You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FA Cup draw

fowler9

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Times have changed. Thank God. We have a manager who takes cup games seriously and wont be lobbing in the likes of a reserve keeper who doesn't even play in the reserves.

You didnt need to spell it out...I try not to think about it but it comes back all too easily...*shudders*

I'd say thats quite inlikely.

Great draw for us, should allow us to rest players before the City game. I think its the midweek after the FA cup.

By 8th of January a better estimate for you then? I won't be surprised if they struggle on Wednesday against Basel. The Swiss are a pretty good home team, and if they have a real go the Mancs could be in trouble, as they rely pretty heavily on their defence to bail them out these days. Without Hernandez they don't have the same threat on the counter either...

I know it's been done to death on many threads but it's fantastic that we no longer have to fear how our second string will fare against the weaker teams in the cups.

I'm hoping we see the likes of Flanaghan, Robinson (when is he expected to be fit again?), Shelvey, Spearing and Henderson all played in their best positions. It would be good to see Coady involved as well.

By 8th of January a better estimate for you then? I won't be surprised if they struggle on Wednesday against Basel. The Swiss are a pretty good home team, and if they have a real go the Mancs could be in trouble, as they rely pretty heavily on their defence to bail them out these days. Without Hernandez they don't have the same threat on the counter either...

Predicting that the FA cup third round is gonna take place before christmas is a pretty poor show.

I know it's been done to death on many threads but it's fantastic that we no longer have to fear how our second string will fare against the weaker teams in the cups.

I'm hoping we see the likes of Flanaghan, Robinson (when is he expected to be fit again?), Shelvey, Spearing and Henderson all played in their best positions. It would be good to see Coady involved as well.

So true. Our second string is now a very good side. Can't remember when the last time that was.

So true. Our second string is now a very good side. Can't remember when the last time that was.

Exactly. In fact, in some positions it isn't universally clear what players are the first string and which are the second. For instance, there's a lot of debate on here in terms of Kelly v Johnson. Also, Maxi and Bellamy are considered by many to be better options than Kuyt and Downing. I think it's a fantastic sign.

Although I'm laughing at the Manc scum I still have a feeling the draw against City is a conspiracy gone wrong, somehow. The chances of them two teams drawing each other are remote to say the least. Something fishy goes on with these draws but for once its against the Scum.

Although I'm laughing at the Manc scum I still have a feeling the draw against City is a conspiracy gone wrong, somehow. The chances of them two teams drawing each other are remote to say the least. Something fishy goes on with these draws but for once its against the Scum.

So...when the scum get drawn against lower league fodder it's a conspiracy, yet drawing the best team in the country is also a conspiracy? Eh? Or is this irony?

Hate to tell you this, but the chance of Utd drawing City is exactly the same as Utd drawing any single other team in the draw.

Slur Alex will be seething with rage at this Fa cup draw!!

I had genuinely erased that Barnsley match from my memory. How the fuck did we lose that???

Worryingly our record in cup competions at Anfield over recent years hasn't been great. Reading, Barnsley and Northampton have all knocked us out over the past few years, hopefully that's all behind us now.