Jump to content
  • Sign up for free and receive a month's subscription

    You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson


Section_31
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, littletedwest said:

Vallance tried to give him an excuse saying he hadn't studied science since he was 15.

 

But that wouldn't explain why he couldn't understand doubling period and basic graphs or the difference between relative and absolute risk.

 

 


He didn’t give a fuck! It was all a big inconvenience to him and his ego so soon after getting the job he craved while the other lot in the background scrabbled round trying to work out how to exploit it to line pockets. Meanwhile the actual experts are stood there saying “Erm , people are dying here guys and chance we can discuss that?” 
 

Then you’ve got the daily Mail calling Whitby “dr death” or whatever it was. The whole thing was callous and there were definite contributors to thousands of additional deaths. People should be doing serious jail time. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sir roger said:

In a country where not a single days jail was served for the 2008 financial crisis, nobody will receive anything more than a slap on the wrist for this.

 

If this shit had gone on in Central Africa the entire front bench would have been smothered, eviscerated, stuffed, and fitted with wheels.

 

More fool us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s a great shame that when he forced into his fake apology to Liverpool and was doing the rounds someone didn’t seize the old duckmarine vessel, run him over, then throw his fat bloated frame in the Albert Dock and make sure he was dead. How’s that for urban regeneration, Heseltine? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

It’s a great shame that when he forced into his fake apology to Liverpool and was doing the rounds someone didn’t seize the old duckmarine vessel, run him over, then throw his fat bloated frame in the Albert Dock and make sure he was dead. How’s that for urban regeneration, Heseltine? 

there is definitely a pattern there.

 

self-pity city

spaffing money on historic sex abuse cases

let the bodies pile high

just let the old ones die

clear the dead bodies away in libya

 

I wonder if the lack of humanity is a Johnson trait or they are taught it at eton?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

there is definitely a pattern there.

 

self-pity city

spaffing money on historic sex abuse cases

let the bodies pile high

just let the old ones die

clear the dead bodies away in libya

 

I wonder if the lack of humanity is a Johnson trait or they are taught it at eton?  

 

Johnson is a particularly egregious example of their ilk. 

 

One of the most ruthless classes of people in history are mostly the product of the British public school system who saw themselves as inheritors to

the classical traditions of the Romans. The schools themselves now have international versions in Asia to “educate” the new emerging capitalist class over there with some good old fashioned British values. 
 

The first place colonised by the British Empire was England. 
 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

 

Johnson is a particularly egregious example of their ilk. 

 

One of the most ruthless classes of people in history are mostly the product of the British public school system who saw themselves as inheritors to

the classical traditions of the Romans. The schools themselves now have international versions in Asia to “educate” the new emerging capitalist class over there with some good old fashioned British values. 
 

The first place colonised by the British Empire was England. 
 

 

if this country had any self-awareness it would be asking itself why a man, who would find it it a struggle working behind the counter at maccies,ended up running the country.

almost every job he failed at,yet because of his "upbringing"he was propelled upwards.

To me he symbolises everything thats wrong in this basket case of a country.

How the bootlickers grovel to a man,because he can speak a line of latin and has a posh accent. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

 

Johnson is a particularly egregious example of their ilk. 

 

One of the most ruthless classes of people in history are mostly the product of the British public school system who saw themselves as inheritors to

the classical traditions of the Romans. The schools themselves now have international versions in Asia to “educate” the new emerging capitalist class over there with some good old fashioned British values. 
 

The first place colonised by the British Empire was England. 
 

 

 

Spot on that. 

 

They're trained to view wealth and power as God-given and a right, they're our 'betters', regardless of the ample evidence to the contrary. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Arniepie said:

if this country had any self-awareness it would be asking itself why a man, who would find it it a struggle working behind the counter at maccies,ended up running the country.

almost every job he failed at,yet because of his "upbringing"he was propelled upwards.

To me he symbolises everything thats wrong in this basket case of a country.

How the bootlickers grovel to a man,because he can speak a line of latin and has a posh accent. 


A kid working a shift at maccies is multi tasking and front facing in a customer service role that requires all the skills that you’d expect an elected politician to possess. It’s not like he wasn’t on record as saying while at City Hall when discussing technical matters that they’d just “get the boffins in” and couldn’t handle details and wanted half page reports so

he could be in

the boozer just after lunch. 
 

He represents the apex of a system for people for whom

money is just something used to make more money for them, not a concept like “fuck I haven’t got enough hours this week

because the boss has given some of my shifts to

the new bird he fancies. Might not have any gas for a bit.”

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:


A kid working a shift at maccies is multi tasking and front facing in a customer service role that requires all the skills that you’d expect an elected politician to possess. It’s not like he wasn’t on record as saying while at City Hall when discussing technical matters that they’d just “get the boffins in” and couldn’t handle details and wanted half page reports so

he could be in

the boozer just after lunch. 
 

He represents the apex of a system for people for whom

money is just something used to make more money for them, not a concept like “fuck I haven’t got enough hours this week

because the boss has given some of my shifts to

the new bird he fancies. Might not have any gas for a bit.”

spot on.

I think it challenges the whole concept that we live in a meritocratic society.

if he would have come from a "normal"background,he would be hanging outside the local wethies at 9 in the morning, but,based solely,on his priviledge and background ,he ends up running the entire country and was almost heroically out of his depth..

And as we are seeing in the enquiry,the cost of that was huge.

 

And even now people think he should still be pm.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's a chapter in Empireland that talks about Imperialism and the education system, especially public schools. To maintain the running of the Empire they were just tasked with turning out people who wouldn't question anything. Explains somewhat the debacle of COVID and his inability to handle details, yet can regurgitate Latin phrases ad infinitum.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

However, during the break he says he was told by Helen MacNamara, top civil servant, and Edward Lister, then interim chief of staff, that the prime minister didn't "really know what he is doing”.

“Dominic Cummings will be gone in a few weeks, there is no way he can survive the way he’s going on” summarises Javid on what was said to him.

He adds that: “The extent of dysfunctionality was something I had not experienced before in any government.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We're through the windshield glass now Alice...

 

 

 

An “enraged” Johnson asked security services to draw up “military options” to obtain “impounded” doses of AstraZeneca vaccine from a plant in Leiden after Britain had negotiated a deal with the company.

 

 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/dec/04/dutch-media-report-claim-boris-johnson-planned-raid-on-vaccine-plant-in-2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

We're through the windshield glass now Alice...

 

 

 

An “enraged” Johnson asked security services to draw up “military options” to obtain “impounded” doses of AstraZeneca vaccine from a plant in Leiden after Britain had negotiated a deal with the company.

 

 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/dec/04/dutch-media-report-claim-boris-johnson-planned-raid-on-vaccine-plant-in-2021

 

He can stay the fuck away from Leiden

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 29/11/2023 at 12:44, Arniepie said:

However, during the break he says he was told by Helen MacNamara, top civil servant, and Edward Lister, then interim chief of staff, that the prime minister didn't "really know what he is doing”.

“Dominic Cummings will be gone in a few weeks, there is no way he can survive the way he’s going on” summarises Javid on what was said to him.

He adds that: “The extent of dysfunctionality was something I had not experienced before in any government.”

 

90572B73-AB13-44C6-8F11-BA9556110D2B.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Section_31 said:

We're through the windshield glass now Alice...

 

 

 

An “enraged” Johnson asked security services to draw up “military options” to obtain “impounded” doses of AstraZeneca vaccine from a plant in Leiden after Britain had negotiated a deal with the company.

 

 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/dec/04/dutch-media-report-claim-boris-johnson-planned-raid-on-vaccine-plant-in-2021

Mental how little attention this is getting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Section_31 said:

We're through the windshield glass now Alice...

 

 

 

An “enraged” Johnson asked security services to draw up “military options” to obtain “impounded” doses of AstraZeneca vaccine from a plant in Leiden after Britain had negotiated a deal with the company.

 

 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/dec/04/dutch-media-report-claim-boris-johnson-planned-raid-on-vaccine-plant-in-2021

 

Ah the auld Etonian attitudes always come to the fore...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...