You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

The absolute state of these whoppers...

Let's not forget that Everton won 1 game out of 6 in the Europa League group stages last time they made it to European competition. They can only dream of reaching the heights of the Sparta Prague team they're comparing to Salford City.

Screenshot-20240316-230224-Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Bob said:

I'm sorry mate but you're getting negged to fuck for pasting the entire twitter post history of a daily mail journo here for me to scroll past. 

Fucks sake....i didn't even know that had happened was just meant to be a link to the page.

Fucking poxy site!

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, an tha said:

The absolute state of these whoppers...

Let's not forget that Everton won 1 game out of 6 in the Europa League group stages last time they made it to European competition. They can only dream of reaching the heights of the Sparta Prague team they're comparing to Salford City.

Screenshot-20240316-230224-Chrome.jpg

I take it James has been sent to Coventry. He'll flourish there, like Simms.

15 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Of all the scary times to drink around Toky back then I never felt threatened. We used to bunk off college on Friday lunchtime, Sportsman then Gladray. Tutor told us we'd never pass the exam, he was wrong.

Memory is shit but Gloria rings a bell(end)?

Gloria , a blast from the past. I remember she would come around with an empty pint glass for tips before she danced. Strip music was from the juke box.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The wanderer said:

Gloria , a blast from the past. I remember she would come around with an empty pint glass for tips before she danced. Strip music was from the juke box.

Ha ha, memory not as bad as I thought!

Not sure if this is her, it's not me.

Screenshot_20240317-114835_YouTube~2.jpg

I know my Grandad run a pub for a while in the 70s I think. He was also a merchant seaman. I never got to meet him amd only say my Nan on a dozen or so occasions(well I say nan/grandad but my stepdads family, but he was my dad as far as I'm concerned). Just had a look at the road she lived on. The road doesn't look to have changed much,except the roads look worse. But all I remember as a kid was looking down the street and seeing the Mersey, all I can see on Google maps now is some high rise blocking the view. Not been up there in years. My Dad wanted to move us up their when his mum died but my mum wasn't having it. 

She lived on Beresford Road in Toxteth between the Anglesea pylub and the shop on the corner. 

The shop was a shock for me as a kid with everything being behind glass

• Upvote 1

Been picking up a few things online and from my Bloo friends, and things are looking grim for them in all honesty.  All in all they have close to a billion of debt from Moshiri loans (£400m-£500m, some of which may be written off to put the sale through), MSP with over £100m, 777 close to £200m and other debts pushing the total further up.  777 need to top up the loan at the end of the month to help with running costs/wages etc but they've apparently announced that they won't unless the deal has been ratified, which it probably won't be.  That'll push them perilously close to administration which incurs an automatic 9 point penalty and won't be appealed due to prior cases of the same outcome (Portsmouth springs to mind).  Add the potential of another FFP points deduction (at least 6 points as per earlier in the season) and that's a minimum of 21 point deduction and administration for the year.

Add all that into the mix that the price of the club was negotiated on where they will be playing next season, so if 777 are successful they get the club at a cheaper price, which would interest them.  A brand spanking, new stadium to sell off and rent back for a club they've paid comparative peanuts for.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Furmedge said:

Been picking up a few things online and from my Bloo friends, and things are looking grim for them in all honesty.  All in all they have close to a billion of debt from Moshiri loans (£400m-£500m, some of which may be written off to put the sale through), MSP with over £100m, 777 close to £200m and other debts pushing the total further up.  777 need to top up the loan at the end of the month to help with running costs/wages etc but they've apparently announced that they won't unless the deal has been ratified, which it probably won't be.  That'll push them perilously close to administration which incurs an automatic 9 point penalty and won't be appealed due to prior cases of the same outcome (Portsmouth springs to mind).  Add the potential of another FFP points deduction (at least 6 points as per earlier in the season) and that's a minimum of 21 point deduction and administration for the year.

Add all that into the mix that the price of the club was negotiated on where they will be playing next season, so if 777 are successful they get the club at a cheaper price, which would interest them.  A brand spanking, new stadium to sell off and rent back for a club they've paid comparative peanuts for.

Essentially you're saying that you fear for them, you really do?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Furmedge said:

Stop it, I can only get so erect.