You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

Just now, Bjornebye said:

What are you getting her then? An orbital sander because thats just come up on my instagram as a suggested product, about 5 days ago I showed her the bennie benassie video whatever it is with the birds doing diy 

She picked her own main presents this was just a little surprise one but it's happened before loads of times and she says to me "you thinking about getting surround sound", "you been looking at this coat" its fucked up.  

Yappers. I've got two people through work and one neighbour who keep you chatting for ages. The work ones literally just phone for a chat but can keep talking for anywhere between 40 minutes and an hour at a go. One does it every single day, usually when you're busy.

What these people all have in common too is that they don't listen to you either, but talk over you. They don't want a conversation, they just want to offload, usually because they live alone. I have genuinely contemplated suicide while they've been in full flow.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yappers. I've got two people through work and one neighbour who keep you chatting for ages. The work ones literally just phone for a chat but can keep talking for anywhere between 40 minutes and an hour at a go. One does it every single day, usually when you're busy.

What these people all have in common too is that they don't listen to you either, but talk over you. They don't want a conversation, they just want to offload, usually because they live alone. I have genuinely contemplated suicide while they've been in full flow.

These types always claim to be unbelievably busy at all times as well. 

It’s virtually impossible to get a decent pie from a supermarket nowadays. I can’t remember the last time I saw a Scotch Pie in Morrisons, Sainsbury’s, etc. Anything from in-house bakeries tends to be cheap and nasty. Pukka Pies were once an acceptable, convenient option but they are a fucking disgrace now. They used to be deep-filled but now there’s little more than a tablespoon of meat and gravy, and the pie lids could double as manhole covers. In recent times there has been a proliferation of so-called gourmet pies - Pieminister, Higgidy, Jon Thorner, etc. Even the supermarkets sell own brand “gastro” pies. These fuckers, almost without fail, contain alcohol, which is fuck all use to someone such as myself who avoids alcohol in food. I can understand steak and ale pies but you don’t fucking need white wine in a chicken and mushroom pie.

3 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

It’s virtually impossible to get a decent pie from a supermarket nowadays. I can’t remember the last time I saw a Scotch Pie in Morrisons, Sainsbury’s, etc. Anything from in-house bakeries tends to be cheap and nasty. Pukka Pies were once an acceptable, convenient option but they are a fucking disgrace now. They used to be deep-filled but now there’s little more than a tablespoon of meat and gravy, and the pie lids could double as manhole covers. In recent times there has been a proliferation of so-called gourmet pies - Pieminister, Higgidy, Jon Thorner, etc. Even the supermarkets sell own brand “gastro” pies. These fuckers, almost without fail, contain alcohol, which is fuck all use to someone such as myself who avoids alcohol in food. I can understand steak and ale pies but you don’t fucking need white wine in a chicken and mushroom pie.

No scouse pies in the main stand today. Unreal 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for apartments with my friend. We find this place, we go to a showing so obviously the landlord meets us. It's basically perfect, everything we want. We apply for it. Few days later, it's rejected, I ask is there something wrong with our application? "No, nothing wrong, we just don't want roomates" this fucking guy says. So what does that mean? They only want couples? If we were gay, we could live there? Fuming. Fucking joke and a waste of time.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

I'm looking for apartments with my friend. We find this place, we go to a showing so obviously the landlord meets us. It's basically perfect, everything we want. We apply for it. Few days later, it's rejected. "We don't want roomates" this fucking guy says. So what does that mean? They only want couples? If we were gay, we could live there? Fuming. Fucking joke and a waste of time.

Why did the two of you go for a one bedroom then?

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

So they wanted two couples?

Why, that’s mad as that would create more wear and tear and suchlike.

Are there other details?

Do the two of you dress and act like punks?

No, the showing went well, the landlord was nice. He just rejected our application after and was like "we don't want roomates". Like, what the fuck. Could have said that at the showing. 

I think I have mentioned before that we have a generation of people who have convinced themselves they fought in the war when they didn't 

I think this delusion is what drives the Linkedin lot. I have some on mine who like anything that makes them (in their own eyes at least) a forward thinker and they bask in the reflected glory or ideas of others

Roads made from discarded plastic bottles

Carbon neutral initiatives 

Block chain 

Some of them think they are Alan Turing as they have liked enough articles about him

• Upvote 1

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

No, the showing went well, the landlord was nice. He just rejected our application after and was like "we don't want roomates". Like, what the fuck. Could have said that at the showing. 

This has the hallmarks of a millennial Simon LFC Green tale.

Tell us more, what’s your ‘friends’ most redeeming feature? 

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Probably thought you might fill him in. Or up. 

2 minutes ago, Liverpool lad said:

I think I have mentioned before that we have a generation of people who have convinced themselves they fought in the war when they didn't 

I think this delusion is what drives the Linkedin lot. I have some on mine who like anything that makes them (in their own eyes at least) a forward thinker and they bask in the reflected glory or ideas of others

Roads made from discarded plastic bottles

Carbon neutral initiatives 

Block chain 

Some of them think they are Alan Turing as they have liked enough articles about him

My mate used to have classic fm as one of his top pre-set stations in his car. Never ever listened to it, just used to make a point of people seeing it if you ever got in. Fucking blowtorches all of them. 

• Upvote 1

On 28/09/2021 at 06:58, Paulie Dangerously said:

As a new vegetarian/pescatarian I am now victimised like Remmie. We're basically Jews in pre-war Berlin in terms of discrimination. 

Sick of people asking me about protein, how one person will make a difference, why I'm eating meat replacements and posing hypothetical questions about what I'd do if I was on an island and had to eat meat to survive. 

Mind your own fucking business. 

I find the condescension to be the worst.

"Wow, I wish I could do that."

Maybe put down the chicken wings and give it a go then. You also get asked the same questions again and again. Erm, how about googling it?

27 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I don’t mind that. Helpful if you’ve nodded off.  

It's big brother gone wild is what it is. I'll turn Netflix off when I'm damn well good and ready. 

This is Dave Chappelle, final scene, prosthetic cocks under each arm, 'say hello to my little friend!'.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's big brother gone wild is what it is. I'll turn Netflix off when I'm damn well good and ready. 

This is Dave Chappelle, final scene, prosthetic cocks under each arm, 'say hello to my little friend!'.

It’s not like they’re saying “bend her over now mate she’s ready for the finale”