You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Drogba rumour

gkmacca

Yes you are.

Hmm, well then I can see his potential where you cannot.

If you look at other big strikers in the league then they are either slow, can only hold up the ball or just used for flicks using headers.

Drogba and Carroll are faster than the average big striker and can do all of those, the only difference between the two is pace as mentioned already (Drogba being faster). I dont find it completly absurd to suggest that someone who is 11 years younger than Drogba but built like him and plays in the same way can become better than him.

Just looking at the complete picture mind....

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, well then I can see his potential where you cannot.

If you look at other big strikers in the league then they are either slow, can only hold up the ball or just used for flicks using headers.

Drogba and Carroll are faster than the average big striker and can do all of those, the only difference between the two is pace as mentioned already (Drogba being faster). I dont find it completly absurd to suggest that someone who is 11 years younger than Drogba but built like him and plays in the same way can become better than him.

Just looking at the complete picture mind....

6 months of half decent football...

Big lump who has a poor first touch, doesn't have any real pace and isn't in the same league as Drogba ability wise.

I know he's 'ours' and it isn't the done thing but we got ripped off with the lad.

Love the way Lampard just turns away disinterested , having seen Dogbra's fake death scene so many times before. He can't even be arsed moaning to the ref

Haha, didn't even notice that, pretty comical the way the gif has him walking off too. He's literally swerving the whole idea of getting involved.

Big lump who has a poor first touch, doesn't have any real pace and isn't in the same league as Drogba ability wise.

I know he's 'ours' and it isn't the done thing but we got ripped off with the lad.

But on the positive side, he does have nice hair.

Oh, wait. No he doesn't.

Exactly.

I hope and pray the lad is a massive success here.

I just don't see it and I don't care how many people try to argue otherwise we massively overpaid for him.

I agree totally.

I trust in Kenny judgement and the King has the ability to make players run off confidence alone. So thats why I think Carroll could be good for us.

But i'm not expecting loads. I am hopefully and 400% supportive, but as a realist, I can't lie and pretend that I am dead cert he'll become a success.

Also, this 'great touch for a big guy' stuff; i just dont see it. Carrolls ball control seems largely off. But that is one thing I think may come with match fitness.

Exactly.

I hope and pray the lad is a massive success here.

I just don't see it and I don't care how many people try to argue otherwise we massively overpaid for him.

Said similar when we actually signed him. Hope we're proved wrong.

I can remember the same thing being said when Kenny bought Digger.Alot of people can see the potential in the lad,but I do agree on paying to much for him.

Then again if he reaches his potential it will end up a bargain,if the fees of players keep on rising.

As to getting dogbreath haha,theres more chance of the pope running around times square in a pink thong,shouting bring me the choirboys than him signing here.

Guest TK-421

No ta. We've had our fingers burned with Chelsea cast-offs by taking that useless corinthian spackerhead Joe Cole and giving him absurd wages. Torres redressed the rip-off balance and that's how it should stay.

Paying anything at all for a 33 year old is insane. He's got a year left at the top level imo, and he will spend it at Chelsea anyway. If Hiddink is the new manager - he'll stay and see out his deal, then piss off back to France for a final fling with one of his old clubs.

Lidicrious rumour. And one that will never, ever happen. Ever.