You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have we ever had a thread on them? Im not sure.

Anyway, these two performances are the greatest thing in the history of ever, ever.

Hell yeah.

[YOUTUBE]6KtF7ql3FJc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]_Didi8O4Klw[/YOUTUBE]

Metal.

[YOUTUBE]qdlQyNe_9tE[/YOUTUBE]

Ive posted it before, but this performance is just brilliant

Yes, yes, yes it is! The ultimate.

Apparently Cliff was hired after James and Lars saw him playing that riff in a bar. As much as I loved Jason, he never ever got that right.

Dude, I can not rep you enough for that bass only Cliff Orion clip. Fucking amazing.

They came out to that as an encore at Wembley once, immense.

This performance from the Live Shit set is Metallica at the top of their game.

[YOUTUBE]S8TaCpbrgrg[/YOUTUBE]

I'm not big on metal any more, but still have plenty of Metallica on my iPod. Regardless of your stance on the music and scene, you can't deny they're tight as fuck. They know how to play their instruments. Which is pretty fucking important and I wish more metal/thrash/hardcore bands around here would take notice.

Moshing might not be my thing any more, but if you can play, I'll have no qualms getting in the pit.

Funny, you never struck me as someone with such great in-depth Metallica knowledge. Repped.

Agree with the comments on Lars, a complete bell end.

In a way I want them to split, as their gigs have got dull and James simply can no longer sing.

Moshing might not be my thing any more, but if you can play, I'll have no qualms getting in the pit.

Me neither after getting down with the kids and smashing my ankle to bits in the pit to My Friend Of Misery.

Another favourite recording...

[YOUTUBE]2EP3v4Hr7qc[/YOUTUBE]

Funny, you never struck me as someone with such great in-depth Metallica knowledge. Repped.

Never a massive fan, but you could guarantee that one of my mates would bang it on at about six in the morn' whilst I was trying to sleep a speed binge off.

I was into the more extreme/hardcore side of things.

Give these a listen and report back.

[YOUTUBE]YP3Xmc8JMGE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]gIB9Cai5kZ4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]hgLAqrVSWvw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Np4c81DppKc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]nCtjAmtIGf0[/YOUTUBE]

That concert in Moscow was epic.

Totally mental and was so close to being stopped early on due to all the trouble.

It went apeshit when that Russian band started playing and it was only when the Black Crowes came on the fighting stopped(only played 2 tracks as well).

The Metallica part is often said to be there greatest performance and around half a million people to see it.

AC/DC who played the main nighttime slot played to a estimated 1.5 million people.

This is the Metallica set.

[YOUTUBE]jyfiEq4urpY[/YOUTUBE]

Anybody who wants to see the Russian band EST and some of the trouble here it is.

[YOUTUBE]MW9gS69bRGY[/YOUTUBE]

Just simply the best metal band of all time. Though I'm still baffled that people would put the Black album as their favourite one, as MOP is just the most perfect album ever made.

I would say the same with Justice for all.

I also totally loved Load as well which alot of people dont seem to like.

Also Death Magnetic is pretty awesome to.

St Anger is by far the worst they have done for me.

Just simply the best metal band of all time. Though I'm still baffled that people would put the Black album as their favourite one, as MOP is just the most perfect album ever made.

They've certainly sold the most records but they are nowhere near the best.

I would say the same with Justice for all.

I also totally loved Load as well which alot of people dont seem to like.

Also Death Magnetic is pretty awesome to.

St Anger is by far the worst they have done for me.

That's interesting, as I found both Load and Reload, utter gash as they became a bit too trendy, Kurt with his fingernails painted and eye-liner, that sort of thing and really diversified from what they do best. But yet, I really liked the tinny drum sound of St Anger, albeit the songs dragged on a bit.

I went to the Death Magnetic launch party at the O2 a few years back, and those new songs were just superb live and fit the mould of the band. Rick Rubin told them to revisit MOP and AJFA to combine the sound into DM and it worked a treat.