You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Ivory Coast win the AFCON on penalties. Boubacar Barry saved a couple of the Ghanaian penalties and Ghana were even 2-0 up in the shoot-out at one point. While Barry stepped up to take the winning kick, he's behaviour in that shoot-out was ridiculous and had they lost, his teammates had every right to go mental at him because his fucking about was ratcheting up the tension for his teammates too. Lucky fucker.

It's weird how teams fail to win tournaments with better players than the ones who do manage to win the competition. Drogba and Zokora at their peak are two players who would unquestionably be first choice, but both retired after several near misses. Same with the Italians in 2006, who won the World Cup with players like Materazzi, after the likes of Maldini had retired.

I actually think Man Utd have managed to regress under van Gaal. How they got rid of Wellbeck (not having the best of seasons either of course) for Falcao I'll never know.

They have no identity or style of play, and have looked right clueless on the (sadly) many occasions I've watched them this year. 

Fellaini is their 2nd most important player now (behind de Gea), as he's saved them on several occasions the last couple of months. Speaks volumes after spending the sums they have.

I rate all of Spurs, Southampton and Arsenal as bigger obstacles to get 4th than this bunch.

I can recommend a trip to redcafe before you all go to bed, mildly amusing the panic that's starting to set in over there.

PS! I know we're behind them and have at least as tough a schedule (because of the Europa), but my god they are awful.

• Upvote 1

I actually think Man Utd have managed to regress under van Gaal. How they got rid of Wellbeck (not having the best of seasons either of course) for Falcao I'll never know.

They have no identity or style of play, and have looked right clueless on the (sadly) many occasions I've watched them this year. 

Fellaini is their 2nd most important player now (behind de Gea), as he's saved them on several occasions the last couple of months. Speaks volumes after spending the sums they have.

I rate all of Spurs, Southampton and Arsenal as bigger obstacles to get 4th than this bunch.

I can recommend a trip to redcafe before you all go to bed, mildly amusing the panic that's starting to set in over there.

PS! I know we're behind them and have at least as tough a schedule (because of the Europa), but my god they are awful.

I have come to terms with level of expection and disappointment from Liverpool. We've had years of not really challenging. So I have come to the point where I will bitch and moan but if we play entertaining footy then I am content. Obviously I want us to win every game but just seeing us progress the way we are is nice for me.

With the mancs - some of the lads in work have no idea of what to say back to me when I hit them with the cold hard facts that they are shit and have spunked £150m or whatever. It's happened to them so fast that they have never experienced this before (the lads I work with are all early 30's). I fuckin love it. Ok they are above us and are in the top 4 but the panic on their faces when I wind them up is incredible. They come back at me with 'bin dipper' and 'get a job' so I just laugh and shake my head. I really hope they finish outside top 4 and LVG is found out.