You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Putting my seething disdain for them to one side for a second , I think this will present an awkward situation. While Ancelotti will obviously want to spend in January , Moshiri will already have one eye on this years FFP and lets be honest their only targets are avoiding relegation at worst and hoping for upper mid-table security at best in the league and the FA Cup has thrown up a fixture they have not won in 20 years.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, sir roger said:

Putting my seething disdain for them to one side for a second , I think this will present an awkward situation. While Ancelotti will obviously want to spend in January , Moshiri will already have one eye on this years FFP and lets be honest their only targets are avoiding relegation at worst and hoping for upper mid-table security at best in the league and the FA Cup has thrown up a fixture they have not won in 20 years.

Let's be honest here, CA might be pulling a right clever move off that is a win/win as far as he's concerned. Everton may not be big news on the continent but he'll know them from his time in the PL and has probably held talks with others who have more info on them. CA is 60 and coming to the end of his career, his managerial credentials won't be hit if he fails there and he will have the MLS or China to fall back on anyway. He probably knows if things go bad the fans will be on his back and if the rumours of that contract are true he picks up a tasty wad for keeping them up before fucking off to a less stressful job. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I'm sure Carlo would raise an eyebrow at such cynicism

I imagine if he wins one of the derbies they'll have a statue of him in their new stadium circa 2033. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Rakti

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
I agree that they almost certainly think of us as a small, no hoper club.

Which will make it sweeter when we smash everything and win the lot with our new Godfather.
I remember the 80s and probably the memories cloud my judgement. The media obviously don't harbour the same memories but there's still a lack of recognition for our achievements. They go on about Clough and Forest more than us.

5 minutes ago, Wezza said:

I read earlier that Ancelotti hasn’t stayed anywhere more than two years this decade, so a 4 1/2 year contract sounds like the way to go.

All that means is that when they sack him in 2021 they're still paying him over £900 grand a month until 2024.

Wait and see what Ancelotti thinks when they have a bad run and the booing starts.

34 minutes ago, Wezza said:

I read earlier that Ancelotti hasn’t stayed anywhere more than two years this decade, so a 4 1/2 year contract sounds like the way to go.

True enough but if he gets a tune out of them 2nd half and makes one or two decent buys in the summer he will leave them in a better place , possibly challenging for Europe again , when he leaves. That will be seen by most as a plus. 

1 minute ago, cloggypop said:

If I was an Evertonian I'd be made up like. Understandably so. 

As would I but you know they will get carried away and start with the ridiculous statements of how they're going to win everything in sight, power shifts, head falling off etc. 

Just be happy you have the best manager you could hope to attract albeit in fortuitous circumstances and give him time to assess the team, spend whatever money he has available before all the tubthumping and basing everything around us.

17 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

As would I but you know they will get carried away and start with the ridiculous statements of how they're going to win everything in sight, power shifts, head falling off etc. 

Just be happy you have the best manager you could hope to attract albeit in fortuitous circumstances and give him time to assess the team, spend whatever money he has available before all the tubthumping and basing everything around us.

Course they will. Zlatan will be nailed on. 

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

Rakti

Which will make it sweeter when we smash everything and win the lot with our new Godfather.
I remember the 80s and probably the memories cloud my judgement. The media obviously don't harbour the same memories but there's still a lack of recognition for our achievements. They go on about Clough and Forest more than us.

Mmmmm... Two time European cup winner with an unfashionable club he brought from the 2nd tier of English football or the Mersey millionaires and school of science having some domestic joy and a cup winners cup. They had a good team then Everton, but to think their achievements should match the acclaim Clough's forest got shows just how insane these fuckwits are. 

• Upvote 2

Just been with two blues for a pre xmas family thing for the kids. One who hasn't a clue about footy and won't even watch Everton when I've offered him a stream unless they are on sky/BT is made up about him. The other fella who works in the industry at games 3/4 times a week across the country doesn't want him at all and reckons its a vanity project because the stadium isn't happening anytime soon. 

99% of blues chat shite. 

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

The West Ham fan I married rarely allows herself any sort of optimism (they are, after all, a team who enter the field to a song about dreams fading and dying) but when things are looking up, she allows herself to look forward to a comfortable mid-table finish and (hopefully) a decent victory against Spurs, Arsenal or Chelsea along the way. 

Bloos would be much happier if they adopted a similarly realistic outlook, instead of assuming that they're perpetually on the cusp of world domination, thwarted only by the corrupt conspiracy of The Powers That Be.

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Rakti

Winning back to back European cups sticks in the mind a lot more than a poxy cup winners cup. Only other English team to do it.