You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancer

withnail71

Guest Pistonbroke

Well, I'll be at home for another week or so and then I'll be signing in to hospital, to the hospice at St. Vincents hospital. They took care of my Mum 25 years ago and I know they will take good care of me too. I have arranged for regular visits from Community Nursing. I've spent a lot of time in St. Vincents and I count quite a few of the staff as personal friends. Friends and family have rallied and they have all been wonderful. I'll post when I can and try to give updates but eventually someone else will be given the job.

Dunno when I can thank  you motley bunch of nutters  but you have brought me so much of happiness and laughter, literally "Laugh out loud". And you're a good and decent bunch as well, the nicest bunch ever.

Peace brother, may your journey be a good one. 

If I find myself facing cancer at some point in the future, which is pretty likely given my family history of it, I only hope I can find a tenth of the courage and fortitude that you've shown Steve.  It's inspiring, truly.  We definitely need nurse feedback though, your work here is not yet done.

Nothing else you can say really is there.  Fuck cancer.

• Upvote 5

Not long now boys and girls.  I'm off to  St.Vincents Hospital tomorrow morning. I probably won't have much opportunity to contact anyone for a bit

I'll certainly be trying though.;D

• Upvote 9

Guest Pistonbroke

Not long now boys and girls.  I'm off to  St.Vincents Hospital tomorrow morning. I probably won't have much opportunity to contact anyone for a bit

I'll certainly be trying though.;D

Don't worry about us mate, we are a bunch of cunts. You just make sure you fuck one of those sexy nurses.......plus we require photos!!! 

Jesus, when I think about the things I've been moaning about recently...

Stevebaby, if you hadn't added the "baby" to your name here, I'd be calling you Stevebaby anyway. Knock the bolox out of everything mate. Big big hug from across the Irish Sea. So much respect for how you're carrying yourself.

• Upvote 1