You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

He'll be able to go to the Turmeas smoking rooms in Old Hall Street. They have a nice varied selection of cigars that he can stub out in people's eyes.

It says it all that Talkshite employs that idiot Barton

Another ex player( like Tony Adams) who has read a book later in life and thinks he is John Paul Sartre.

I still wonder how his sending off in the game against City for QPR in that title deciding game wasn't investigated for corruption- especially since his gambling exploits have since been exposed

Everton are interested in Sean Dyche becoming their new manager and are likely to make an approach for the Burnley boss in the next 24 hours, say Sky sources.

Ronald Koeman was dismissed from his post last Monday after Everton fell to a 5-2 defeat to Arsenal, leaving them in the Premier League relegation zone.

Following last week's sacking, Everton U23 manager David Unsworth has taken the reigns at Goodison Park on an interim basis and has expressed his interest in taking over from Koeman

Other managers including Sam Allardyce have also shown interest in the Everton job, but Sky Sports News understands the club want to make Dyche their next manager

When asked about the vacant managerial role at Goodison Park after his side's 1-0 victory over Newcastle on Monday night Dyche remained tight-lipped on his future.

"I just keep getting on with my job, simple as that," Dyche told Sky Sports, when asked what he would do if a call came in from Everton.

"We just keep getting on with it. That's my focus and my team's focus. We have to do planning of course, but generally we take each game as it comes, we work on that, then we process the information, debrief it and we move forward again and keep that clarity of thought. That's how we keep going."

Since joining Burnley in 2012, Dyche has experienced great success at Turf Moor, helping guide the club to two Premier League promotions - he is currently the third longest serving manager in the division behind Arsene Wenger and Eddie Howe

He is currently enjoying his best season with the Clarets - after 10 games they have 16 points and sit in seventh in the Premier League after a string of impressive results, including an away win against last year's champions Chelsea on the opening day of the season

Some top class revisionism happening here the last few weeks,  As a recap when Koeman went the line from work bloo was:

"Unsworth in to steady the ship, then I think Moshiri knows that they need to get a manager with real pedigree now even if it means waiting until the summer.  I'm talking the likes of Ancellotti, people who know how to create success and know Moshiri will back him"

Today's reports of Dyche after 2 defeats in a week for Rhino:

"I think it'd be a great appointment.  Knows the premier league, will organise them.  There's not managers available at the minute and he will get the best out of them"

I mentioned that Him, Alladyce etc are all a bit "dogs of war" and they may as well get Moyes in until the end of the season to steady the ship. 

"Not a bad idea, think the season is a write off.  I'd like to think we'd get someone in, even Dyche just on a 1 year deal and then in the summer go for a world class manager"

Yeah the pull of, relegation battling Everton will make the 2nd longest serving manager in the PL leave his job for a 12 month contract on the off chance they can't temp Guardiola in the summer

• Upvote 3

World class managers are queueing up to take over at a side who have won fuck all for 21 years, who are 2nd best to by some way and live in the shadow of a team in their own city who aren't exactly massively successful in recent times themselves and who currently sit in the relegation zone.

And they call us deluded.

World class managers are queueing up to take over at a side who have won fuck all for 21 years, who are 2nd best to by some way and live in the shadow of a team in their own city who aren't exactly massively successful in recent times themselves and who currently sit in the relegation zone.

And they call us deluded.

That's because they are actually deluded! 

They must be the least successful big club in history.

OK they have 9 league titles - but only 4 of those are post the 2nd world war.

They have 5 FA Cups - again only 3 are post war.

1 European honour - so prestigious it was scrapped.

And that is erm it...

Well until you add this lot in - then they make Real Madrid look like Accrington.

http://www.evertonfc.com/content/history/everton-firsts

Some of their fans are proper gegs.

Two in my work are going to Lyon. Both haven't set foot in Goodison this year. I was working a few Sundays ago and this fella was in here while the Arsenal game was on. This is someone who always slags Kopites off for never going to Anfield. Another one hasn't been to any games for ages and just watches their home games on dodgy foreign streams. Now both are making out they are die hards for going on a jolly to Lyon. This fella used to slate Moyes and refused to go to Goodison but still took up the offers of semi final and final tickers a few years ago.

If Sean Dyche has any sense at all he will stay where he is.

What the fuck would he gain out of going to Woodison?

Stepping out of his familiar and comfortable if modest surroundings of Turf Moor to become the master of all he surveys at a shit, crumbling stadium with a shit team that has no striker..and a deluded, permanently angry fanbase, high on creosote fumes.

What could possibly go wrong?

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Dyche has already tasted PL relegation first time round with Burnley. At least the bitters would be getting a manager who knows how to get out of the Championship. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them even though they have not done anything great.  But they are great

Aye, the most obvious one which I was going to use as an example mate. I love your Trumesque twist to it though, or is it Tony the Tiger?