You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Record player/Vinyl

Sugar Ape

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just got an email from Sound of Vinyl which is Universal records own shop, some absolute fucking bargains there I'm going to be taking advantage of. I've ordered loads of stuff from them and never had a problem.

Roxy Music boxset, 180gram vinyl, it's £89.99 on Amazon which is decent anyway for 8 albums, it's £59.99 http://thesoundofvinyl.com/*/*/The-Complete-Studio-Albums/46LE0000000

Got loads in a ' two for £15 ' catergory as well including all the Creedence clearwater revival albums, Thin Lizzy a load of Blondie. Definitely worth a look if you are struggling to think of what to get for christmas.

http://thesoundofvinyl.com/*/2-FOR-15-VINYL/

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Hotel California. 180 gram vinyl. £12 on Amazon. Bargain, arrived today. Listening to it now, sounds great.

Totes with ordering this or Sol Invictus, Angel Dust and The anniversary special of Superunknown last night.

Got some beers instead and decided to ponder on it a little longer.

• Upvote 1

no sweat- you can really bag some great stuff if you're on the ball. the Amazon euro sites can also be nice touches- ordering is exactly the same as UK. shows how much the UK site can overfleece on certain things- and randomly a Euro site will literally give stuff away. postage is cheap and when you combine items it's even more competitve.

over time, if you check it out, you'll get what I mean.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Weird, I was just coming on here to bump this thread.

Been after this for ages, lowest it's been is about £130 and as I've got all the albums second hand I've been happy to bide my time. Got it for £85 with free delivery off Amazon, great price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Albums-Collection-Vol-1973-1984-VINYL/dp/B00NVI90JK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426500880&sr=8-1&keywords=bruce+springsteen+vinyl

Oh well, I bought all of these, still have them, way back when.  One by one.  They are scratched.  I did get the Darkness on the edge of town whole thingy, also, a couple of years back.

Vinyls, well, you need a proper turntable, proper cartridge and needle, proper amp, a proper pre-amp, proper speakers, and most of all a proper space.  Then hell of a lot of patience.  In fact you need to be a nerd.  

Though nothing beats Jazz on a proper nerd set up.  You immediately stop being a nerd.

My latest is a Jack White one, Acoustic Recordings.  The best fun Jonathan Richman, some mono...

fucking ridiculous price

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B01LA1YT68/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

10lp Kinks Mono Box for a ton. think of a number and double it when it deletes. deal still going but it'll take a few weeks to ship. normally always does. reckon some cunts have bought multiples.

• 4 weeks later...