You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/04/2024 at 16:02, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I don't know what's going on with my seeds this year.  I must have sown a million of all different types of plants and about 10 have actually bothered to germinate.

I reckon I overwatered them.  They were in propagators, so the soil never dried out.  I've taken the lids off the propagators and my peppers, sweet peppers and lobelia have sprouted (all a bit late, like).

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Do all planters need holes in the bottom? We got some big ones which needed drilling but we've got some some smaller ones, like glorified big plant pots, but we haven't drilled them. Thoughts? 

I would say 'yes'. Or else the roots rot. Pots don't need stones at the bottom tho.

That's my take - but best stick around for one of the pro's.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Do all planters need holes in the bottom? We got some big ones which needed drilling but we've got some some smaller ones, like glorified big plant pots, but we haven't drilled them. Thoughts? 

Yes else it will fill with water over time and rot the roots. 

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Trying to take a few moments to enjoy the garden in a bit of, all too rare, morning sunshine. 

Find myself barely noticing it these days as life gets in the way. 

IMG_6407.jpeg

IMG_6406.jpeg

IMG_6403.jpeg

IMG_6404.jpeg

IMG_6405.jpeg

IMG_6402.jpeg

Lovely looking greenhouse.

• Upvote 1

On 05/05/2024 at 12:41, YorkshireRed said:

Trying to take a few moments to enjoy the garden in a bit of, all too rare, morning sunshine. 

IMG_6407.jpeg

IMG_6406.jpeg

IMG_6403.jpeg

IMG_6404.jpeg

IMG_6405.jpeg

IMG_6402.jpeg

Everytime I walked out I’d have to shout “can you start the fans please!” 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, A Red said:

Nice to get the grass cut 

20240508_181429.jpg

Fuck me! @A Red has a golf course for a garden. Being a cunt obviously pays well!!

Ahh piss off...I am kidding.

• Haha 1

On 05/05/2024 at 12:41, YorkshireRed said:

IMG_6407.jpeg

IMG_6406.jpeg

IMG_6403.jpeg

IMG_6404.jpeg

IMG_6405.jpeg

IMG_6402.jpeg

Looking lovely in the sun. 

• Upvote 1

I’d noticed 2 frogs poking their heads out of the water in my mini pond for a few weeks (no sign of frog spawn) but this afternoon when I walked past it there were 4 of them! By the time I went for my phone this was the only to be seen

IMG_3993.jpeg

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, Champ said:

I’d noticed 2 frogs poking their heads out of the water in my mini pond for a few weeks (no sign of frog spawn) but this afternoon when I walked past it there were 4 of them! By the time I went for my phone this was the only to be seen

IMG_3993.jpeg

It’s a bit late for frog sex but maybe you’ll be lucky. My ponds were full of tadpoles last month but I think the newts are eating them. 

54 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

It’s a bit late for frog sex but maybe you’ll be lucky. My ponds were full of tadpoles last month but I think the newts are eating them. 

Nature, fantastic isn’t it, it’s like one big fuck off restaurant. 

8 hours ago, Chip Butty said:

Nature, fantastic isn’t it, it’s like one big fuck off restaurant. 

It’s relentless and ruthless. One common phenomena on the allotment is the new couple who rent a plot full of enthusiasm, spend a weekend clearing the weeds and planting stuff then don’t come back for a few weekends Nature abhors a vacuum so the weeds just reappear. After a month our couple come back to find their plot covered in weeds and they often give up at that point. Nature never stops trying to be alive.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Where the fuck are all the bees? My garden is normally full of them this time of year. My bee Bush is flowering but only the hover flies seem to be about 

One flew into my bedroom yesterday afternoon, while I was trying to have a nap. 

Cunt bee. 

Just started to do some proper work on mine, after neglecting it really. Started to cut down the trees as I need to make space for an extension and would rather slowly do the work myself to save a bit of money. Also started with some veg growing as I am sick of the waste from The supermarkets as it’s going off within a day or two. 

Long way to go, but recycling trees I’ve cut down and working around what I’ve got so it’s far from looking how I want it, but by fucking Jove, it’s ace doing it. 

IMG_7054.jpegIMG_7055.jpegIMG_7056.jpegIMG_7057.jpeg

And as of this morning, here where I am up to 

And my apple tree after a little pruning. Also got some bags of horseshit coming from my mates stables tomorrow. 

IMG_7177.jpeg

IMG_7029.jpeg

IMG_7175.jpeg

IMG_7176.jpeg

• Upvote 4