You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The weather

Mr Blonde

This weather is getting me down. Hot, humid, sweaty. Hardly anywhere has air conditioning. Some people seem not to sweat at all. I don’t know how they do it. Hope it rains soon.

Somebody came out of a shop yesterday saying how they are feeling the heat and they can't wait for Winter. I look forward to seeing him come out of a shop in the Winter complaining about how cold it is and how he can't wait for Summer to come.

In all honesty I must be a freak because I actually enjoy all weather conditions as it demonstrates to me how mental this planet is.

Somebody came out of a shop yesterday saying how they are feeling the heat and they can't wait for Winter. I look forward to seeing him come out of a shop in the Winter complaining about how cold it is and how he can't wait for Summer to come.

In all honesty I must be a freak because I actually enjoy all weather conditions as it demonstrates to me how mental this planet is.

British summers always feel too humid and sticky, to me. I love autumn and winter, though. I don’t really feel the cold and haven’t worn kecks for about 18 months. I never want the central heating on. Drives my wife mad.

I've had enough of it now. Hope it pisses down for the next two weeks.

The forecast until 15th July is sunshine and warm weather. Rain seems a long way away.

British summers always feel too humid and sticky, to me. I love autumn and winter, though. I don’t really feel the cold and haven’t worn kecks for about 18 months. I never want the central heating on. Drives my wife mad.

So you just parade around town in your turd brown with beige piping y-fronts without a care in the world?

Had to click on the full version on my phone to dish out negs to Moanero and Doins, the moaning old codgers.

Had a glorious day walking round some hills in the Lakes yesterday, bagged a couple of Wainwrights that would be a nightmare to walk in bad weather.

Back in work today in all the safety gear and I still don't mind because the sun is out and I'm getting some beautiful vitamin D flowing through me.

• Upvote 2

Had to click on the full version on my phone to dish out negs to Moanero and Doins, the moaning old codgers.

Had a glorious day walking round some hills in the Lakes yesterday, bagged a couple of Wainwrights that would be a nightmare to walk in bad weather.

Back in work today in all the safety gear and I still don't mind because the sun is out and I'm getting some beautiful vitamin D flowing through me.

Me and Moanero at work yesterday.

hqdefault.jpg

• Upvote 3

Now the roads are melting.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/heaton-newcastle-foot-stuck-road-14872053

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/07/06/bin-lorry-gets-stuck-road-heatwave-melts-surface/

Was sat parked in my car for 20 minutes earlier and my back and arse were drenched in sweat. My skin is peeling from the sunburn I’ve accumulated. I’m getting grumpy and I’m starting to come round to the idea of a rainy day.

Now the roads are melting.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/heaton-newcastle-foot-stuck-road-14872053

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/07/06/bin-lorry-gets-stuck-road-heatwave-melts-surface/

Was sat parked in my car for 20 minutes earlier and my back and arse were drenched in sweat. My skin is peeling from the sunburn I’ve accumulated. I’m getting grumpy and I’m starting to come round to the idea of a rainy day.

And then all the weather stories will be about flooding.

As for the road surfaces, I think it's more down to the lack of durability of the material being used to surface the roads than the actual weather conditions. Our road surfaces struggle with cold temperatures, hot temperatures, sun and rain. Bit of a problem when those are pretty much what the road surfaces are going to be faced with throughout the year.

We’ve had great weather for weeks but was in the Lakes overnight on Wednesday and was quite shocked how parched the roadsides were. Places that we know well looked like they’d been lifted from Southern Europe

• 3 weeks later...

Is it getting a weeny bit unnerving now or do I just need to chill and carry on enjoying it?

Rainy storms due over the weekend allegedly.

Then another heatwave allegedly.