You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

Words cant even describe how much hatred I have for this man, thankfully his embarrassing quotes are no longer while as our manager.

Hodgson blots out bad cup memories for visit to Bournemouth - FA & League Cups, Football - The Independent

"I've yet to win a Carlsberg Cup tie, or whatever you call it," said Hodgson, who spent most of his managerial career on the Continent, yesterday. "I don't even know what it's called and I've yet to win one. So I've got a 100 per cent record since coming back to England. I've played four, lost four, I think."

In the Standard he expounds his theory that internet use makes you a bad person. The nice proper fans don't use it

"I am not convinced the internet is a true reflection of what people in general think of anything, least of all in football clubs. 'Interneters' or 'twitterters', whatever you call them, want to make themselves a bit special by getting their voices heard.

"In the past, newspapers relied on their sources within the club. Now what you read in the papers just comes from people shifting through the internet. But there is a large body of people out there who care about their club. They are much more fair-minded but their opinions don't get canvassed because they do not broadcast them."

Would love a gif of him going mental during the Chelsea game. The way his arms were moving around it looked like a mix of strange raving and rapping, and then you have the usual Roy mad face with it. Was funny but with that adding feeling of amazement you sometimes get when seeing anyone so angry.

"It was a job I had to accept, albeit knowing that I would be going in there, to some extent, on the back foot because a takeover was in the offing and I wasn't the fans' choice and the guy who wanted the job and who was passed over for me, was the fans' choice.

"Everyone knows that. In the fans' eyes Kenny should have been given the job in the first place, but wasn't. But it was an interesting experience and all the things that don't destroy you, make you stronger."

He's speaking as if we did more damage to him than he did to us.

He brought in a bunch of absolutely shite players, some of the worst to have graced Anfield whom we're now having troubles getting rid of, he left us in 12th place and got a 7m quid pay off for his trouble, and he's spinning the "What doesn't destroy you makes you stronger" line? What the fuck are you on about?

Really gets my blood boiling this guy. Absolute horrible cunt of a man.

No Roy, the fucking respective league tables in January and May say Kenny should have been given the job.

The only thing I comfort myself with really in hindsight was that Kenny never had to manage under the cancers and the fact that it was under his spectacularly shite reign that we finally squeezed what life was left out of H&G.

Words cant even describe how much hatred I have for this man, thankfully his embarrassing quotes are no longer while as our manager.

Hodgson blots out bad cup memories for visit to Bournemouth - FA & League Cups, Football - The Independent

"I've yet to win a Carlsberg Cup tie, or whatever you call it," said Hodgson, who spent most of his managerial career on the Continent, yesterday. "I don't even know what it's called and I've yet to win one. So I've got a 100 per cent record since coming back to England. I've played four, lost four, I think."

That doesn't sound like Roy "Barclays Premier League" Hodgson, showing ignorance to a sponsor like that!

I actually hate Roy Hodgson. There are plenty of former Liverpool staff who were shit who I don't dislike, but Hodgson really riles me. That he was shit was bad enough, but when you couple it with the utter arrogance that he speaks with and the complete denial of any of his own wrongdoing, there's some serious vitriol build up there. He's not even got the balls to stand up and say "I really struggled to cope with the expectation and was out of my depth."

His time in charge set the club back a lot further than the actual physical time that passed while he was here.

Owl faced cunt.

Just think, we could have had a side with Carlton Cole, Paul Konchesky and Christian Poulsen in now. A score draw with Bolton would have been considered a 'famous result', and any unrest among the fans would be greeted with comments along the lines of 'Liverpool isn't what it used to be, these fans needs to accept that.'

It was like putting Captain Pugwash in charge of the Queen Mary. A coward, a loser, and a general all-round disgrace. He should be expunged from the Anfield annals. As far as I'm concerned, there was no manager between Rafa and Dalglish.

Just think, we could have had a side with Carlton Cole, Paul Konchesky and Christian Poulsen in now. A score draw with Bolton would have been considered a 'famous result', and any unrest among the fans would be greeted with comments along the lines of 'Liverpool isn't what it used to be, these fans needs to accept that.'

It was like putting Captain Pugwash in charge of the Queen Mary. A coward, a loser, and a general all-round disgrace. He should be expunged from the Anfield annals. As far as I'm concerned, there was no manager between Rafa and Dalglish.

But as sure as night follows day, there will be somebody reading this that is still trying to justify everything he said, everything he did and everyone he signed. Possibly more than one person. Unbelievably.

• Upvote 1

how smug all my non-red mates were at the end of the season after i said he was hopeless and would take West Brom down and they just said it was our players egos were the reason he did shit here, well heres hoping they go down this time and i can have the last laugh

i fucking hate that senile old cunt

From a West Brom forum on their match thread today. Sound familiar?

What will get us relegated is if we keep playing the style of football we did today, just no adventurism or creativity that we're used to seeing. Playing hoofball just won't work for us. We aren't a hoofball team, we aren't a hoofball club and the players aren't suited to playing hoofball. Hodgson needs to remember that playing football being daring and adventurous was what won us our success last season. If he wants to try and turn us into a Stoke tribute act then he might as well quit now because no good will come of it.

"I can relate to Bob Paisley's record of course, because I won many trophies in my days as manager of AFC Fuckschultz's reserve team in Finland."

I think there was a bit on the end of that..."where we played on a small Island and would often get snowed in for months. Once I was marooned with just a tin of Sardines for company, I had a difficult choice to make, did I eat them or make friends with them? In the end I decided to eat 4, used the 5th on my chapped lips and developed a close relationship with the last. It was difficult decisions like those that gave me the grounding I needed to be the Manager I am today. I hate chapped lips".