You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Spurs are spending. I wonder if they'll spend on top of the £50m-odd they've spent already, if Bale goes to Madrid.

Of course they will, this is why people wanted the big players wrapped up. Just imagine after selling Caulker they swoop in for the Greek and whatever signings we want as they can pay a little more when Bale gets sold. Not like it hasn't been done before.

If they do sell Bale, they'll pay through the nose for anybody they want. I can't see, say, the mancs selling Rooney to them for less than 60-70 million. I'm not saying he's worth that but that's what they'll demand.

They'll have to replace Bale's goals and presence with someone - Soldado may or may not be the one - and that's going to cost.

Sometimes the best thing to do is to do nothing.

Unfortunately Spurs are going to be very strong this season. The only hope is that they piss away that 100m on shite.

They've done brilliantly over the last few seasons. It's been a steady old climb and, as it stands right now, they look a better bet than Arsenal for fourth.

If they do sell Bale, they'll pay through the nose for anybody they want. I can't see, say, the mancs selling Rooney to them for less than 60-70 million. I'm not saying he's worth that but that's what they'll demand.

They'll have to replace Bale's goals and presence with someone - Soldado may or may not be the one - and that's going to cost.

Sometimes the best thing to do is to do nothing.

Soldado will replace Bale's goals. They'll be stronger without him I think as the money is ridiculous and they are buying top players like Soldado.

Soldado will replace Bale's goals. They'll be stronger without him I think as the money is ridiculous and they are buying top players like Soldado.

Maybe. But it wasn't just Bale's goals that made Spurs so good. At his best, he made them very difficult to defend against - everybody was terrified of him running behind the defense. He alters the way teams set up and defend. Madrid doesn't need his goals, they need that - I'd be very happy if he went there.

Why don't people just wait till the end of the window ?

I already have my thoughts in print whatever scenario arises, ahead of the game , if you will.

We sign no one else of significance = They are just as bad as G&H asset stripping us ready for a sale. We have no chance of CL football with these players. They sell Suarez for 50m and get Carlton Cole on a free, fucking liars !!!!!

We make key signings and possibly keep the Beaver = Good window on the whole, we waited till near the end of the window and got good value without having to pay the summers wages on Prolapseadopplebus and Michu, not to mention Bernard. CL football is on the horizon again. FSG are running a good tight ship.

That's my Ariel, what's yours ?

It would have been quicker too had Man City not won the lottery.

It was actually spurs who benefited from H&G they finished 4th the year it went tits up so not sure what you are talking about. Rich owners is part of English football sadly, it's why some of us laugh when people mention Dortmund and us trying to follow their lead.

Costa is exactly what we need but the LIARS don't want to spend unless the sell more of our key players.

Apparently FSG are trying to sell Agger to Barcelona, as they can't sell Skrtel. Disgusting LIARS.

Nightcat

The indisputable leader of the mongs

He's a bell, he's a bliff, he's a hysterical tit

He's the biggest mong

Nightcat

Yes he's the chief, he's the king

But above everything

He's the biggest mong

Nightcat

Really? I didn't think it was that difficult to comprehend, myself.

Oh well.

Not that it matters much but you implied that City stopped them getting top 4 but they already finished top 4 back in 09/10 when city finished 5th.

A spurs mate of mine blames them missing out on top 4 for the last two seasons on doing late business in the window. The likes of Adebayaor, Parker and Dembelle all arrived at the end of August and they just missed out both seasons.

Not that it matters much but you implied that City stopped them getting top 4 but they already finished top 4 back in 09/10 when city finished 5th.

City have stopped Spurs cementing a spot in the top 4. Kind of obvious. It's not a matter of finishing there once, and you're there forever more.

But, as you say, it matters little.

It may open the eyes of some of our fans though. Rebuilding won't be done in one season or two.

The spurs fans disagree with you fucking about in summer windows buying players on the 30th of August after 2/3 league games have been played in the last two seasons and they would have overturned Arsenal.

One of the reasons VillasBoas wanted the experienced Baldini and he has delivered so far.

The thing is' date=' Levy knows that unless Bale drops dramatically in form they'll be back next year anyway.

[b']He knocked back big money for Modric, kept him for a year, then sold for practically the same price. To him[/b], all this shows is that Madrid will be back as you don't offer that kind of sum for someone you'll go off in a year.

They lost over £10million.