You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A week off booze

Redder Lurtz

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't drink in the week or anything and can sometimes go weeks without it and like to go running, go to a boxing club to stay fit but when I do drink I go to town on it, sometimes till about 8 or 9 in the morning, I'm your classic binge drinker, but its a new year and a new start.

I don't know mate really. Just open my mouth and pour it in. It's not as if I drink that much very often though, at least not recently. Most I've had recently was about 18 pints when I did the Pennine ale trail but that was spread over around ten hours. It certainly takes me longer to recover these days; took me two days to recover from the ale trail. I reckon I'm happy to stay off the drink during the week. I think nothing of having a full bottle of wine on a week night but equally having no booze at all has not bothered me at all this week.

Mine is 15 on the Otley Run. Absolutely killed me, especially when we hit the clubs about half 11.

After this week I'll be off booze Sunday to Thursday and not going over the top on a weekend. Some new work commitments will need me sober and I'm committing to losing 2 stone before the Spring. Need to get ouut running too, dreading that.

Yeah that's what I do usually. No drinks on a work night. I used to get so bored on sober nights but now I just go for a jog, do some weights and watch TV box-sets. It has worked well with weight loss.

Sometimes though, if work has been a cunt, I'll cheat and have a few beers on the way home on a Thursday.

I have about 40 bottles of wine in the back living room, a (nother) bottle of Polish Bison Grass vodka in the freezer, about a litre of Scrumpy Jack and about the same amount of Old Rosie, a couple of small bottles of Jack, a small bottle of Jim Beam (which I detest), a load of Stella, San Miguel, Pironi and various other cans of assorted lager's and ciders knocking about in the kitchen fridge and the loft fridge.

Over the festive period I have knocked back enough booze to sink a fucking battleship.

Since I stopped drinking (doctors orders) and then subsequently started again (in the spring) I just do not get hangovers anymore...but my 42 year old liver is feeling fucked beyond belief.

Gonna take a few days off, but back out on Friday night for my best mates birthday, he's the nutter that used to drink Blue Stratos btw, so things might get a bit blurry.

Yeah that's what I do usually. No drinks on a work night. I used to get so bored on sober nights but now I just go for a jog, do some weights and watch TV box-sets. It has worked well with weight loss.

Sometimes though, if work has been a cunt, I'll cheat and have a few beers on the way home on a Thursday.

I can't do the couple of beers and home thing, it's either all or nothing with me, I'm off it now though untill February after taking my inspiration from the 'not boozing' thread

Guest Pistonbroke
I have about 40 bottles of wine in the back living room, a (nother) bottle of Polish Bison Grass vodka in the freezer, about a litre of Scrumpy Jack and about the same amount of Old Rosie, a couple of small bottles of Jack, a small bottle of Jim Beam (which I detest), a load of Stella, San Miguel, Pironi and various other cans of assorted lager's and ciders knocking about in the kitchen fridge and the loft fridge.

Over the festive period I have knocked back enough booze to sink a fucking battleship.

Since I stopped drinking (doctors orders) and then subsequently started again (in the spring) I just do not get hangovers anymore...but my 42 year old liver is feeling fucked beyond belief.

Gonna take a few days off, but back out on Friday night for my best mates birthday, he's the nutter that used to drink Blue Stratos btw, so things might get a bit blurry.

I know how you feel mate, my liver is glad I'm back to work tomorrow.