You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Great Documentaries

chauncey

Watched Woodstock for the first time in years..... 10/10 brilliant film at a time when festivals were about turning up getting pissed and stoned having a great time and yeah peace and love...and not a celebrity millionaire in show were its all bout hey look at me in my funky wellies and getting down with the "kids" photo shoot . or getting a ticket not because of who's on but so you can tell everyone on Facebook.

And what a fucking lineup...Sly and the Family Stone, Canned Heat Grateful Dead , Credence , Jefferson Airplane , Santana , The Who, The Band , Crosby Stills Nash and Young and Jim Hendrix to name but a few.

And not a Gold Circle ticket in sight.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've watched some cracking ones this week.

America Vs James J Bulger; FBI corruption and organised crime in Boston. What the film "The Departed" is loosely based on I believe.

The Hornets Nest; American operations in Afghanistan.

Fire In the Night; Piper Alpha

Hactivision; Anonymous and LulzSec.

I've been enjoying "inside the American mob" series on YouTube which give a brief overview focusing on different events such as the phily war, fall of the mob, joe pistone and rise of gotti. It's got former members talking about their time, hits and life its entertaining if not "great".

It's great to watch snippets of it while shaving / taking a shit.

I've watched some cracking ones this week.

America Vs James J Bulger; FBI corruption and organised crime in Boston. What the film "The Departed" is loosely based on I believe.

The Hornets Nest; American operations in Afghanistan.

Fire In the Night; Piper Alpha

Hactivision; Anonymous and LulzSec.

Thought The Departed was based on the Chinese film, Infernal Affairs?

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone with a slight interest in the NFL, HBO's Hard Knocks is ace. New series at the start of each season following one team through training camp (pre season) and as always well made, interesting and engaging.

This years follows the Houston Texans and started in the US last Tuesday.

Last year it was shown before the channel 4 Sunday morning NFL programme each week, but I hardly ever watch actual tv now, so don't know if that's on again this year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone seen this? Or able to get a *cough* torrent *cough*?

Requiem for the American Dream:

REQUIEM FOR THE AMERICAN DREAM is the definitive discourse with Noam Chomsky, widely regarded as the most important intellectual alive, on the defining characteristic of our time - the deliberate concentration of wealth and power in the hands of a select few. Through interviews filmed over four years, Chomsky unpacks the principles that have brought us to the crossroads of historically unprecedented inequality - tracing a half- century of policies designed to favor the most wealthy at the expense of the majority - while also looking back on his own life of activism and political participation. Profoundly personal and thought provoking, Chomsky provides penetrating insight into what may well be the lasting legacy of our time - the death of the middle class, and swan song of functioning democracy. A potent reminder that power ultimately rests in the hands of the governed, REQUIEM is required viewing for all who maintain hope in a shared stake in the future.

Written by Jared P. Scott

Anyone seen this? Or able to get a *cough* torrent *cough*?

Requiem for the American Dream:

REQUIEM FOR THE AMERICAN DREAM is the definitive discourse with Noam Chomsky, widely regarded as the most important intellectual alive, on the defining characteristic of our time - the deliberate concentration of wealth and power in the hands of a select few. Through interviews filmed over four years, Chomsky unpacks the principles that have brought us to the crossroads of historically unprecedented inequality - tracing a half- century of policies designed to favor the most wealthy at the expense of the majority - while also looking back on his own life of activism and political participation. Profoundly personal and thought provoking, Chomsky provides penetrating insight into what may well be the lasting legacy of our time - the death of the middle class, and swan song of functioning democracy. A potent reminder that power ultimately rests in the hands of the governed, REQUIEM is required viewing for all who maintain hope in a shared stake in the future.

Written by Jared P. Scott[/size]

Yep theres is the man who is tall happy also.