You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

I was waiting for a bus in Paradise St this morning when a couple asked me how to get to Goodison. I said they needed to find a bus to Walton and we walked over to one of those destination signs. "Ach, there we awr" he said in his Scouse accent that oddly sounded more Lagan Valley than Everton Valley, pointing at Woolton.

Burn, not manuficshird.

I was waiting for a bus in Paradise St this morning when a couple asked me how to get to Goodison. I said they needed to find a bus to Walton and we walked over to one of those destination signs. "Ach, there we awr" he said in his Scouse accent that oddly sounded more Lagan Valley than Everton Valley, pointing at Woolton.

Burn, not manuficshird.

Maybe they were arsenal fans ?

They're obviously just shithouses who had tickets in the home end and wanted to fit in.

Or maybe they were planning to buy them on the day. Shouldn't have been too hard. I suppose the accent was an improvement on their normal chim chim-in-ey chim chim-in-ey chim chim cher-ee ways, but it needed work.

He's been wanting to leave ever since he signed for them really. He knows Everton can't match his ambition but they were a good bounce-back club for him when Chelsea got rid of him because he knew he'd play every game and he could showcase his ability. 

Man United are the most likely destination, I think.

He's been wanting to leave ever since he signed for them really. He knows Everton can't match his ambition but they were a good bounce-back club for him when Chelsea got rid of him because he knew he'd play every game and he could showcase his ability.

Not sure about that. He wants a Champions League team.

Reckon Bayern will be in for him in the summer. No way is he sticking round after scoring the amount of goals he has and them being 12th in the table. If Stones had any sense he'd do the same.

Not sure about that. He wants a Champions League team.

Reckon Bayern will be in for him in the summer. No way is he sticking round after scoring the amount of goals he has and them being 12th in the table. If Stones had any sense he'd do the same.

PSG and Juventus both rumoured to be interested too. No chance he's at Everton next season, they will likely get a huge fee however.

As for Stones, I think a lot may depend on how he performs for England this summer. I personally don't see what the fuss is about, and think the money Chelsea were offering last summer was incredible for such an inexperienced player. I can't see anyone offering more than Chelsea offered last year, and would potentially be getting their fingers burned if they did.

As for Stones, I think a lot may depend on how he performs for England this summer. I personally don't see what the fuss is about, and think the money Chelsea were offering last summer was incredible for such an inexperienced player. I can't see anyone offering more than Chelsea offered last year, and would potentially be getting their fingers burned if they did.

Nobody understands the way Chelsea do business, even when it's in their favour - 50 miilion for David Luiz?!

Much of it seems like bunging or money laundering, or playing with money. Selling Matic for peanuts, buying him back for a fortune, only to be selling him again... for what? I hope we get him but I suspect he stopped doping, whither his from.

This is my favourite GOT thread in recent memory:

Would Moshiri think of Jose Mourinho for EFC?

Highlights include:

We could certainly afford him, no matter what the people who love being midtable also-rans say.

No, not the right choice for Everton. I love Jose but he wouldn't fit at all with what we are trying to do here.

Personally I'd welcome him.

Why not someone of Mourinho's caliber? Moshiri has changed the whole dynamic. I doubt we could have afforded to sack Martinez before - or have attracted anyone much better.

I'm not sure if I would pick JM to manage Everton. I think he has lost the mystique that surrounded him. I wouldn't be disappointed either, he is still a winner and someone who won't settle for second best.

I am very much of the opinion that Martinez will be gone come the summer, we have a squad capable of top 4/5/6 and he can't manage us into the top half. Give him four more good players and he might get us to 10th, the situation at Everton has changed, we can afford to sack our manager.
It is now time for Everton to bring in a top class manager, a proven winner not an up and coming talent.

Diego Simeone

Sod JM get Simeone in, he'll sort our team out.

Jose is a bit of a show pony imo. Successful?...prima facie undoubtedly. But not the man for Everton Football Club (imo).

With this squad, and 100m I think he could get us champs league next season, anywhere near next season being like this and he could win the title.

would have thought klopp was out of liverpools range but they took that plunge and got there man

At first you assume they're taking the piss and they know that there's no chance Mourinho would even consider taking the manager's job at Everton.  But then you keep reading and you slowly realise, wait ... these actually think this might happen. Some of them even think they're too big a club for Mourinho.

Mindblowing.  The bump when they return to earth after the increased expectations of the new part-ownership deal is going to be very painful.

• Upvote 2