You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

I really hope we have another decent signing up our sleeve because if our business is done for the summer, it doesn't bode well.

I think the reason why we aren't willing to sell Suarez is because we haven't managed to land another attacking option. Personally I think we have enough attacking options providing we stay relatively injury free.

I think the reason why we aren't willing to sell Suarez is because we haven't managed to land another attacking option. Personally I think we have enough attacking options providing we stay relatively injury free.

We have a lot of options. The question is are they good enough?

But if Suarez stays, I think the most urgent is another CB for the first team. and some competition on the left back.

I was watching ESPN Brazil and they had a long feature about Bernard, lots of footage of him arriving in Ukraine and being shown around. There are 11 Brazilians on the team.

According to them, he will receive about 4 million pounds a year (converting reais to pounds), live in a mansion, have his own interpreter, and be given a car with his own driver. All this reported with complete stupefaction.

I reckon we couldn't offer the same terms.

According to them, he will receive about 4 million pounds a year (converting reais to pounds), live in a mansion, have his own interpreter, and be given a car with his own driver. All this reported with complete stupefaction.

I reckon we couldn't offer the same terms.

£75k per week

Bernard going to the Ukraine just goes to further highlight what money has done to football.

Where's your ambition, you gnome shithouse.

Mind you, World Cup next year,he was never going to come here without CL to showcase his talent. Look at Coutinho, tore up the PL, didn't get near the Confederations Cup squad.

I was watching ESPN Brazil and they had a long feature about Bernard' date=' lots of footage of him arriving in Ukraine and being shown around. There are 11 Brazilians on the team.

I reckon we couldn't offer the same terms.[/quote']

75k a week is nothing. The rest if the stuff would be easy for us to offer too.

We could have offered the same terms. He went there because there was no other team in for him it seems.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
So are we going to buy somebody now then?

9 days left.

9 Days? Not until the window closes. There's another month. They are generally the busiest weeks of the transfer window, though. We've agreed terms with Cissokho, so if we can striker a deal with Valencia then he'll probably be coming in. It feels to me like we're playing poker over Papadopoulos, with them already having bought reinforcements for that area. Costa... who knows.

9 Days? Not until the window closes. There's another month. They are generally the busiest weeks of the transfer window' date=' though. We've agreed terms with Cissokho, so if we can striker a deal with Valencia then he'll probably be coming in. It feels to me like we're playing poker over Papadopoulos, with them already having bought reinforcements for that area. Costa... who knows.[/quote']

I meant until the season starts - with Brendan stressing the need to buy early, I would have thought that we'd try bring in our two most important signings before the league starts. Especially considering we have Suarez out for a while.

I agree about Papa - I think it's all done but we're trying to get a little off the price. It seems Costa is not interested, because if he was we'd have heard about it by now.

Just have a big bad feeling we'll be hearing the 'no value in the market' line when it comes to the forward player. Have we been linked with anyone else?

Are we signing anyone on those wages anymore? We're definitely selling a few.

I'm not sure mate but I would hope so. If we are going to fight for the top players around Europe we will probably need to.

I think we are willing to pay them wages if they are worth it. Downing obviously isn't.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

rTo be fair, we hadn't even been linked to Costa until we'd apparently put in a bid. Who knows. It's a bit of a lottery at the moment, but I'd be surprised if we didn't bring in at least one big money player and possibly a centre back.

Bernard going to the Ukraine just goes to further highlight what money has done to football.

Where's your ambition, you gnome shithouse.

Mind you, World Cup next year,he was never going to come here without CL to showcase his talent. Look at Coutinho, tore up the PL, didn't get near the Confederations Cup squad.

The Brazilian pundit said the same thing about ambition. Bernard was selected for the Confederations CUp, although he didn't play much. The guy said his football wouldn't improve playing in the Ukrainian league and that would probably hurt his chances for being selected for the World Cup.

I'll bet Coutinho is thinking about that.