You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

BT Sport using Flight of the Conchords - Business Time for their Europa League ad...I like BT Sport now.

Even the most appalling and loathsome can do something admirable once in a while.

Like, for example, Paul Scholes calling Robbie Savage a nobhead.

https://vine.co/v/OU2dvgFO0pr

The league doesn't lie.

They may be shite but have been better than everyone bar City and Chelsea.

It clearly does lie sometimes as they have been terrible. At the very least Southampton and probably Arsenal have been better than them. I swear, to a man, every Manc I know is shocked near enough week on week with how badly they've been playing and equally shocked by their position in the league.

It clearly does lie sometimes as they have been terrible. At the very least Southampton and probably Arsenal have been better than them. I swear, to a man, every Manc I know is shocked near enough week on week with how badly they've been playing and equally shocked by their position in the league.

It's actually a bit embarrassing how we keep calling them shite yet trail them by 5 points as things stand with a much worse goal difference, having scored less and conceeded more. We have lost nearly twice as many as them as well.

I'd take their shiteness over our season to date.

Whether it stays that way is debatable of course.

• Upvote 3

Their deal with the powers of darkness must've been renegotiated after last season. They've had only one defeat in 18. By Lucifer's beard,how is that possible. Burnley should've had the cunts for breakfast. We've only ourselves to blame,in so much that the league has regressed in quality and all we had to do was buy a striker in a similar mold to sturridge. Cunts all.

It's actually a bit embarrassing how we keep calling them shite yet trail them by 5 points as things stand with a much worse goal difference, having scored less and conceeded more. We have lost nearly twice as many as them as well.

I'd take their shiteness over our season to date.

Whether it stays that way is debatable of course.

All a bit Evertonian. 

Steven Gerrard ruled out for up to two weeks after picking up hamstring injury in Liverpool's crucial win over Tottenham

• Steven Gerrard will miss the next two weeks after picking up the hamstring injury during Liverpool's vital victory against Tottenham
  • The Liverpool captain came off in the second half of his side's 3-2 win
  • Daniel Sturridge has also expressed his delight at Mario Balotelli's goal
  • Click here for all the latest Liverpool news 

By Dominic King for MailOnline

Published: 23:17, 11 February 2015 | Updated: 23:17, 11 February 2015

Steven Gerrard is set to miss the next crucial phase of Liverpool's season after tweaking his hamstring during the victory over Tottenham Hotspur.

Liverpool's captain came off in the second half of a 3-2 win that has bolstered his side's hopes of qualifying for the Champions League but he is now almost certain to miss the next Barclays Premier League fixture at Southampton on February 22.

Aside from that, Gerrard is also set to be ruled out of this weekend's FA Cup tie against Crystal Palace and, in probability, the Europa League last 32 assignment against Besiktas but Liverpool hope the 34-year-old will be available to face Manchester City on March 1.

2591AEA300000578-0-image-a-55_1423696014

+4

Steven Gerrard has been ruled out until March 1 with a hamstring injury sustained against Tottenham

258DE08C00000578-0-image-m-57_1423696067

+4

Gerrard (centre) celebrates after scoring a penalty to make it 2-1 in Tuesday's crucial win over Tottenham

It is another headache for manager Brendan Rodgers, who only 48 hours earlier discovered that Lucas Leiva will miss between four to six weeks with a damaged thigh.

Better news, though, is the sustained improvement in Daniel Sturridge's fitness and and the England striker talk another step in the right direction against Tottenham. 

He was frustrated not to score but that tempered by his delight at seeing Mario Balotelli finally create some positive headlines for himself.

258DE07C00000578-0-image-m-59_1423696132

+4

Mario Balotelli (45) celebrates with Adam Lallana after scoring the winning goal for Liverpool

Balotelli's best game for Liverpool came alongside Sturridge at White Hart Lane on his debut last August and the 25-year-old believes they can combine as a pair going forward.

Sturridge said: 'He's been waiting for a while to break his duck and been working very hard in training, and now he has scored one in the league I am sure things will start to go his way now.

'For me it's always about trying to help players who are here, not just Mario, but all the boys who are at the club. It's not easy to settle into a new team, a new area, a new lifestyle, with different people around you and so on and so forth. 

258D7E9700000578-0-image-a-62_1423696256

+4

Daniel Sturridge (centre) wins the penalty after he was adjudged to have been brought down by Danny Rose

'People don't ever take that into account. I just try to do my bit, although I'm not taking any credit for him scoring – I'm just happy he did.'

Sturridge added: 'Whatever team the manager chooses to put out I will do my best whoever I have a partnership with. I try to adapt to whoever I am playing with and bring out the best in each other, and we (me and Mario) click when we are playing together.'