You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Record player/Vinyl

Sugar Ape

Extremely harsh lumping Dodgy in with that lot, they were much better than Suede or Pulp as well in my opinion. I think their daft image got in the way of some of the music they made unfortunately.

Have another listen to Grassman (the studio version).

I never listen to any of the bands you've listed there anymore to be honest but I always thought Dodgy got a bit of a bad press.

Pulp are brilliant mate. Saw them live at a festival a few years back and they were quality. Speaking of a fucked up world we live in, about 20 of us went this festival and all but me and 3 others stayed to watch pulp. The rest fucked off to another stage to see chase and status. I was gobsmacked. 

Different Class is one of the best albums of the 90's and Oasis and Urban Hymns aside, my favourite album of the britpop era/90's. 

Pulp are brilliant mate. Saw them live at a festival a few years back and they were quality. Speaking of a fucked up world we live in, about 20 of us went this festival and all but me and 3 others stayed to watch pulp. The rest fucked off to another stage to see chase and status. I was gobsmacked. 

Different Class is one of the best albums of the 90's and Oasis and Urban Hymns aside, my favourite album of the britpop era/90's. 

I like Jarvis Cocker but never took to Pulp, I always thought it was music for girls.

Probably a bit sexist but there you go.

The only albums I still listen to from the 90s are The La's, Second Coming & a couple by The Black Crowes. My Dad had Screamadelica on in the car when we came down to Liverpool a couple of weeks back & it brought back some nice memories by fucking hell, some of it doesn't half go on a bit.

I listen to OK Computer and Mezzanine all the time. Two of my all time favourites. Some boss albums came out in the 90's. 

Agreed. 

My top 10.... I think....

Oasis - Definitely Maybe 

Oasis - Whats The Story

The Verve - Urban Hymns

Oasis - Be Here Now (yes well I fucking love it so piss off)

Pulp - Different Class

Radiohead - Ok Computer

Cast - All Change

Blur - Parklife

Stone Roses - Second Coming

Manic Street Preachers - Everything Must Go 

• 1 year later...

Probably the greatest "summer" album ever made. It's mad the way i'm buying up stuff that i had on CD again, but on vinyl. Or in some cases, stuff that i originally had on vinyl, got rid of when i replaced it with the CD, and am now rebuying on vinyl. 

They can see me coming a mile off. 

Probably the greatest "summer" album ever made. It's mad the way i'm buying up stuff that i had on CD again, but on vinyl. Or in some cases, stuff that i originally had on vinyl, got rid of when i replaced it with the CD, and am now rebuying on vinyl.

They can see me coming a mile off.

You need to get in on the cassette revival.

Was never a fan of cassettes, the only thing they were good for was making compilations. Pre-recorded ones were dreadful.

Cassettes have a lot going against them, but I have Ill Communication on original cassette and the tape still works after whatever years. So there.

My vinyl collection is swelling as my daughter the little hipster is always buying me stuff from Charity shops.

I'm in a different phase. The turntable is currently in a wardrobe for its own protection from my two-year-old.

She found Steely Dan's Aja recently and rigorously tested the record's flexibility. 

• Upvote 3

I'm in a different phase. The turntable is currently in a wardrobe for its own protection from my two-year-old.

She found Steely Dan's Aja recently and rigorously tested the record's flexibility.

Haha brilliant. My daughter years ago used about 5 bottles of my aftershave on her teddies because they smelled bad. She actually had a cob on with me.

She also made herself a bag on out of this pink cotton material. Or her bedsheet as I like to call it.

• Upvote 1

Was never a fan of cassettes, the only thing they were good for was making compilations. Pre-recorded ones were dreadful.

I'm holdng on for the 8-track revival.

Re-recording over cassettes and the legacy of old tracks bleeding through underneath, that’s pretty cool and something the yoths with there bits and bytes have yet to experience.

Re-recording over cassettes and the legacy of old tracks bleeding through underneath, that’s pretty cool and something the yoths with there bits and bytes have yet to experience.

My brother got an ABBA cassette when he was a kid that somehow managed to fold over itself (or something) and ended up playing it all in reverse. Possibly the most sinister thing ive ever heard in my life. 

• Upvote 1

My brother got an ABBA cassette when he was a kid that somehow managed to fold over itself (or something) and ended up playing it all in reverse. Possibly the most sinister thing ive ever heard in my life. 

I used to collect all The Stone Roses cassette singles & they were notorious for fucking up, the advantage was you got to hear snippets of things like Guernica & Full Fathom Five 'backwards'. I think I went back into Woolies about six times for a new copy of Elephant Stone.

Ghosts in the machine, not something you get so much in the digital world. Fair to say yer buying abba should leave you with a haunt d feeling though.

Sounds like Mook managed to get Martin Hannet to invade his akai tape deck. Good book on him by the way - pleasures of the unknown, if you are into music if the factory era.

• Upvote 1

Ghosts in the machine, not something you get so much in the digital world. Fair to say yer buying abba should leave you with a haunt d feeling though.

Sounds like Mook managed to get Martin Hannet to invade his akai tape deck. Good book on him by the way - pleasures of the unknown, if you are into music if the factory era.

Not advocating violence against disabled people but Martin Hannett needs knee capping, the tone deaf cunt.

• Upvote 2