You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Film moments that blew you away...

Section_31

Bit of a long clip this one, it's basically the last ten minutes of the film. Leon was the first 18 certificate film me and my mate managed to get into the cinema to see, and the films ending blew me away.

I didn't think 4D was around back then! Cracking choice of film though. Leon really is one of the best films of the 90s.

Every aspect of that film is a masterclass: acting, design, story, marketing.

They got everything right, and all without a gargantuan budget.

I'm just bitter that I was too young to see it when it came out in the cinema. Mind you, I couldn't get in to see Aliens either.

Although I did see Alien 3 and 4 on the big screen

*smallest cheer ever*

Alien:Resurrection was the only one I got to see at the cinema. Unfortunately. The fuckers responsible for that should be lined up against a wall and shot in the throat.

Whilst I don't think that Alien 3 is as bad as many make it out to be I do tend to pretend there are only two Alien films.

The lobby scene in the Matrix. I remember just being in awe of it as a 13 year old. Doesn't look so good now though.

[YOUTUBE]XX8Y5-BZLaM[/YOUTUBE]

Repped but I disagree - still looks stylish to me.

[YOUTUBE]1l_8kZLSbko&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

The whole exosuit battle is a thing of beauty. I'd also add this

[YOUTUBE]8gciFoEbOA8[/YOUTUBE]

Saving private Ryan was probably the major one for me.

The first sighting of the Dinosaurs in Jurassic Park was pretty immense too.

Multiple moments in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. battle of helms deep, lighting of the beacons.

All ver visual & epic. In terms of storytelling its hard to beat the end of Usual Suspects. IMo that had a wow factor

Most of 2001 : A Space Odyssey was mind blowing.

Especially the opening sequence, the segue into the space age, and the jaw dropping end sequence.

I would LOVE to see that film at the pictures. Dave.

I said in the film thread only last week that the "bank heist shootout" from Heat leaves you breatless.

Searching for Rosebud in the fire ?

The crucifix scene in The Exorcist was also incredible, as were the respective rape scenes in Straw Dogs and the I Spit on Your Grave.

The "cut your cock off in the bath" scene from the same film was especially eye watering stuff.

Some film directors just cannot seem to avoid mind blowing, masterpiece moments; Scorcese, Kubrick, Speilberg, Lynch, Leone...take your pick.

Whether it's by sheer fluke, devine inspiration or just sheer longevity, take your pick; all of them are / were just genius film makers.