You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Glen Johnson get a new contract?

tlw content

The frustrating thing is that Manquillo has shown on a few occasions now that he's able to cope with quick, tricky attackers in a much better way than Johnson. Unbelievable that he is put up against perhaps the best winger in the league. He offers nothing going forward (much like Manquillo it has to be said), but the Spaniard is at least able to keep his player in check most of the time.

Gets on my tits when they show training ground clips on ssn during the week and he's there in the thick of it laughing like he hasn't a care in the world.  I fucking detest him now at this stage and I hate saying that about any of our players.

It's a pity he's dropped from the England squad because that's one less opportunity for him to get injured and be out of our team.

I'm too old to be saying things like this and should know better, but I fuckin hate him.

Blame the guy that continues to pick him whilst a clearly better alternative languishes on the bench for the most part.

Repeat for several other positions on the pitch.

Completely fucked up.

• Upvote 2

It's a pity he's dropped from the England squad because that's one less opportunity for him to get injured and be out of our team.

I'm too old to be saying things like this and should know better, but I fuckin hate him.

Exactly this. My groaning at him has made my 8 - year old hate him as well, with me trying my best to convince him that all players in red should get our support

When Johnson was any use on the football field he wasn't playing for Liverpool, these players have a sense of security which comes with a large contract and a hundred grand a week, their not hungry and certainly wont put themselves in the firing line in case of injury.This man is way behind the pace of things and it was obvious today when he was well out of position with no hope of getting back. Time to go and thank you Glen.

Current table:
1. Suarez.......................5 MOM........3 2nd.......2 3rd...........36
2. Sterling......................3 MOM.......3 2nd........1 3rd...........25
3. Johnson.....................2 MOM.......4 2nd.........1 3rd...........23
4. Allen..........................3 MOM.......1 2nd........4 3rd...........22
5. Enrique......................3 MOM........2 2nd..........................21
6. Shelvey.....................1 MOM.......3 2nd.........3 3rd...........17
7. Skrtel.........................1 MOM.......2 2nd..........2 3rd..........13
8. Agger........................1 MOM........1 2nd........4 3rd............12
9. Gerrard......................1 MOM.......1 2nd.........2 3rd...........10
10.Reina........................1 MOM........1 3rd.........7 CS.............9.5
11.Lucas........................1 MOM........1 2nd.......1 3rd.............9
12.Jones........................1 MOM........2 3rd.........3 CS............8.5
13.Assaidi......................1 MOM.........1 2nd..........................8
14.Şahin........................1 MOM........1 2nd............................8
15.Wisdom......................2 2nd..........1 3rd..........................7
16.Suso..........................1 MOM.......2 3rd............................7
17.Henderson.................2 2nd............................................6
18.Coates.......................1 MOM........1 3rd...........................6
19.Downing.....................1 MOM.........................................5
20.Cole...........................1 MOM.........................................5
21.Flanagan....................1 2nd............................................3
22.Carragher..................1 2nd............................................3
23.Robinson....................1 3rd............................................1
24.Adam.........................1 3rd.............................................1

Thanks.

Player of the Season table as at January 2013, what went wrong!?

I'm becoming increasingly convinced that he has incriminating pictures of someone at the club.

Either that, or those ridiculous rumours about a starting clause in his contract are actually based on some real fact.

I know they seem ridiculous, but that can be the only plausible reason. It definitely can't be what he's doing on the pitch. Maybe the fact he was 40 yards ahead of Coutinho for the second goal yesterday will wake Rodgers up a bit the next day.

I think it was around then that contract negotiations would've started, he was told he needed to take a paycut to stay, and he decided to be a cunt.

Too many silly twats taken in by a fullback who 'gets forward a lot' but has fuck all end product 95% of the time and could never defend anyway (which is a disadvantage if you are a full back).

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Is Johnson a big earner? If so I think hes a goner as FSG have been pretty ruthless in this respect so far,as well as being older (and also shite.)

Kuyt,Reina,Agger have been victims of this cull so far and this might be the case for Gerrard too.

Johnson will not be missed by me as Ive never been a fan and hate that being an average International player,like most of the England squad,means paying inflated wages and fees for them.

We have Manquillo and Flanagan as cover anyhow so no big loss.

• Upvote 1

It's makes footballing and financial sense to set fire to his contract, pay him the £3m/£4m we owe him, and then, in the words of Malcolm Tucker, "Smother him, eviscerate him, have him stuffed, fitted with wheels and donated to an orphanage".

The more games he plays the less we have chance of qualifying for Champions League football.

Manquillo should be first choice right back, then when Flanagan is back they can compete for the position.

Who wins pass of the day?.  Instead of these videos that Mostar makes I would like to see Johnson, Lovren and Mignolet and the gang showing their skills to Benny Hill music with Rodgers and Pascoe orchestrating the mayhem.

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h264high/4DB5EDA2871143301643283451904_SW_WEBM_14155585517591119f13a5d.mp4?versionId=zY8C7bEiOBugnLY9HwLzlctPn65iFXz1

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/7F74CB1D5F1142878031778578432_3fe94567fb7.0.1.1640180980457749208.mp4?versionId=G_Sa4B.xQyMpqaR6hvwDOBzKnd1So8n9

It's makes footballing and financial sense to set fire to his contract, pay him the £3m/£4m we owe him, and then, in the words of Malcolm Tucker, "Smother him, eviscerate him, have him stuffed, fitted with wheels and donated to an orphanage".

The more games he plays the less we have chance of qualifying for Champions League football.

Manquillo should be first choice right back, then when Flanagan is back they can compete for the position.

Shudder. Johnson may be pure, unadulterated cack but his contract is up anyway and we've spent fortunes to leave ourselves with this.

Shudder. Johnson may be pure, unadulterated cack but his contract is up anyway and we've spent fortunes to leave ourselves with this.

Yeah, it's not ideal. We don't actually have a right back at the club that is good enough. At least with Flanagan and Manquillo, though, they are young and made of the right stuff.

Players have been moved on because of the size of their wages and the club not wanting them getting splinters in their arse on the bench.

I can only presume johnson is playing precisely because the club doesnt want to pay his 120 grand a week wage while he sits on the bench.

He does want fucking off though and preferably in the January window.