You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

"Athletico" Madrid. No doubt they'll also be comparing themselves to other non-existent clubs like I Can't Believe It's Not Borussia Dortmund and DC Milan.

Looking forward to details of their new kit deal with Adibas, the brand with the four stripes.

Hahahahahaha

They've properly got the sour grapes out over this flare on the pitch.

Before I go on, lighting a flare at the match is a dickish thing to do. Lashing it on the pitch is even worse.

But, that's all it was. Apparently, it landed in the vicinity of where disabled fans in wheelchairs where sitted/where exiting the ground (I've seen two different alleged accounts) and that has been transformed into "those nasty, evil Wiverpool fans threw a flair at disabled fans!"

They weren't so up in arms about flairs/pyrotechnics when they were lighting them at Anfield and ACTUALLY injuring their OWN fans, for some strange reason?

Everton back campaign to combat smoke bombs by banning supporter | Daily Mail Online

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2523749/Everton-campaign-combat-smoke-bombs-banning-supporter.html

It's like they are preprogrammed to amplify and over hype the bad behaviour of Liverpool fans to keep alive their "weeeeeerst fans in da weeeerld" narrative. Because, that's all they've got.

And, are they genuinely preaching about fans throwing things onto the pitch? Maybe we should've behaved to their impeccable standards and limited are throwing activities to just lashing coins and bottles at their players whenever they had a corner by us? It sometimes gets confusing as to which set of fans is meant to be "offended by everything, ashamed of nothing"......

Fucking bad losing mutants.

• Upvote 2

They're claiming the 'always the victim' chant isn't about Hillsborough. It's about Heysel, us sticking up for that racist Suarez and us blaming UEFA for the ticketing fiasco in the Athens final.

Hmmmm... Even if that is true, the fact they think it's o.k to use Heysel as a stick to beat us. Just shows how terribly warped their minds have become. I'd hate to be an Evertonian.

Looks like I've been wrong, and my ears and eyes have also deceived me all these years. We're the instigators, they only retaliate.

It's incredible the complete lack of self awareness your average Kopite shows. They truly believe they are most people's second team. All I can say to that nonsense is that it's completely untrue. I've yet to encounter on my match day travels (all over this country for over 25 years now) one single fan base with anything positive to say about the club or particularly the fans.

They're hated by just about everyone. You want to see how hated they are by your average fan? Cast your mind back to 13-14, when they had a very real chance of winning the league. Most times people are either uninterested if their own side can't win or pleased that somebody different has won and stopped one of the normal faces from winning it. Not so here, due to the ridiculous and odious behaviour of their fans everyone couldn't wait to see them fall flat on their faces and the glee that Stevie Me's slip and they're total collapse brought was shared universally by everyone. All over the country 'you slipped on your arse' chants where heard. Most clubs would take this as a sign of some sort that maybe they as a club had done something to put all these fans who normally wouldn't of given a toss one way or the other well off. But no, logic and reason has no place at Anfield.

They're behaviour on Mon in and around Goodison (also in town both before the match and later in the night) was disgusting and only proves that after everything we've done, all the solidarity we've shown to them, something we all know they'd never of given us in return they go and behave like that. I wish I could say it was a one off but in reality they're always at it and Mon was on better or worse then most seasons and it's out of order. They do this everywhere and I'm fed up of the reputation of this great city being tarnished by its association of that foul football club and it's ridiculous, horrible fans.

Gwladysstreetlad, Today at 9:29 AM Report#92044Like+ QuoteReply

Toffe3m4n and Dario Terracotta like this.

Gwladysstreetlad said: ↑

The only consolation I can take from last night is the happy knowledge that they are also crap. The fact that they had to nick it at the death vs this God awful side we have is very telling. A truly despicable club that has tarnished our fine city far to often.

Yes, I could hardly believe the flares.

For a club that has seen so much death over the years you would think their fans would be the best behaved ever.

They're nothing but a poor mans Millwall.

I saw quite a few objects being thrown into the Bullens as well. Shamefull.

My biggest issue is not that they refuse to accept everyone else's opinion of their behaviour (mainly the way they look down on everyone else), but the fact they are ignorant in their hatred for us. They are really venomous against us, when we retaliate its because we are bitter. On Monday we couldn't win, if we won the match they say 5 times, 21 years etc. if we lose the same applies. All a derby victory does is keep them bearable, this isn't sour grapes either, I have some decent Liverpool fans who turn vile come derby day.

They cannot understand that being pro-Liverpool and anti-everton are different things, you don't have to be both.

From GOT(There are some real beauts on that site by the way) :

The best part of all this bitterness and jealousy from Everton, is that Liverpool FC was born out of bitterness and revenge. When Everton wouldn't bow down to the demands of John Houlding and his rent prices. Kind of funny when you think about it, many years later Liverpool bullied tenants out of their houses to build a conservatory on their house.

Lets just take the above in for a second, swerve the murderers shouts, swerve the Kopite's are gob.... you know the drill, just present them with cold hard facts. Liverpool Football Club was born out of bitterness. This is not my opinion, this is fact. More of a fact than fat Rafa can ever imagine. Lets all end this toxic rivalry and base it on facts. Liverpool are the more successful club FACT. Born from bitterness. FACT. You cant take one without the other.

Guest Pistonbroke

From GOT(There are some real beauts on that site by the way) :

The best part of all this bitterness and jealousy from Everton, is that Liverpool FC was born out of bitterness and revenge. When Everton wouldn't bow down to the demands of John Houlding and his rent prices. Kind of funny when you think about it, many years later Liverpool bullied tenants out of their houses to build a conservatory on their house.

Lets just take the above in for a second, swerve the murderers shouts, swerve the Kopite's are gob.... you know the drill, just present them with cold hard facts. Liverpool Football Club was born out of bitterness. This is not my opinion, this is fact. More of a fact than fat Rafa can ever imagine. Lets all end this toxic rivalry and base it on facts. Liverpool are the more successful club FACT. Born from bitterness. FACT. You cant take one without the other.

Everton just used to be tragic, they are now an embarrassment. 

The Mancs used to say the same thing (it's a Manc song btw) and they sing it in the same breath as 'the S*n was right, you're murderers'. We know what the connection is, we know what it implies and they should be fucking ashamed of themselves.

Didn't the Mancs sing it one mid-April when they were playing Villa?

And if the mutts really are thick enough to believe that it's not a Hillsborough song, then surely they must see it as part of the "self-pity city" narrative.

They really would rather join in with insults against themselves than object to insults against LFC.

• Upvote 1

The hatred has just gone off the scale in recent years it's bizarre. I think the Internet stokes people's emotions and makes what used to be flexible opinions in to extreme set in stone ones. People need to chill the fuck out.

The internet has really changed things for the worse in terms of fan culture.

It's bollocks.

The "victims" tag was never used until after that Boris Johnson piece in The Spectator. In it, he directly relates the alleged victimhood of Liverpool to a failure to acknowledge the now debunked role that our fans allegedly played in causing the Hillsborough disaster.

I just find it strange that a chant which seems to borrow directly from the rhetoric of that article does so but not with reference to the bits about Hillsborough? Of course not. It's just Liverpool fans doing it again, isn't it? Playing the victims again?

It's a load of bollocks. Stick your semantics and your linguistic gymnastics up your pipe. We all know what the song is about. If you're going to be a cunt and sing it, at least be a brave cunt and don't try to worm your way out of it.

On another note, maybe not related to the bitters, more United, but the "murderers" song is about Hillsborough now too. Not that it made it right, but in the past it was arguably just an unsavoury song about Heysel. But, when you load the term "murderers" with references to Hillsborough by singing "the S*n was right, you're murderers" it doesn't give you much room to manoeuvre back on yourself and say that the term, when just sung on it own without reference to that rag, doesn't have anything to do with Hillsborough. Your own actions made it so it does.

• Upvote 4