You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suárez issue seen from Uruguay

C. N. de F.

Apparently the Ajax supporters also sung the were not racist we only hate mancs chant as well.

Also the Suarez tweet had a part not translated and to me shows how much class the guy has .After thanking LFC fans for our incredible support he says, "with their permission I would like to thank the Ajax fans".....

Also this picture was with the tweet.

0wydm.jpg

Here s a few more taken off rawk.

p0yhR.jpg

ALQXS.jpg

7gkOL.jpg

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After all the shite that's gone on over the last few months, this thread has restored some of my faith in being a football fan. The way that Liverpool, Ajax and Nacional fans have come together is just heartwarming and must mean the world to Luis.

This is what I signed up to all those years ago when I decided to be a football fan, not the corrput, cheating, lying bullshit that teams/managers/fans/associations/journos have become since the new Sky generation got involved.

After all the shite that's gone on over the last few months, this thread has restored some of my faith in being a football fan. The way that Liverpool, Ajax and Nacional fans have come together is just heartwarming and must mean the world to Luis.

This is what I signed up to all those years ago when I decided to be a football fan, not the corrput, cheating, lying bullshit that teams/managers/fans/associations/journos have become since the new Sky generation got involved.

But these are all clubs that have had suarez as their own. I don't see anyone outside these clubs being objective. Who else has claimed that Suarez was convicted based on what his accuser claims ? No one. Everyone else just swallows the rhetoric: "he's a racist", "sell him", "punish him" etc.

I can only hope this is just localised football.

But these are all clubs that have had suarez as their own. I don't see anyone outside these clubs being objective. Who else has claimed that Suarez was convicted based on what his accuser claims ? No one. Everyone else just swallows the rhetoric: "he's a racist", "sell him", "punish him" etc.

I think in any Country apart from this one he'd have been given a fair trial and people looked at both sides, whereas here everyone just swallows the shite fed to them by the red tops and sky who love controversy and starting a witchhunt

Then on the flip side, other than Utd fans/players, who has come out and supported Evra? Not a single international teammate or a previous teammate or even previous clubs fans he's played, not a single word in support.. That says everything I need to know about Evra.

Stop trying to fuck up this warm feeling I'm having!! :yes:

I totally understand it Sir. The meaning of the word "negro" are different in your country as well as here. And such thing should be the argument to understand that Suárez didn't commit a racist attitude when he said "negro" to Evra because in his uruguayan-thinking-mind the fact of telling "negro" a black one is NOT being racist.

That'd have been taking into account by the members of the court that sanctioned against Luis.

Hola,

gracias por halar con nosotros

Y que opinas las frases de Evra ' Sudaca' y 'concha de tu hermana'?. Segun el FA son inofensivas pero la frase 'por qué negro' si es considerado ofensiva. La razon dado por el FA? Porque Luis no hablo de manera conciliatoria y reclamaron que no podia ser conciliatoria con la cara desgraciada y que fue imposible en el contexto de la discusion (empezado en espanol por Evra con un insulto!) ! Eso fue sus 'pruebas'! . Increible, no ?

Sabias tambien que segun Luis las colegas sudamericanas de Evra Hernandez y Valencia le llaman negro y negrito todo el tiempo y no hay problema? Pero el FA no lo acepto como evidencia ?

Hi Liverpool supporters.

Firstly I have to say I'm reading all your comments and I agree with all the ones who are in favour of Suárez.

LFC:

Sometimes the word "Sudaca" as it's used by some Europeans, has pejorative connotation because it's interpretated as the ones who live in over-developed countries of the Southamerican continent. In my opinion when an European or Northamerican call a Latinamerican "sudaca" not always pretends harm nor discriminate him, it's just a way they have to identificate us as a culture belonger of Uruguay.

I personally, if I were a football player and somebody call me "sudaca" in a pitch, he surely would be calling me in a pejorative way and I would also answer him something I know he would get offended. BUT, it would never crosses my mind to denounce the one who told me "sudaca" because those are things that come only up in a football match or other competition trying to take a sporting profit about it. It's the same as saying "puto" (gay), "son of a bitch", "sorete" (shit), etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

What Evra did is doubled inqualificated in a persecution sense, if he did it in such sense with the intention of send Suárez off the Liverpool and English Football speaks really bad about him and if he did it moved by a personal cause also speaks really bad about him.

As a "sudaca", I personally feel really glad about being Uruguayan, living in a conutry as Uruguay with a huge culture, a big respect upon Human Righst and individual free, upon freedom of expression, upon the tolerance towards others opinions, upon the equallity between men, and for being a country that cultivates fraternity between all its inhabitants.

As I already told you we all have a good develop at all aspects in spite of being very small.

I really like you to visit Uruguay, not only because of knowing Uruguay but also to know Uruguayans and his being, feel and think way. We're a small country with a big medium-class and glad about what we are. Our people works all around the world at a high grade of qualifications. Surely, if some of you got to know some Uruguayans you will understand what I'm telling to you all.

Of course, there might be some other Uruguayans (as at every parts of the world), that don't hoist this values I'm telling you. If you are unfortunate enough to come across some of this kind of Uruguayans put them aside but know they do NOT represents tha mayority of inhabitants Uruguayan that it's like I'm describing it.

I'll soon send you pictures of our capital Montevideo, its buildings, its beaches, its people, as well as pictures of "El Gran Parque Central" stadium of my dear Nacional.

I'm seventeen years old and I'm studying Food Engineering and this year I'm expected to be on University and I hope to meet you one day in England or in Uruguay.

I advice you to log in Ajax of Holland forums to generate a Luis Suárez massive support of the three countries (Uruguay, England and the Netherlands).

Last night, at the Nacional match it was really impressive to see the muestras the apoyo a Luis Suárez and I'm about to download some pictures and videos about it.

Regards and once more;

Thumbs up for Nacional, Luis Suárez and Liverpool!

Here's the link it shows the yesterday party of Nacional coming up the pitch.

GALERÃA VS LIBERTAD

Nacional has a lot more supporters. The problem is Nacional plays at his stadium (Gran Parque Central, that unlike Peñarol who doesn't have any stadium) and doesn't do it at the Centenario Stadium (the government Stadium).

See the pictures, watch the videos and enjoy one of the best celebrations there are.

Thanks for the informative reply C.N.F. We'll have to show you some photos of our games too ! The atmosphere was amazing! I don't think our stewards and police would be too happy if we tried to get in with the flares but it used to happen in the 1980's!

My wife and I would move to Uruguay tomorrow if we could! I'd miss matchday at Anfield and a few people of course but 'Ojala!'.

In general, policemen don't make trouble about entering the stadium with banners or flags or flares. It's really an excellent reception from Nacional supporters.

I'll download some videos about matches between Nacional against Peñarol (the big classic match, as well as Liverpool against Manchester United) and you'll see the reception which is really amazing.

If you come to Uruguay, you know, let me know it and I'll take you to the Nacional stadium and show the rest of the city of Montevideo which is said to be the "Switzerland of América" and I back it, of course, and I also think it's kind a "Miami in miniature".

Regards to both.

• 3 months later...
Guest San Don

Luis opens himself to further problems with the FA perhaps?

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez says FA convicted him 'without any proof' over Patrice Evra race row - Telegraph

The 25 year-old says that the FA wanted "to get rid of a Liverpool player" when the accusations of racism flared up on October 15 when United visited their arch-rivals at Anfield.

The Uruguay forward was subsequently banned by the FA having been found guilty, by an independent panel, of racially abusing the French defender.

Suarez, who signed for Liverpool from Ajax Amsterdam in the summer of 2011 for a club record £22.8 million, was ordered not to appeal the decision by the club.

He aggravated matters further when, back from suspension, Liverpool travelled to Old Trafford and he ignored the hand of Evra at the start of the match.

Suarez has never apologised to Evra personally for what has happened and, speaking on Russia Today, has made clear he feels he has no cause to.

"My conscience is clear [on Evra]." he said.

"The suspension, I suppose, you could call strange and unbelievable. Without a single shred of proof, they suspended me.

"I accepted it without saying anything obviously because they could have made [the suspension] longer and it would have just made the whole thing continue, but my conscience is completely clear, and so is that of the club and my family.

"There was not a single convincing proof that I had done any of the things they accused me of doing. I am very calm about all of it. I have played all my childhood and everyone knows that in Uruguay there is a huge black population.

"I had team-mates and friends of both colours all the time in the national team, in Liverpool, in Holland, where the majority [of players] are from Surinam, and I never had any problem with them."

He continued: "Holland is one of the countries in the world where there is the highest number of black players and at no point was there an issue.

"Well, these are the things about football. It seems to me that they had to get rid of a Liverpool player and, well, they definitely were gratified by all of this."

Suarez's comments were published a day after The Professional Footballers Association made clear that they would like to make racist abuse on the field a sackable offence next season.

PFA chief Gordon Taylor announced the proposal on Thursday, which would see a clause to that effect written in to players' contracts.

It will need the backing of the Professional Football Negotiating and Consultative Committee, which includes the Premier and Football League, but Taylor told The Guardian: "I don't see a problem with that being introduced.

"It just highlights the point in the standard players' contract. It would say that racist abuse, if found guilty, will be classed as gross misconduct and a reason to terminate a contract.

"I feel it's important to highlight it, bearing in mind what has happened, and not mess about with it and not afford for anybody to be ambiguous about what the consequences are.

"I'm not saying it's ambiguous [now]. But just to really put it in there means there is no misunderstanding on how seriously we take it.

"If any player is found guilty of racist abuse, the club and the player need to be aware that could be a solid reason for terminating the contract."

I'm not saying it's ambiguous [now]. But just to really put it in there means there is no misunderstanding on how seriously we take it.

Except when it's someone English, eh Gordon? Like Stuart Pearce, perhaps?

Stuart regrets what he said. It was said in the heat of the moment.

He wants to make sure everybody knows he is sorry and hopefully that will be the end of the matter. I am sure Paul will accept the apology in the manner in which it is intended.

Gordon Taylor speaking in 1994 after Pearce allegedly racially abused Paul Ince.

"It just highlights the point in the standard players' contract. It would say that racist abuse, if found guilty, will be classed as gross misconduct and a reason to terminate a contract.

Found guilty by whom? A kangaroo court put together by the FA who rule on probability? Or found guilty by a court of law? And if 'found guilty' is it mandatory that the club terminate the contract?

Guest davelfc

So I assume any player of any colour can have another player sacked because he says he called him a colour. The FA are a joke, I hope this stupid ruling about sacking players is after the result of a proper trial with real evidence and not some jumped up kangaroo court that was never impartial to begin with.

"My conscience is clear [on Evra]." he said.

"The suspension, I suppose, you could call strange and unbelievable. Without a single shred of proof, they suspended me.

At which point the FA say "How dare he say 'without a single shred of proof'? We've got.... erm... y'know... there was that... wasn't there?"

I can't find the interview on Russia Today, but ESPN are also running with it.

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez: Conscience clear over 'strange' ban - ESPN Soccernet

ESPN includes a bit more than the Torygraph.

The Uruguayan forward believes that he was targeted for a long-ban because of the club he plays for, whilst also insisting that he cares little for the opinions of opposition fans.

"It seems to me they had to get rid of a Liverpool player and, well, they definitely were gratified by all of this. What the English press has said about me does not interest me,'' he added.

"What interests me is what they say about me in Uruguay and in Liverpool, and they have always been very supportive. After the suspension I was told the fans would taunt me, they would whistle me, insult me and shout at me, but to be honest it is not something I was worried about.

"Everyone whistled me in all of the stadiums I played in all the time anyway, even before the allegation of racism. I tried to pay it as little attention as possible to focus on what I like to do, which is to play."