at all. The spawn system is pretty shit too.

I like it but then I like all COD games (even Ghosts).

My K/D is horrendous - 1.03 and it has been a massive struggle to get it above 1.  I blame lack of claymores/effective explosive devices and shit kill-streaks.  What is the point of half of the killstreaks?  That Vulcan thing lasts about 0.435 seconds is utter shit.  Missiles - shit.  I use the attack drone and a re-roll care package, and don't bother with them after that.  

• Upvote 2

There doesn't seem to be any tactical element to it at all. The spawn system is pretty shit too.

It is certainly harder to hold an area when playing TDM. The maps are designed more for objective game modes as opposed to TDM, in my opinion. The spawn systems have been poor for a while now.

I like it but then I like all COD games (even Ghosts).

My K/D is horrendous - 1.03 and it has been a massive struggle to get it above 1.  I blame lack of claymores/effective explosive devices and shit kill-streaks.  What is the point of half of the killstreaks?  That Vulcan thing lasts about 0.435 seconds is utter shit.  Missiles - shit.  I use the attack drone and a re-roll care package, and don't bother with them after that.  

I only really ever run the UAV with the support, direction and extra time/points modules. If I run 2 scorestreaks, it's the UAV and Care Package.

There are a few YouTubers that have gathered info on K/D ratios in this, and the consensus is that a K/D between 0.80 - 1.20 is where the majority of players sit. I've got mine up to 1.07, but I suspect that as I've not played for a while, that will soon drop when I do eventually get back round to playing.

• Upvote 1