You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tonights game

WaltonRed

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the plus side, Coutinho/Sturridge will be a beast of a partnership.

Yes, I'm not going to start chatting bollocks saying I think we'll be better off without Suarez because without a masterstroke of a replacement(s) we obviously won't be but I do feel Coutinho and Sturridge's games do suit each other more than either of them do with Suarez

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Mignolet looks shaky as hell when kicking.

Ya wha'? I've been really impressed with his distribution so far. His short game has been pretty much perfect, with only a few long passes misplaced.

Not a bad game' date=' Toure looks better than i thought he'd be.

I'm sure Borini's been cursed though and Mignolet looks shaky as hell when kicking. I don't tend to believe stats, but that was highlighted as his weak point.[/quote']

The only important stat with Mignolet that matters is the goals conceded which currently stands at 0!

Yes I know mainly shite opposition but I do feel that barring a couple of late efforts today we have looked solid defensively

Anyone who isn't a mingebag watch it on BT? What was that they were talking about just then over a story in that reporters paper tonight? Sure it mentioned Suarez.

Apparently Telegraph running a story but an embargo til 10pm

Hopefully about Madrid or something as I'm at the stage where I don't care providing he doesn't go to Arsenal

Ullevål is never full and Norwegians are generally reclusive.

Even if Norway were playing Sweden in a playoff for Brazil 2014' date=' they'd never fill the place. If it was last week they could have filled it with Norway cup contestants.[/quote']

That, and tickets from 60-80 quid for a preseason game everyone knew we only would take semi-seriously (being squeezed between Gerrard's testimonial and our last preseason game) might have put some people off... Most people at the game today (at least the adults) will already have been to Anfield, and those not there would rather spend an extra 100 quid to see the real deal (I suspect)...

I was there btw, first time watching us live for my 7 year old, fair to say he was a bit disappointed with the team selection and the absence of Suarez and Agger...

Ibe is gonna be one hell of a player

Yep, didn't really know anything about him other than that goal he scored for Wycombe until he played against QPR but he impressed me in that game and has continued to do so over pre-season

Good to see Raheem looks to have got his spark back again as well and is scoring a few goals too

Ya wha'? I've been really impressed with his distribution so far. His short game has been pretty much perfect, with only a few long passes misplaced.

There was a little succession of about four or five longer passes in a row that went astray in one way or another, and that got me a bit worried.

Anything short and he looks nervy but capable, however the clipped passes to the fullbacks further up often made them contest for the ball and we lost possession on many occasions.

It just worries me he'll have a Skrtel against City moment, if he misses the fullback and exposes the defence against a good side we'll be punished, it'll rock his confidence and the team'll sit further back.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Goals conceded from near post corners, al the fucking time. Sort it out Brendan, or get in a defensive coach to run through some drills.

To be fair, we had Flanno left-back Spearing right-back, Brad Jones in goal, and our fourth and fifth choice CBs. As it's the only goal we've conceded this pre-season, I'm not sure it's all that worthy of note.

Why is the ground empty?

Very poor turnout from the noggies. We should never bother going there again. Ever.

norweigians are the worst supporters ever judging by the pre season turnout alone.

£75 to watch two reserve teams play eachother.

Norwegians are not stupid.

To be fair' date=' we had Flanno left-back Spearing right-back, Brad Jones in goal, and our fourth and fifth choice CBs. As it's the only goal we've conceded this pre-season, I'm not sure it's all that worthy of note.[/quote']

LFD will be along any minute to castigate Agger for losing his man on a set piece....;-)